main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC My week at work.

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jun 2, 2017.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    It was a short week thanks to Memorial Day on Monday. On Tuesday I went to work again for the first time since Friday after I dropped my 3 year old off at daycare! I commuted with my wife. we left Tuesday, at 7:30am. It wasn't a great welcome back as their were train delays. Ugh. But at least I had my coffee. I knew it was going to be a bad week. Squeezing 5 days of work into 4 days would be difficult. But I'm off next week. So on top of this I was trying to work ahead as much as possible. I went with some coworkers to five guys for lunch one day. It was our first trip there since 1993. Gave me the runs something terrible. On Wednesday I worked from the home office. Thank god! Stopped at a stationary store and they were having a buy one get one free shopkins deal. So I bought my daughter some. Work was busy tho. No goofing off for me at home while working. Except I put neighbors 2 on in the background while working. I laughed a little bit. Sorry not sorry. That zac efron kid sure is hunky. Anyway back to reality, Thursday was an equally busy day. Deadlines were fast approaching and my people were not meeting me half way. I had to fight to get some extensions. Everything worked out fine by Friday morning. And here we are now posting a thread about it...

Juliet316, Boba_Fett_2001 and tom like this.
  2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Horse mouths are so weird. Their whole face is a jaw, but their lips are so tiny.
    How do they live without opening their jaw all the way? What if they have to yawn?

J7Luke likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!

Rew and vin like this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I didn't picture your dog.

8. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I don't like Toto, I pictured Lassie instead.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wild at heart was one of my favorite movies in high school. my friends and i used to quote it constantly so i instantly recognized the "my dog" quote. but despite my love of lynch and nic cage i watched it recently and it hasn't aged very well.

10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I had that with "Rumblefish".

tom likes this.
  11. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I pictured my own dog (and even heard his barking in my mind).

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You have a job! I always assumed you were too vin to function in the real world.

Violent Violet Menace and vin like this.
  13. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    There must be work Vin and non-work Vin... and JC Vin

vin likes this.
  14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    @vin, I must admit. I love your avatar.

vin likes this.
  15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager