main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My ***** wife won't let me see AOTC until Saturday!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by BLACKJEBUS, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    She called Star Wars crap?!

I sense the Darkside at work here.

2. aceHyphenOne

aceHyphenOne Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    This sure makes me appreciate my girlfriend. She even bought me a few action figures today...

3. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Hell, my wife was bummed that I wouldn't let HER buy any figures cuz I was worried about spoilers. Sometimes I forget what a lucky guy I am.

I'm hitting the midnight show by myself, because we couldn't get a babysitter for the kids. Then we are going noon thursday together. This way, when the 7 month old gets fussy,(and she will) I can take her to the lobby, having already seen it, while my wife and son watch in peace. What a noble sacrafice I make for the family, seeing AOTC twice in 1 day. ;)

Peace

4. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    How sweet, hippie1kenobi.
    Like Harlowe, it's finals week for me. Unlike Harlowe, I'll be done with finals Thursday morning (my last one is actually a presentation on why people like Star Wars- God, I love college!). Unfortunately, some of my friends will be in finals during the first show, friends that I saw the first show of TPM with. I'm still decided whether or not to go to the first one, and then again with my buddies. Lousy finals week...

5. Darth_Darren

Darth_Darren Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Man, not only is my wife going with me to see AOTC tonight, but she even stayed up late with me last night to watch TPM to fully refresh ourselves.

I have the best wife. Really, I do.

6. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    ....this person you speak of is still your wife why excatly??

7. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    " I want to see it on opening night, but she is not a Star Wars fan, and she thinks that I should go to bed early so I'm not tired at work on Thursday! "

Dood, you shouldn't even be GOING to work on Thursday. ;)

8. kingjim

kingjim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    Wait for your wife to fall asleep on Wednesday night, then sneak out. Take your son with you if he's old enough to stay awake that late at night.

Then hope to God she's still asleep when you get back home! If she's awake she could be :mad:!

9. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I'm with those who think you should take your son to see it at midnight. I think that'd be the *ultimate* bonding experience. Of course, getting *him* to take a nap today might be harder than getting in a nap for yourself...

10. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I have NO problems with my wife not liking Star Wars. She knows I do, but doesn't care much for it.

Actually, she bought me a pile of Star Wars Lego for fun a couple of months ago! She got me:

Slave I with Boba Fett
    Rebel Snowspeeder
    Y-Wing and Vader's Tie Fighter
    Tie Fighter
    Desert Skiff with Jedi Luke and Han Solo
    AT-ST with Chewbacca
    Qui-Gon and Young Obi-Wan with Battle droids and Destroyer Droids

She just doesn't want me to go to the opening showing tonight! And there are still some tickets available for some of the theaters around the city! Arrrgghhhh!

11. alent1234

alent1234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Just go on saturday. This weekend is my six months together with my girlfriend and I'll be spending it with her. We're going to see it next week. And in a week there should be less of a crowd which means less cheering and clapping drowning out the movie.

12. Sabersparx

Sabersparx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    "That's not true. Chicks are cool..."

Yes they are.

When they try to stop you from going to see SW...

No they aren't.

13. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Really. Stand up and say: I'm going tonight, then just go. What was it Han said in TESB. "I don't have time to discuss this to a committie"(I can't spell, too early!)

14. Lock

Lock Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Be your own man. You let someone tell you what to do? I would never wish that upon anyone. You have the freedom in this country to do as you wish don't let someone make you do what they want. I would never enter into a relationship where either party had that power over the other. How dreadful! Stand up for yourself and do what you want not what others want. If she can't deal with that, well it isn't her choice in the first place. It is yours!!! :)

15. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Once again, threads like these make me thankful for my 4:30 pm tickets.

Sorry. Maybe next episode. :)

16. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Yep jade my tickets are for 4:20 pm...I dunno the whole midnight thing isint that great..i went for TPM @ midnight..i would have much rather seen it the later on in the day full of energy..plus i have school on friday and it would suck..i'd be tired..This way though, after a long school day i goto see Episode 2 right away..wow i cant wait!

17. Kenian-Wan

Kenian-Wan Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    My wife is pretty cool about it.She had no problem with me keeping my son home from so we can be at the midnight showing.Really there is no equal compared to the first showing.Its not a movie your going to its an event at first day.But you guys that have girlfriends buy figures for you,that is so cool.I have to hide all my Star Wars purchases and she never buys me anything to do with it.Then around Christmas time and birthday she asks me what I want,haha.

18. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Yeah, man, chicks can be so cool... my fiancee and I are both graduate students and we're having final exams this week. She has a take-home exam that's due on Thursday evening at 5 p.m., and the first screening of AOTC here (we live in Ithaca, NY) is at 12 p.m. on Thursday. Yet she went ahead and bought tickets for the both of us for that first screening (said she'll try to finish her exam and hand it in before the movie)!! She is not even a SW fan. Not even close! Heck, she hasn't even seen the original trilogy!!! (She only saw TPM on DVD recently when I told her that she had to watch it first in order to enjoy Episode II). I told her that she'll probably be one of the rare species in this generation who can see Episodes I to VI in their proper order...

Man oh man oh man... I think even two dozen roses aing't gonna be enough to show my gratitude.. :) :)

19. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    That really sucks, but still, she is your wife and you should respect her.

*glares at the ***** in the title.

20. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    MY ***** WIFE RULES! :)

I missed the opening screening, but she had tickets for the movie tonight when we're both off of work (and the little one has no school Friday, so he can come too!) I don't have to wait until Saturday! Woo Hoo! [face_laugh]

Damn! Now I remember why I married her. So unpredictable and sweet she is! [face_love]

21. Tak_Deloran

Tak_Deloran Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    LMAO @ the topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.