main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My Work is Done (purges, one-poster, OC faces Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KatarnLead, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Thanks for clicking! :D

Title: My Work is Done

Rating: PG

Summary: A Jedi Knight prepares to face Vader during the purges

Author's Note: This is a repost, but I only got about 1 or two readers last time, as it was under a different username.

Hopefully things'll go better, feedback-se, this time!

Oh, this was the first fanfic that I wrote, and it's been archived over at TF.N :D

I can rationalise, justify, even quantify my actions. I can write it off as a favour done to the galaxy, as something that will greatly benefit all peace and freedom-loving creatures known to the Force. I can say anything that will appease my conscience of what I have to do, yet, when I think long and hard about it, I find myself unable to do it.

[i]Someone has to do it.[/i]

Yet, my mind argues back, it does not have to be me. I swore an oath not to bring death or destruction upon any living beings. I was made a protector of the innocent, an upholder of justice. [i]Killing him [/i]is[i] justice. You've seen firsthand his work.[/i] But I don't have to be the one to kill him - it is not the will of the Force.

On and on the endless internal debate rages. On reflection, it's not very controlled of me, a Jedi Knight, to be taken over by such mental squabbling. I should be self-disciplined; I should keep a tight reign on my emotions.

[i]Perhaps that's why you can't think of killing him -[/i]

I punch the rock next to me, causing pain to shoot through my fist, and up my arm. It firmly stops the thought from going any further in its process, effectively eliminating it for the time being. I know it is a childish and unrestrained way to stop my thoughts from tormenting me, but it is the only way that works. Use of the Force is never easy when my mind is running its own course of action, and resorting to physical ways to stop it is often the only effective way to do it. I sigh in disbelief of where I have come, from the days of glory.

I sit back down, huddled into the corner of the cave, awaiting my chance to drastically alter the tally of rights and wrongs in the galaxy, and remember the days long gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was known the entire galaxy over as Jedi Knight Liaat Pleck'se. People on planets I was visiting for the first time would come out into the streets, often dirty and dusty, and greet me by name, so widely known was I. They all knew my background and my face from the holos and newsnets coming out of Coruscant. The great Jedi from the Outer-Rim, who had come to right the wrongs of their planets.

It was for this that my name became so widely spread: I was a special envoy from the Jedi Council, adept at solving diplomatic and judicial disputes, all the galaxy over. I became famous not only within the community of Jedi, but with everyday people, on almost all planets throughout the Republic. If there was an imminent war between two independent planets in a system, I would be the one sent to calm things down.

This was not the work of one man, though. Though all of this, the Force had shown me the way to go, the tact to use, which style of negotiation to use with them. I would spend most of the flight to the planet or system in need in meditation, seeking the will of the Force. And it was a very rare time when the will of the Force was not revealed to me, leading to my success and fame.

This little fact quickly spread throughout all of the Jedi at the temple. They knew that I was one of the rarely gifted ones - the way of the Force was seemingly known to me for everything. For this reason, I soon found that once I had mentioned it, numerous Jedi began to come to me more and more often, seeking the way of the Force on something that had not been revealed to them. While this didn't prevent me from taking on any missions set my by the Council, it did somewhat drastically reduce the amount of time I was able to spend training young Jedi at the temple. This prevented me from taking on a Padawan, alo

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That was good, my dear. ;) (Were you expecting me to say something else?)

I liked how the Jedi swore an oath not to kill, and he didn't - he merely provided time for someone else to escape, distracting Vader. Does make me wonder if he could have killed Vader, though. ;)

Very nice, my love. [face_love] :D

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    That was good (from someone who isn't your significant other :p)

4. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Nice plot idea. :)

5. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Oba - thankies, dearest. Methinks he was most certainly capable of killing Vader, but simply didn't because of his own convictions and the oath that he held himself to.

And thanks for picking up Darth Markup Code :D [face_love]

Spike2002 - :p to you too! [face_mischief] Glad you liked!

bluebereft - Thanks!

[edit] I mention Darth Markup Code, and he strikes once more! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.