1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC n00b here.......well in the Aussie boards at least......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    OK, I've been a JC member for a while, I'm a Dark Lady of the JC and a squadron Commander in New Jedi Order Fan Club so I have earned a few things...but I've often wondered, why isn't there a South Australian group here as I know lots of SW fans here, and many of them post at the JC......so, maybe if I'm lucky I won't get bashed too much here as I was born in St. Kilda and moved to Adelaide as a child. :p

2. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    Geez, where to begin.

Firstly, you've probably ventured to the wrong forum to be asking coherent questions that require answers but I'll attempt my best.

why isn't there a South Australian group here as I know lots of SW fans here, and many of them post at the JC
    Obviously because South Australia is a hole (no offence intended). In fact it is so dispised that the big men in their basements won't open up a forum for it. The answer they'd like you to believe however, is that you need 3 or 4 constant posting members (am I right here Pot, Shara, Hawk?) and then you have to request one for them to consider it... or something laong those lines.

Secondly, shame on you for deserting the glorious Victoria for the self-rightous South Australia! Come back and we'll give you lots of candy and milk :D

So anyway, if you're a Vic at heart feel free to stick around; you seem to posses an imagination... it's a pre-req if you wanna keep your sanity around this place.

Welcome :)
  3. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Get three members together (yourself included), have three meets, and if you're still crazy enough to think it's a good idea then you can get in contact with Shara_82 and she'll give you a forum. FF is about actual real life contact with other human beings (as opposed to the JC, which is about hitting on anything vaguely female (if you're a male) and bitching about how you haven't found love yet at the ripe old age of 14 (if you're female)), so the idea is that you actually see the other members of your chapter on a reasonably regular basis. When Shara drops in, I'm sure she fill in any gaps that I've missed.
  5. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Wow, you guys actually exist in real life? And here I thought you were all some myriad of multifaceted confusion, expressing yourself in a variety of milk and football related ways!

*waves to Adalia* Hello dear! Nice to see you here as well as on the JCC (hive of catastrophe that it is :p) Hang around and make it easier for me..I feel so out numbered here!

When they say "join the confusion" I think it translates as something more like "Behold our randomness and brilliance!" combined with "Worship Thy Huggard Daily!"

What ever that means...

I'm sure I'll be beaten just for posting this :p

6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    we meet in real life? wow.
  7. Chrissie Jedi Padawan

Wow, I've only been lurking here a few weeks and there's already a newbie to take my place!

Welcome! :)

...and bitching about how you haven't found love yet at the ripe old age of 14 (if you're female)

Im 19 and I still haven't found the floor of my room under all that junk let alone love :(

Sorry. I'll go back to lurking now ...
  8. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    last i looked my bedroom was covered in philosophy homework with the occasional musical instrument scattered on top.

Actually, i seriously have a problem with instruments. At last count i had about 11 in my room....
  9. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    At least you're not incessantly complaining about it. Go into JCC, it's good for a laugh and a bit of an ego boost.
  10. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    and do not forget the pie
  11. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [olor=green]I'M THE ONE WITH THE PINK UNDIES AND BROOM!!!

ROAR1!1!!! [/color]
  12. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    go back to loving delta, mark-up boy.
  13. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Delta Poussis lol lol lol :D :p :)
  14. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    See what I mean Adalia? :p
  15. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
  16. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Obviously because South Australia is a hole (no offence intended). In fact it is so dispised that the big men in their basements won't open up a forum for it.

You know I take offence to that JMDeven if you intended none....I expected a bit of interstate bashing but that was down right low......maybe I need not bother...at least the US don't insult my intelligence.....I've lived her for 30 years now....am South Aussie now...sorry.

I do know two other JCers who live here.....so might talk to them and see what happens....but apparently my home makes me out of your league...and if it's that anti SA, I guess I can stay away and live without the grief..... shudders Didn't think the rivalry was that acid.....I guess I was wrong... :(
  17. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You are most welcome by my standards
  18. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
  19. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah and we are in mating season!
  20. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Thanks HawkNC, I've made some enquiries....and I may be able to get a Fan Force in SA I think...I know a few JCers who live here and I meet with around 12 or more on a regular basis....been organising these guys for 2 years now....
  21. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    My screwed up sense of humour gets the better of me sometimes. Sorry.

Seriously though, if you do stick around (and I hope you do) you'll see that we are all loving and caring deep down (yes, even me), but we just have an interesting way of expressing it. You'll see our regulars are the 'pick' of the Victorian crop who's discussions focus on anything but Star Wars.

Once again sorry... I'll be in the corner quietly sobbing now.
  22. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You know I take offence to that JMDeven if you intended none....I expected a bit of interstate bashing but that was down right low......maybe I need not bother...at least the US don't insult my intelligence.....I've lived her for 30 years now....am South Aussie now...sorry.

I do know two other JCers who live here.....so might talk to them and see what happens....but apparently my home makes me out of your league...and if it's that anti SA, I guess I can stay away and live without the grief..... shudders Didn't think the rivalry was that acid.....I guess I was wrong...

Don't get your knickers in a knot. You're a croweater, it's only natural that we Vics get stuck in. Back in the good ol' state of origin rivalry stuff, doin' it for Ted Whitten. Nothing personal, so don't have a sook. To be frank, we love you lot better then the bloody sydneysiders or brisbanites...stuck up tourist hell holes...
  23. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yes PoT for Teddy boy and Whitlam!!
  24. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Yeah, don't let these guys scare you...they may be as random as hell sometimes, but they are funny. Although they are startling evidence for the need to have a sarcasm indicator built into your computer. :p

That said...the Cats will own Essendon this weekend.

Booyah, Gentlemen.
  25. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You want to fight about it "alleged" pulsar skate?

10 bucks on Mixo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.