main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Mystery" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tropical_Plumber, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I didn't think it was a whale at all, just some sea-bird.

2. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    That was a whale. I couldn't see if the guy was on it or not, but the whale DID come out of water, and how likely is it there are two water planets in the same movie?

3. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    The trailer was amazing. It really got my heart going as everything zipped by. I am so excited for this movie. I like how much Padmé matured.

And did anyone else hear Mace Windu referring to Padmé as 'Senator'? :) Coool.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Speaking of Windu, I thought he was much more fluid this time around (he was like wood the last time around) with his lines. Much more believable.

Senator Naberrie and Senator Organa... runs in the family :).

5. MAROOTHDROOL

MAROOTHDROOL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    Where can I see the "mystery" trailer?

6. garygill123

garygill123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    HOW TO GET THE "MYSTERY" trailer downloaded to your pc

STEP #1
    go to musiccity.com and download the "morpheus" file sharing utility
    STEP #2
    Install said utility and look under video for "mystery" and several versions of it should pop up..try to download the avi. if possible..the quicktime just doesnt play well

and the trailer...

AWESOME....TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. garygill123

garygill123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    the force lighting could be coming from count dooku or whomever...and it would still make ROTJ end sequence that more memorable..cause he knows how his son feels

8. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Nobody has explained why they believe this to be Force lightning as of yet. It really could be anything.

...Although, I admit this is the most likely thing it is, since Anakin happens to be holding an ignited lightsaber in the scene.

9. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Here's a major problem with the trailer: it ruins all other movies for me!! As soon as I saw Breathing and now Mystery, all I can think about is Episode II. The only other movies I'm looking forward to is Harry Potter and LOTR. This happened to me in the months leading up to TPM. I'm a big movie fan, but every time I went to a movie during that period (with the exception of The Matrix) I found myself sitting in the theater and wishing that it was Episode I instead of the movie I was watching. I'm glad that LOTR and HP are coming out to destract me. Hopefully the Ep. II preview doesn't detract from my HP experience!

10. MAROOTHDROOL

MAROOTHDROOL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    THANKS GARYGILL123

11. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Harlowe: I know exactly how you feel. Although, I have been looking forward to the HP movie for quite some time as well. I am not so worried about enjoying the movie after the teaser as about getting through this week without going stark raving mad, and still completing all my schoolwork. It's gonna be rough!

12. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    "Nobody has explained why they believe this to be Force lightning as of yet. It really could be anything. "

Because we've see it before in another Star Wars movie. ;)

13. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    *rolls eyes*

That's sure a good explanation... ;)

14. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but during the scene with Padmé talking about hiding, isn't her hair and dress very similar to some concept art for TPM?

I might be imagining things here though, but I'll try and find a picture or something...

15. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Hey, you're right, Kaa!

I think they're going back to the TPM concept for some stuff for AOTC (Watto's hat).

16. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Those of you critquing Hayden's lines will be much happy come next week. That trailer has almost nothing but dialogue for about half of it. I stopped reading after that half because I wanted a few surprises for next week.

I want to hear some angry lines from Anakin.

--Joey

17. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    They are using a lot of concept art for the prequels. :)

In the scene where Padme is talking about how she doesn't like the idea of hiding, her hair reminds me an awful lot of a certain famous hairstyle on Princess Leia in ANH...

18. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    [image=http:\\www.vertain.demon.co.uk\logo\amidalaconcept.jpg]
    It's actually art for Padmé, but it's still nice to see it realised. :)

19. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    I wasn't saying it wasn't concept art, I was just mentioning it reminded me of Leia's cinnamon buns. :)

I wonder if the concept art was based on that hairstyle?

20. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    THX_Princess, I wasn't shooting your idea down about Leias hair, I was correcting myself for saying it was art for Amidala, when it was art for Padmé :)

I think you're right though, that the design in the concept art came from Leias senatorial look.

21. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Oh! Well, that makes sense. :)

I am really curious, how are you making the accented "e" in Padme?

22. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    To the right of the spacebar there's a key marked Alt Gr. If you hold that down whilst pressing e, you get the é.

There's another way with the Num pad or something, but I don't know it...

EDIT: wishful thinking?
    [image=http:\\www.vertain.demon.co.uk\logo\thefettmobile.jpg]

23. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    You can also add a french keyboard to your computer (I assume you are using Windows?).

Control panel, keyboard, add language.

Then you just alt+shift through the languages. Which is what I do when I go to the Nordic countries messageboard here to make ø,æ,å.

I think it is easier than learning the numeric codes.

--Joey

24. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Yeah! Æ Ø Å

25. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    ALT 0233 to get the é.

Since I went ahead and delurked, I guess I should add my two credits on the teaser. Spent a few hours hunting for it, but felt it was worth the effort. I can't believe we've seen two teasers in as many weeks, yet I still don't feel spoiled. I loved both Breathing and Mystery, and am eagerly looking forward to number three.

I don't recall anyone else commenting on this, but did anyone think Obi-Wan's voice sounded different in this one? To me it sounds more like Ewan and less like the Alec accent he perfected in Episode I. I was just curious if I was imagining it.

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the peppy handmaiden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.