main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Myrkr Question for Fan Fiction....PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    So Im working on a fan fiction piece based on Myrkr during the Clone Wars. Ive been doing research on the internet, and using all those Star Wars EU dictionaries you see in bok stores, and I keep coming across a contradicting statement. Some sources (SW Dict.) say that the Jedi knew about the ysalimiri for as long as the planet has been settled on. But others (OS Databank) elude to the Jedi not knowing of them at all. Its been a long time since I read the Zahn trilogy, but I was under the impression the ysalimiri were first discovered by the Jedi there, though I know Luke wasnt the most informed. Can anyone help me out on this one? Its holding up my progress!!!
    Thanks,
    LBMH

2. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    IIRC, the planet was discovered about 300 years before the Thrawn Trilogy, everyone avoided it for the most part.

I suspect a few of the older Jedi might know the name, but they don't like it getting out, as it could potentially be used against them.

3. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    You have a fitting name to help me, hahaha.
    Yeah, Im hoping that the ysalimiri are for the most part unknown to the Jedi for the sake of my story. Ill wait to hear from more people though. Thanks man!
    ~LBMH

4. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh, and if anyone can suggest a great accurate and informal website or book for this type of thing, please let me know.

5. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    :)

I peeked into HTTE, Thrawn said that the Jedi of the day left it strictly alone, and that it had been populated at least three hundred years.

6. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    Hey, have you read Star By Star? Is there any Myrkr stuff in there? I thought I heard it took place there.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Myrkr was known during the TOTJ era, and apparently thought to be the Neti homeworld.

8. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    Neti? Oh man, who are they? This opens up a whole new area. CRAP!

9. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Neti actually shouldn't really mess you up; provided you're writing the fic set post TotJ, there's one left, and he's been on Ossus for the past millenium or two. As to what they are, they're walking trees. I liked them in passing.

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    We know of 3 Neti tree aliens.

1. Master Garnoo, former mentor to Oss Wilum before Thon; TOTJ
    2. Master Ood Bnar; TOTJ/DE2
    3. Master Tr'aa Saa; Ongoing/Republic

11. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    Unless I'm forgetting something, they never went to the surface on Myrkr in SbS, the Jedi commando team was sent to a worldship in orbit. The YV did harvest Vornskrs there to engineer the Voxyn, though.

It's not unreasonable to assume that Myrkr was abandoned for millenia before being repopulated three centuries before HTTE. Also not unreasonable to assume that record of its inhabitants was lost between the various governmental reformations between TOTJ and HTTE.

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I peeked into HTTE, Thrawn said that the Jedi of the day left it strictly alone, and that it had been populated at least three hundred years.

have to wonder if Thrawn was telling the truth... or if he knew the truth.

i would venture to say that if the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars knew about the ysalimiri, they would have gone to great lengths to make sure that the knowledge was suppressed, as using the ysal would be an obvious equalizer in the clone wars and for jedi assassination plots. because they knew that some jedi were joining dooku's cause or questioning the order's role, i would imagine that the jedi council would keep the information even from the regular jedi. hopefully the CIS never learned about the unusual lifeforms of Myrkyr.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Unless I'm forgetting something, they never went to the surface on Myrkr in SbS, the Jedi commando team was sent to a worldship in orbit. The YV did harvest Vornskrs there to engineer the Voxyn, though.

That's correct, they never set foot on Myrkr in SBS.

14. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    Okay, so there is nothing about Star By Star that is informational about Myrkr? Awesome. Thanks again to everyone helping me out. Hopefully I can pay you back with some decent fan fiction.
    ~LBMH

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    We know of 3 Neti tree aliens.

Four I believe. Though one is actually an infant and the offspring of Master Ood Bnar. We see it very briefly after Master Ood's death in DEII, and it is Jem who points it out. Which suggests that Neti are even more like trees than just in apperance as it seems to be a seedling that fell from his branches.

16. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

Aug 28, 2002
    oh, and not that its so important, but how would you pronounce it?

Muh-Kerr?
    Mere-Kurr?

17. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Mere-kire for me.

In the Clone Wars era I see Myrkr as heavily blockaded by a Republic fleet, so that the Seppies cannot get their hands on the ysalamiri. Why were the Republic so eager to halt the production of bio-droids on Ord Cestus? Because they annuled the advantage the Jedi held. The ysalamiri do that too, and if The New Rebellion is accurate, make it harder for the Jedi to reflect laser bolts.

18. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Does anyone know what happened to Myrkr after the TUF ?
    Is it still in the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong ?

19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i would imagine that they would be forced to vacate that section of space, although quite possibly the planet might have suffered a vong-induced environmental collapse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.