main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by HL&S , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'd love it if they brought the series back for some modern movies to rip into. Imagine Catwoman or Gigli :p

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Will do. I'm buying this set first.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I love this show. Haven't seen many of the episodes, but I intend to catch all the DVD sets eventually.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I hated it when the Sci-Fi channel moved the show to Saturday mornings at 8am. I honestly could not wake up to watch it and the times I did, I was too tired to enjoy it.

5. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I used to watch MST3K all the time when I was younger with my dad, however it wasn't shown much here in the UK, the last thing of it I saw was the movie a few years back at 2AM. Does anyone know any offline ways of purchasing the DVD's as I have no means of buying online.

6. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    The best suggestion I can make is to contact any sci-fi/fantasy retail stores in your area and see if they can import them. There's a store in Perth that does that, but the asking price is far higher then what I can get from amazon, even with international p+h and exchange rates!

Other then that, find someone with a mastercard or visa who's willing to order them online for you, and pay them back in cash ... or chocolate :p

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't know if British television just showed the pick of the crop over here, but I really loved these, but my first two attempts at acquiring dvds of the series have netted me the most utter ****, if fact, the worst ***** this side of the galactic centre. Certainly the worst films ever, I mean, if the MST3K treatment can't save them, nothing can.

That black and white film that gets packaged with Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, can't remember what it was called, I wanted to tear my eyes out... My God.

Interesting. Just noticed ObiWan506 mentions this horrid crime against humanity: Manos: The Hands of Fate.

:_|

In contrast, a Richard Kiel (Jaws in two 007 films) effort as a Caveman in some Nevada town eventually grew on me, so out of four films, I got one I can stand to watch. Cool.

8. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Nice to see an MST3K board around here.

When the show was dropped by that network Barry Schulman used to run (I won't diginfy it by name), I gathered up all my episode copies, adding new ones and related material (like Mike's commentary for "Reefer Madness") as I went along. I then put on one randomly selected item every Sunday night. I think of it as being under Drought Restrictions until the inevitable series revival, and I'll be starting my second year of it (with no repeats) soon. Last night I watched "The Unearthly" with the comedy team of John Carridine and Tor Johnson. Great stuff!

Oh, and my choices for a vol. 9 from Rhino: An all-spy box, with "Secret Agent Super Dragon", "Operation Double 007", "Danger!! Death Ray", and "Agent for h.a.r.m."

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    KM, that choice looks interesting. I'll look out for them. [face_plain]

10. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I just rented Space Mutiny from Netflix. I should get it today.

:D

11. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001

Just Space Mutiny? Or Space Mutiny presented by MST3K? If it's without the MST3K guys, you are very brave.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Saw Space Mutiny. Loved how they ripped the old Battlestar Galactica footage for their own use...[face_plain][face_tired]:mad:[face_skull]

'MOVE! MOVE IT!!!!!! GYYAAARGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!'

And the Ballerians... oy.

Railing death!

13. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Just finished watching Space Mutiny ... and yes it was with the MST3000 guys. Hilarious stuff. I loved their little get-a-way cars.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Topping out at speeds of THREE MILES AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, those things were beyond hokey.

15. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    "Apparently they have no shame in the future"

I think I'm watching it again tonight with my fiancé.

16. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah. I loved it when the girl dies, then she's seen sitting down in the next scene. Hilarious.

Space Mutiny is on one of the MST3K volume sets. So be careful when buying the individual episodes. You don't want to repeat your dvd's.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Vloume 4, actually. Along with 'The Girl in Gold Boots', Overdrawn at the Memory Bank and... one other who's name escapes me right now.

Loved 'Memory Bank'. 'It's Christmas on the Borg cube!'

18. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah, "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" was hilarious. "I will have you...with some bernet sauce!" Or something like that. [face_laugh]

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    They just ripped the fat guy to shreds. 'Hold on... I'm passing a ham through my left ventricle!'

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, that caveman film with Richard Kiel is called, Eagah.

21. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001

[face_laugh]

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    The only line, besides the one I 'sang' earlier in this thread (hehe), that has always stuck with me is another movie quote...

"Keanue Reeves in 'My Own Private Airfield'"

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    What really made the quote was the image too. A fat guy dressed up as the bad guy from Casablanca (Never show a good movie in the middle of your really crappy movie) is just making this face. He's also beet-red, too.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, I have access to a few episodes, but I either haven't seen them in a very very long time or haven't seen them at all, so which ones do you folks feel are the best out of this list? (need to choose a couple to bring to a friend's house)

-Jack Frost
    -The Undead
    -Prince of Space
    -The Final Sacrifice
    -Master Ninja

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The only ones I remember are Prince of Space and The FInal Sacrifice, so I'd naturally recommend those ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.