FF:NZ Mythology of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Norrad_Roff, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Doco on TV3 Saturday arvo (2pm)

Basically a "60 minutes" type interview with GL. Gave a good insight to the way GL wanted to "re-tell" ancient myths for a new generation. Damn good watching. Once again I taped it for posterity.

Anyone see it? Thoughts?

2. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thought it was a great programme.
    Worth a watch pity it was on at 2 in the afternoon

liked it as it showed us more of what GL was/is trying to do with Star Wars and his other movies.
  3. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed it, actually I forgot all about it.
  4. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems like quite a few people may have missed it. Shame, because it was really good. George described the Jedi as 'intergalactic therapists' - lol.

Some of the best quotes were about the father/son motif:

Bill: I've had psychotherapists tell me that they use Star Wars to deal with the problems of their child patients, and they've said that the most popular character among the children is Darth Vader.

George: Well. Children love power, because children are the powerless, so their fantasies all centre of having power, and who's more powerful than Darth Vader? Some will be attracted to Luke Skywalker because he's the good guy, but ultimately we all know that Darth Vader is more powerful than he is. And as time goes on you'll discover that he is more powerful, because he's the ultimate father, who is all powerful.

[after they show the Vader death scene]

Bill: I'm not a psychologist, I'm just a journalist, but it does seem to me that the scenes of Luke and his father . . . there's something of George Lucas in there, some memory trace there.

George: Oh yeah. No matter how you write, you write about your own emotions and feelings.
  5. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really enjoyed it
    should have put a video in thou.
  6. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm HOPING my brother remembered to record both documentaries - I did ask him to.

Seems like quite a few people missed this Mythology one for one reason or another. I only managed to half-watch/listen to it while trying hard to get my crashed email program working again. :(

If my brother has taped them maybe I should start up a small business making copies for all those who missed this Mythology one. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.