main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Mystery" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tropical_Plumber, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Do you want a hint? :D

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Has anyone conviced themselves that they've figured out plot points (however slight) in the film, through honest, non-spoiler discussion?

I think I've figured out something. :)

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I don't think anyone has pointed this out, so...

When we see the Slave 1 the second time in the trailer, at about 1:02, watch it frame-by-frame. You clearly see TWO people in the cockpit. I have an idea of who they are, but I'll leave it to someone else to make the connection to a certain Select.

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    We suspect who they are, but I don't think anyone saw them in the trailer as you've pointed out. :)

5. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    They are there, aren't they, Pozzi?

Well, on to my next bug announcment:

Has anyone noticed that we can see the shot at 0:44 in the trailer being filmed in the Making of Episode II documentary Trying To Do My Thing? It's at 3:19. Very cool! They almost did the same cut, and you can see the camera moving just like we see in the trailer!

6. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I agree about the Fett thing:
    [image=http://www.vertain.demon.co.uk/logo/thefettmobile.jpg]

and the MO4 shot:

[image=http:\\www.vertain.demon.co.uk/logo/anakinspeed.jpg]

Well spotted!

7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    That's why they call me 'Eagle Eye' ;)

8. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
  9. Jedi David

Jedi David Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2000
    So at the part where Anakin is being blasted by the lightning, it brings new meaning to the look that vader gives luke in RoTJ. It makes him seem that he was sympathetic to luke because he had gone through the same thing.

By the way I didnt bother to read all nine pages of this thread, but there were people on the first page whining about not being able to see the trailer due to a lack of a DVD Rom. all you have to do is download Morpheus from musiccity.com and you can download it from there.

10. the_educator

the_educator Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2001
    I am here sat with my dvd in the drive and logged on to the dvd star wars site as stated on the web site. I see nothing of a new trailer!!! I have come to this site for help and support but i am just teased by everyone raving about it. Why can't i see it - i have dvd2 in the rom drive and i am waiting

Please help me anyone

11. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
  12. AurraJade

AurraJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2000
    Well, I don't know much about the dvd-rom, since I don't have the dvd, but you can always go here to get the trailer.

EDIT (Mr. P): No links!

13. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    THEY HAVE YET TO DELIVER A YODA AT ALL, you nitwit. a second of walking away from camera in tpm doesn't count."

thetruemolerocket,

Oh I see. So ILM has not delivered a Yoda at all. That's one great freakin' argument.

I see the error of my ways. I was totally wrong. Yoda looks great. He's the best freakin' CG character ever...even though ILM has not even really done a CG Yoda yet.

Hmm, the CG Yoda scene in TPM was far too short to count for anything. Tell the poor schlump who had to DO that scene that his/her work doesn't count!

If you're going to call someone a "nitwit" at least make the smallest of attempts to prove in your own argument that you are NOT ONE YOURSELF.

14. theTrueMolerocket

theTrueMolerocket Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    yeah i want a hint.

15. theTrueMolerocket

theTrueMolerocket Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    I didn't say he looks great. I said he looks fine.

Yoda walking away from the camera for a second is hard work--I know this because I'm into visual effects myself--but is no grounds for judgments on his character/personality, which is what you were attacking.

My point was merely that the few seconds of CG yoda we've seen is a fairly negligible, not to say ridiculous, cause for you and others to bandy about allegations that the film is doomed, that Yoda will be awful, that he has no personality, etc.

I'm trying to defend the work of the very CG artists you seem to care so much about. Read my lips: IT IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION. (And with GL, even the movies are not the final version). Even if it was, a few seconds are NO basis for judgment.

I don't know how to be any more clear or emphatic about this. Did it hurt when I called you a nitwit? I'm sorry then. But things don't hurt unless there's a grain of truth to them.

As to the implication that I am a nitwit myself, I believe I've shown some degree of intelligence, ability, and articulation here. I can't resist a comparison with your previous post, in which you flew blatantly from one end of the spectrum to the other (yoda being the 'best freaking cg character ever') in a childish attempt to twist my words.

I am not worried about Yoda at all.

16. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Yaaaaawn, CGI Yoda this, CGI Yoda that.

Isn't there like 1 or 2 threads already for this ?

Yoda looks great, if he looks odd it's because finally his lips are moving according to the words he's speaking.

As for the "clothing" bouncing all over the place, I don't see that, as it's pretty natural for robes to move a bit when you walk.

Yes, there are things from this scene (when he's walking) that need to be fixed (colors seem a bit odd in some areas), but overall it looks great.

Long live CGI Yoda ! Death to the puppet impostor with an arm up his Yoda ass !

17. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I was watching the hi-res trailer again and I was pausing it at certain points to get better details. I stopped right over Obi-Wan in his bar scene. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who it is, but if you're intrested and have the low-res and its too hard to see, PM me.

EDIT: I have a sentence problem. What all that means is, I know who Obi-Wan was fighting. :p

18. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    "great" "fine" Semantics.

You approve of the shot then? I say it can be improved and have detailed in what way.

I DID NOT say that it would make or break the movie. Just pointed out my own observation. I DID NOT say that Yoda would be awful. I said that there was something not quite right with THAT ONE SHOT. You're adding all of the other Yoda comments to mine.

So no one can make any judgments until Lucas releases the Ultra-Special-Edition of AOTC in 2015?

Just take my comments as they were made. I commented on how Yoda's clothes were odd in that 2 second shot. Stop reading the doom of all of Star Wars into my statements or taking some personal afront to them.

And yes, your nitwit comment was absolutely devastating. If you look hard enough, you'll see one tear trailing down Plo's cheek.

As for flying from end of the spectrum to the other...its called sarcasm...as is my comment above.

If a person has to resort to personal statements to make their argument look valid, their argument is probably weak.

Others, like THX, were perfectly capable of responding based on what I said and that's all. It would have been nice if you did the same. Now the conversation spirals into the sort that no one really benefits from.

19. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Molerocket, here's your hint: The person who said it is a tailor on a spacestation. ;)

Qey: Thank you for your complement! [face_blush]

I think I will sit this argument out though, and try to withhold judgement about the CG Yoda until the film is released. Although, it is going to take some getting used to to see his lips move precisely to the words...

20. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Seems like CGI Yoda is fueling a lot of angry discussion here, LOL. I wonder what Master Yoda would say about this.

21. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    "Dangerous and disturbing this discussion is."

;)

22. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Yeah seriously.....this is a stupid argument.....take it over to the Yoda thread.

23. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    LOL THX...

Anyway, I think Yoda looked great. His robes moved just like they would(should). Bye bye thick clothing of TPM!

24. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Yes, all the CG clothing in TPM was leather-like stuff, wasn't it?

Okay, new topic: I noticed in the last part of the trailer, both Obi-Wan and Padme are already tied up, yet Anakin isn't. Then it occured to me that the ugly alien right next to him could be tying him as well. If that is the case, why is Anakin just letting him do it? Whatcha think? :)

25. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Well, it could be the 200 clones aiming their rifles at him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.