main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

N.S.C. Event, a real success.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    A great time was had by all, we met loads of people most of whom have as much enthusiasm for Star Wars as we do.

Thanks must go out to Simon, the guys and gals from the UK-G, all the staff at the NSC who worked very hard to make the event a success, BIG UP to Phill, Mark, Mika, Little Dave, Big Dave, Ang and the Wizlets.

For those that are interested some photo's will be up soon I'm sure and we may have some things to talk about in the near future. In short it was a really great experience, oh and if anyone who met us at that event is reading this - Welcome to the forums, it was a pleasure to meet you.

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    another truly great day for the FF-UK and particularly the FF-UK:M. the table got a lot of interest and hopefully we will see an influx of new members to the whole of the FF-UK :) .

awesome once again to spend quality time in quality company.

sorry you couldn't make it V. i hope you have a great party. :D

3. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    thanks for a great day guys and everyone else who took part.

i was literally the last one to leave because me parents got lost. leicesters wierd at night u know. standing on a curve with a lightsaber lol.

i look forward to seeing pictures and might post a few as well depending on what arrives before i do.

*by the way did we ever get any money form Janco Toys for helping with business? lol*

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Evening, gang.

Yes, I just want to share the sentiments of the above and say that yesterday was a huge success for us - especially since it was only the second time we had a table. Thanks to everyone for turning up, even though I only saw people pretty much flitting back and forth all morning! :p

Firstly, thanks must go out to Simon, the UKG, and the NSC for allowing us to hold a table at the event. Things were going better than expected, and we had a lot of people coming to see us. In fact, we nearly ran out of business cards by lunchtime. With any luck, we will be seeing a few new members in the group. :)

Secondly, major kudos to Tamika and lil Dave for being real troopers throughout the entire day. They had to put up with us coming and going all day, and did it brilliantly without complaining.

Finally, thanks to everyone else involved for coming down.

5. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    I just like to say i had a great day and i did manage to sort things out on my own when everyone went off for a few minutes. Well done to little Dave as he gave out good information about the lightsabers and other things that i cannot remember. My back was aching all day but i got use to it in the end.
    Martin, your crusing for a bruzing because you were picking on me all day.
    Thanks for Big Dave, Ang and there kids for turning up, i think they enjoyed the day, also well done for Mark and Phil for putting up the stall and putting up with us crazy lot.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    possibly my favorite pic of the kids

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Fan%20Force%20Meets/DSCF1176.jpg]

3/4 of clan Wiz, only myself and Lady-Wiz missing

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Fan%20Force%20Meets/DSCF1149.jpg]

:)

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i think mark should be along soon to add some pictures.

how did it go yesterday guys?

8. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm soooo P'd I missed it but really it wasnt fair to leave Nige to do all the work and run a round the shops, especially as he doesnt know where they are! Glad it was such a success .

9. trinitytrashuk

trinitytrashuk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    We had a fantastic weekend and hope the buzz will keep going until next year (when we do it all over again).

I was suprissed not to see you guys on the Sunday... we had more visitors on that day, but the Saturday was good.

I was also impressed with the mix of true fans and families just after a day out (and no queue this time!)

We do have one little problem though I'm afraid...

From NSC part I have to say that we are still looking into the issue of non-payment by visitors to the centre.

We caught many people using the back stairs from Boosters to the Rocket Tower on the day without tickets.

The report I have recieved from Security is that one person caught said he was a guest of FF Midlands.

Can I just put out a general question to ask if you can shed any light on this, before we do go all heavy and ban people (not our normal way of doing business - honest)

Many thanks
    Malika - Communications Manager NSC

10. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    it wasn't anybody from clan Wiz, we all had (family) tickets, and kept them on us all day. i still have them if anyone wants a scan for proof.

11. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Actually Malika
    i can vouch for the wiz clan and Tay-mar as i saw them in the queue and chatted to them all saturday morning.

this is very sad and its also an issue that i need to address with the UKG too

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    As far as I know, the only member of the FF-UK Midlands who attended without a ticket was me, because apart from meeting Simon first thing that morning, and coming outside during the day, I spent the entire time at the table. I was under the impression from Simon that I was on the guest list for this, however if that information is incorrect I am more than happy to pay.

I know both Mark and Tamika bought tickets, the whole of Clan-Wiz and Tay-Mar, and little Dave posted on the thread indicating he had purchased his ticket, which was the complete attendance on behalf of the FF-UK Midlands group.

I never met anyone from Security throughout the day, and definitely never took the stairs between Boosters and the Rocket Tower, unfortunately I got to see none of the great day that day :(

I too am deeply upset that someone would use our name to make that claim.

With regards to not being there on Sunday, Mark had made it clear to Simon that we would only be able to attend on the Saturday due to previous commitments on the Sunday. It is regretable that we couldn't be there, because the Saturday was an awesome experience and I'm sure the Sunday was as successful.

13. samildanach

samildanach Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    hi guys and gals

glad to finally make it onto ff-eastmidlands
    glad to meet some of u at nsc
    and look foward to seeing you all soon

14. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    welcome samildanach, make yourself at home :)

15. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Where's the thread gone about rebeljediknight_88 breaking the rules etc by some other TK user name? Persoanlly I thought the banning for life bit was abit harsh as he's only a kid.

16. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Malika, thanks for bringing the incident to our attention, I don't think that it wasn't one of our 'Official' members as we all had tickets, can I ask if this was on the Saturday or Sunday ? Things like this really take the shine off what was a wonderful event and on behalf of the FF-UK:M I will assure you that steps will be taken not to allow this kind of thing to happen again.

As I've said in the first post we'd like to thank all of the staff at the N.S.C. who worked very hard to make the day a success, Thank you and the rest of the staff.

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    its wasnt me!!! i collected my ticket from the pre-booking table.

what thread about banning me??

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    David, i am sure that the whole thing has been a misunderstanding ;)

Phill, what are the chances of removing the last 5 posts?

19. trinitytrashuk

trinitytrashuk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    OK, this is all getting out of hand.

There was no accusation here, I only have a Security report and the question came about as they mentioned they were your guests.

I have a description of the person, but I need to speak to the Security Guard in question before I say any more (they are taking time off to recover from the weekend - I know how they feel, it was all a bit busy... not that I'm complaining!)

To be honest, I think we should drop the whole thing, like I said originally lots of people were doing it and it is an issue for us to deal with internally.

I only asked for some clarity on the situation.

Can we close this thread please and continue with the nice relationship we were building.

To all the new people just joining, this must look really bad!

M

20. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    unless he talked to a jedi it wasnt me.

anyway. mark have you got those wonderful picture to show us yet?

21. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
  22. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
  23. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Sorry to hear bout the little problem we seem to have had at this meet...hope its all ok now though! Really seems judging from Marks pics that I really did miss an incredible day!:_|

24. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    any more news on this, and any possible repurcussions?

25. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    anybody? Mark? why the deathly silence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.