main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Mystery" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tropical_Plumber, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I wondered the same thing, THX.

It's obvious that they must be disarmed, but it seems like the Jedi should be able to handle some alien dudes without their sabers.

That being said, it seems like a lot of the characters in Star Wars seem unwilling to take risks that could get them killed. I'm sure Obi-Wan tells Anakin that they should sort of "go with it" and wait and see what happens. I don't know if I'm right here, but couldn't the Jedi technically just use the Force to get the cuffs off right away?

The other possibility is that some Sith kicked their ass to put them in that position. It's possible that the "Good Job" scene occurs after Obi-Wan is imprisoned by Dooku, so maybe someone on that planet just overpowered the Jedi.

2. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    Sorry all. Originally, I was just making an observation about Yoda and his clothes and wondered if anyone else thought the same. My "reaction," which is what this thread is for right?...to the unnatural way Yoda's clothes moved is all I was stating. I didn't think it would turn into anything else. That being said, I don't just swallow unprovoked insults either.

So, again, my apologies...

O-Qey?

3. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Does TFN have pictures of the trailer like they did for the "Breathing" trailer? if so whats the link?

4. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I am extremely curious to know about what sort of villian can put two Jedi, including the Chosen One, and Senator Naberrie into irons. Hope "Black Eye" covers it a little more! :D

5. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I'll bet a villain with force lightning could. :D

And whoever captures the Jedi doesn't have to handle them both at the same time. Remember, it appears that Obi-Wan is captured before Anakin, so I doubt that Dooku or anyone else would have had to have taken them both on.

6. NerdyNathan

NerdyNathan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2001
    Hmm...I wonder why Anakin is letting that alien tie him up like that. Wait a minute, is that an ysalamiri on his shoulder?

[ducks for cover as hundreds of blaster bolts scream past his head]

Just speculating... ;)

7. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    > ysalamiri

That would be so cool and funny at the same time ! :)

8. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Maybe Obiwan is tied up already and Anakin is drained from the lightning. Padme can just be handled... without worry... of the force...sorry I just drifted off there ;-)

--Joey

9. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    I think I just might die of curiosity in the next 185 days! :D

10. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    It's not *entirely* unprecedented that a Jedi would allow himself to be captured -- Luke at Jabba's Palace; Luke and the Ewoks; Luke surrendering to the Imperials on Endor.

(Now that I think of it, Luke did a LOT of giving up during Return of the Jedi. ;))

There seemed to be quite a few good reasons for Luke to give up then, and we might assume that one of those reasons may apply in AOTC. To me, the most obvious reason is that - just as Luke probably did nothing in Jabba's Palace for the sake of his friends - Anakin may be reluctant to do anything to keep Padme out of a firefight.

...and, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but there's an obvious ABSENSE in the two trailers we've seen so far:

NO BATTLES.

Every episode has a Jedi struggle running parallel with a large-scale battle (a fact I don't believe I need to back up with examples). SURELY, this episode shows the first battle(s) of the Clone Wars while our heroes track down the plot against Padme.

I just think it's very interesting that we haven't seen any battle scenes yet.

(Can't wait for the next trailer...)

11. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Did you see that arena they were in? :eek:

Betcha we are gonna see some fancy saber moves there! :D Not to mention all those clones.

Now, how am I ever going to get this paper done when my head is full of Star Wars? :p

12. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    We have to remember that there are likely giant chunks of this movie that are not yet finished. It's possible that if there are indeed large battles, the ILM work has not been done on them yet. The fact that the Coruscant chase scene looks done shows me that they must have done that early on.

I expect the next trailer to be centered on the love story with a few flashes here and there of action.

13. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    "...and, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but there's an obvious ABSENSE in the two trailers we've seen so far:

NO BATTLES.

I just think it's very interesting that we haven't seen any battle scenes yet."

And that's a good thing!!! I'm quite surprised that you want to see some battles in the trailer that could potentially spoil some things for you.

Take it from me, a spoiler head, that it'd be best if George saves some of this stuff for the movie. Even though I pretty much already know what happens (except for Force Lightening - when the hell did that happen?? :) ), and as much as I want to see the battles, there are a few things that'd I'd prefer to see for the first time in the movie itself. It'll just make them that much cooler for me (and even more cool for all of you!).

I gotta say, I admire the will of all you non-spoilees. I'm constantly going back and forth in my mind about how I'll be for Episode III. Although part of me (most parts of me) want to go your route, the spoilerhead in me probably won't let that happen. Oh well. :)

14. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    I am glad they didn't show any battles as of yet. Hopefully they won't do anything on the actual plot of AOTC until the last trailer (which I plan only to view in theatres in order to avoid watching the trailer frame by frame and analyzing everything to death!).

From the admittedly sparse amount of footage I have viewed, I must say this movie looks like it will be very entertaining! :)

(Of course, I am trying not to judge by the trailers- I looked forward to AI for months because of the trailer and I ended up hating it. May this not be one of those cases! ;) )

15. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    You think those are the clones? They look a little less humanoid (and more TPM concept art Neimodian) than the people marching up into those Star-Destroyer-like-ships in Breathing...

16. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I was being facitious about clones amingtheir rifles at our heroes, BTW.

17. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    hmmm...facitious....mmmmmmm

18. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I was wondering something... if you look on the official site, it keeps mentioning how late in the process the concept art for the Neimoidians was thrown out. So it's been reused now? Does this mean... organic droids? err the creators of them anyway?

19. Jedi_18

Jedi_18 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2001
    the trailer was the best. I dont now how to save it. Any help here would be great

20. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Jedi_18: We aren't allowed to post links or anything, the mods don't like it. ;)

21. Attack

Attack Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Jedi_18, check your private messages.

22. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    hey! I PM'd him!

23. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just saw "Mystery"... long live Google!! ;^)

Obviously we've all been burned before by movies which sport exciting/funny/dramatic trailers and then end up being utter crap. BUT... I think AOTC just might be the blast that it has the potential to be. Dig the SANDCRAWLER shot!! All kinds of great little moments in this trailer, definitely, and as I said when the Breathing trailer came out, if the script is worthy of the visuals, we're in for a treat.

I particularly like the fact that the humor in this seems more in line with what we saw in the OT. A major problem many people had with TPM was that the characters were for the most part flat and unengaging... I'm getting the feeling that Lucas may avoid that trap this time.

I think many of us have come upon the perfect phrase to describe the feeling after watching the Mystery trailer... "cautiously optimistic". ;^)

24. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Cautiously optimistic sums it up pretty well, PR.

My only concern is that with all these seemingly independent plot elements, will this film give its due coverage to the really important stuff?

It all seems a little thick right now.

25. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I hear ya, Darth Mouth. IMHO Lucas should take his cue from Harry Potter and release a 2 1/2 hour cut of AOTC in order to allow time for a lot of these scenes to develop. There does seem to be a lot of ground he's looking to cover (I'm counting what, five or six different planets that get visited in this thing? In two hours?) and the last thing we need is another SW film where most scenes are glossed over in the rush to cram it all into a two hour slot. A fine meal is far more enjoyable when you're not made to wolf it down like a hog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.