main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Auraveda, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I know there are at least a couple of other MST3K fans here so I thought I'd post this.

The Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse is showing Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie this and next saturday (12/21 and 12/28) at midnight. I am planning on going to see it this saturday, would anyone else like to go?

The Rosebud is on W. North Ave near the intersection of North and 68th. Admission is $6.

The Rosebud is one of two theaters I found recently in my neighborhood that show independant and off release films (The other is The Times Cinema on Vliet). Right now the Rosebud is also showing A Christmas Story and Bowling for Columbine. I've never been there before but according to their website their seating consists of plush velvet sofas, love seats, chairs, and intimate cafe tables. They serve pizza, appetizers, ice cream, microbrews, and wine (and coffee/tea/soda for those under 21). This sounds like a great theater, I wish I'd heard of it before!

2. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh, man, I'd love to go see this in a theatre, but I'm already trying to pack way too much into this weekend. I'm still trying to think of a way to see IMAX AOTC this weekend (haven't had the chance yet), and I'm failing to see how that'll be possible... :(

-Phil

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    What time would you be going, Dawn? I would LOVE to see that in the theatre again, but I have a family X-Mas thing that day. If you were going at night, I could probally make it. :)

4. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    Well, it's a midnight showing only so I'd probably be there around 11:30. So yeah, it's at night :p .

5. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm a fan of MST3K but never got around to seeing the movie so I would be interested. I've been to the Rosebud once before to see the Godfather and it's much different than a regular movie going experience. Plus they serve Guinness so it can't be all that bad.

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Sounds like a hoot. I'll check with the better half and see if he's interested in going. So we're a probably.

M

7. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'd love to go. I love the Rosebud, and since my friend is coming back from college that morning (she's a big MST3K fan), if she wants to go, maybe we'll both show up.

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Thanks, Dawn, for starting this thread. I haven't had a chance to do much of anything online this week.

I'm interested, definitely! I've never been to The Rosebud, but have always wanted to go. What an excellent introduction to this theater!

9. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Count me in, Dawn!! I'll be back from my family thing by 6 so Midnight will work out just fine.

EDIT: I just realized that you put the time in your first post. Please forgive my stupidity. :) Sometimes I just read too fast.

10. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    D'oh! My sister has a Christmas party that night that I promised to attend, so as much as it pains me to do so, I'll have to bow out of this one.

Jeff

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Jeff, wanna hit Rosebud the weekend after?

12. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I think I could do that. Sounds like a plan to me, then.

Jeff

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Alright, have fun! :D

Just kidding. I'll be there.

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I'd be willing to go again. I'm just that bored. :)

15. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    :D I'll be there... I think this'll be fun. (just like everything else we do... so there's really no point in.......WHATEVER! I'll be there.

16. A_New_HopeLily

Jun 29, 2002
    Not much has been said about this outing... is it a definate for tonight?

17. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, we were GOING to go however, I installed 13 printers in the department and everyone is freaking out. It's better if I stick close to home so the feebs don't spaz when I say it'll take me 40 minutes to fix their stuff. I /hate/ users.

However, we'd be free next weekend..

M

18. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I think Ben and I are planning on going, perhaps after a short trip to the mead hall.

19. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    That was very fun! I'll definitely do it again next weekend. Sorry that so many of you couldn't make it.

The theater absolutely rocks! The screen is reasonably big for a small theater, the velvet couches are really comfy, and if you order food they'll bring it right to your seat during the movie. I'm definitely going to make a point of seeing more movies there in the future.

20. A_New_HopeLily

Jun 29, 2002
    I agree! The theater was super cool! We should go more often..... Then party at Tom and Dawn's house afterward.

Cally

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I totally forgot that this was last night!! Call me stupid. I'll try and make it next week. :)

22. A_New_HopeLily

Jun 29, 2002
    Definately Megan! I'm looking forward to this weekend!

23. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    BUMP! :)

Just a little reminder to anyone planning on going this weekend, that it's uh.... this weekend. :p

24. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Cool. Where and when will this event be occuring? I've been so busy with the holiday (*final fantasy V*) that I haven't been able to really check the board much. It's just sucking so much of my time (*must gain another geomancer level, must get bahamat*) that I'm rather glad the holidays are almost over.

Give us the plan. I think it sounds like a fine plan.

M

25. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    It's going to be at the Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse at Midnight Saturday night.

The Rosebud Cinema is on the south side of North Ave inbetween 68th and 69th street. That's about the same neighborhood that Model Zone is in. Here's a map.

[image=http://www.rosebudcinemadrafthouse.com/images/map.gif]

6823 W NORTH AVENUE

Admission is $6.

I'll be there if I'm not somewhere else. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.