main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Myst] Myst: The Book of Ja'nira

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Ceillean, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Myste: The Book of Ja'nira
    Author: Ceillean
    Time: today I suppose
    Notes: I've done it! :p My first non Star Wars Fanfic in years. I love playing Myst, I was fascinated by it and I've been hooked ever since. If you love books, how can you not adore a world where you can write your own worlds and live within them? *sighs* How cool would that be? I'd totally write up my own Kyp Durron. :D Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy reading this.
    Be prepared for Ceillean and her crazy mind. :p

Seventeen year old James Duncan hurried down the darkened path that led to a small cave he had found just days before. It was past midnight, the sky above him a carpet of blackness mottled with twinkling stars.

He could hardly see his hands before his eyes but he did not care. His feet carried him to his destination and even after he had tripped and fallen a few times ? he still kept going. He vowed he would never turn back. So he kept his eyes forward, he kept running, hoping for a better future.
    [i]
    Anything?s better than this.[/i]

The pounding pain beneath his skull reminded him of the man who called himself his father. The father who punched him repeatedly, the father who had kicked at him even though he was already lying on the floor. The father who had spat at him and wished for his death ? but too afraid to carry it out himself.
    His mother had left them on James? fifth birthday. Eagerly awaiting presents and a cake, he?d bolted down the stairs into their kitchen to find his father slumped over a hand written letter, his eyes bloodshot.

James? life had been a rollercoaster of emotions. He remembered being happy but the memories of pain and hurt prevailed.
    He wanted to escape, no matter the consequences.

The cool air around him made him shiver and he rubbed his bare arms, cursing for forgetting his jacket at home.
    ?I?ll live.? He muttered under his breath. He?d packed the few belongings that meant the world to him into a large back pack, now carrying a laptop he?d spend months saving for, a little MP3 player his friend Cassie had given him for his last birthday, a few books he?d found in the cellar of his home ? the books belonged to his mother and he?d been excited to find an old diary. He hurried on.

James didn?t think his father would follow him; the man was now no doubt too drunk to so much as sit up straight but as soon as morning came, the man would call the police claiming James had run away.

James rolled his eyes and laughed. Of course he?d run away ? but this time it was for good. Twelve years of beating was enough. Twelve years of having to lie for the man who called himself his father. Twelve years of being afraid?

James stopped and looked around. He stood in a vast green meadow, tall green trees growing around him. It was only another hour on foot until he reached the cave and there he?d stay until the night was over. He?d walk into town and maybe he?d ask Cassie to help him.
    His best friend, the one person who accepted him the way he was. She?d definitely help him. For a moment, he pondered if he should go to her directly but he doubted her parents would want him at their doorstep this late at night.

They didn?t like him at all for that matter. Showing up now would just make things worse.
    Therefore, he kept going, hugging himself to ward off the cold just a little longer.

The large tree had a small x carved into the stem; James knew he?d arrived at his destination as he moved his long fingers along the fine carving. He turned around and gazed up to a huge rock formation.

Taking a deep breath, he moved forward, climbing up the rock inch after inch, scraping his bare hands in the process. He refused to look down and kept his gaze on the rock before him. His muscles burned as he climbed faster but he ignored the pain, the way he ignored everything and anything that tended to hurt him.
    It took only a few minutes until he?d reached the top. He knelt there for a moment, staring into immacul

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    So James has teleported to another world via the magic book:D Though little squirt, getting beat by his father like that and surviving.=D=

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Eeee! This is absolutely wonderful so far! I've always been a huge fan of the Myst series and to see a fanfiction of it here made my day. :D

I can't wait to see what happens now that James has linked~ ^__^

4. Kurdt_Kobain

Kurdt_Kobain Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2008
    Excellent. I have played the first 4 games and I love Myst. I am looking forward very much to more of this story. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.