main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Naboo or Tatooine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Naboo1, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    Which planet is the most important in the SW galaxy?

Naboo - it's where everything began. The mother of Luke and Leia is from here. Palpatine is allegedly from Naboo. One of the first major Jedi battles since the ones from the past begin here. The Jedi duel with the Sith for the first time in a millenia here.

Tatooine - Luke is raised here. Obi-Wan hides out here and spies on Luke. Luke and Obi-Wan meet Han Solo and Chewie here. Anakin is from here. He wins his freedom from here. Luke and Leia's grandmother and Luke's Uncle and Aunt is from here. As is most of Luke's friends.

2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Tatooine. I think Naboo is beautiful, but Tatooine is in almost every movie in the Saga. I'd rather live on Naboo, though. I'd just make sure I didn't go swimming. They got some BIIIIGGGG fish there, complete with huge o' teeth!

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Tatooine is the 'quest planet' or whatever Campbell calls it. It's the real hub of Star Wars.

4. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    uhh Anakin is from Tatooine too, how could you forget that :p Darth Vader is from Tatooine!!

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Tatooine. It's like the freaking crossroads of the galaxy or something.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    IF you know one planet in SW it is Tatooine. The only film the planet is not in is TESB. IT is by far the most important.

But if I lived anywhere in SW universe I would get a nice home in Naboo.

7. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    Tatooine, no question.
    It should also be noted that Jabba's pressence also played a major factor, the $$$ Han owes, the rescue mission, etc.
    If I could, I'd get a nice condo in upper Courascant, Naboo's too rustic for me.
    Bright Lights, Big City!

8. Ein_Miu_Core

Ein_Miu_Core Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    Tatooine is most definately the most important planet, everything that happens there in the movie is basically vital. Naboo was more important I think in Phantom Menace but over, tatooine is, thats where Anikan was born, where his mother dies, where Luke was raised, ect, ect.

What I think is kind of humorous is the way Vader describes Tatooine in Star Wars the book, lol. The way he talks about it is as if it really had nothing to do with him, thats what I got, but thats probably before Mr. Lucas thought up the whole plot at that time, its still somewhat humorous though...

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Tatooine for sure.

However, Ein you must remember in Vader's mind Tatooine didn't have anything to do with him just as the name Anakin Skywalker had no meaning for him.

10. Ein_Miu_Core

Feb 20, 2004
    very very true :)

11. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    If Palpatine is from Naboo (which I'd like him to be), then it is the most important planet in the saga, even though it isn't even mentioned or seen in the OT.

12. Ein_Miu_Core

Feb 20, 2004
    Thats true, and he should be from naboo, being he was there senator, I cant see him being from somewhere els hehe :)

13. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    But you must ask yourself who is more important Anakin or Palpatine. The Creator or the Creation? Anakin is the one who brings the force into balance. Palpatine is the one who starts it all and keeps it all going.

So Naboo or Tatooine is really a question of Anakin or Palpatine.......

Seldon

14. jediknight_2033

jediknight_2033 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2002
    Tatooine is more important considering it gets more screen time in the movies and is the home of the Skywalkers. I mean, Tatooine is after all the birthplace of "The Chosen One".

15. Snakula

Snakula Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    Bespin....Think about it.

16. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Bah Corellia is more important than either Tatooine or Naboo. It's were Han Solo is from. He is the hero after all.
    :D

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Neither. Coruscant is the most important planet in the galaxy, because imagine what would have happened if somebody dropped a bomb on the senate when Palpatine was in it. ;)

What? I have to choose between Tatooine and Naboo?

Well, it depends on what happens in EpIII. If it turns out that Amidala is the reason for Anakin's downfall, then Naboo is more important, because Anakin wouldn't have turned without Amidala and OT would never have taken place (we're, of course, looking strictly at what has happened - not what could happen). If Amidala doesn't turn out to play such an important role in Anakin's turning, then Tatooine is more important because, because Anakin was born there!

And appleseed, the big fish with huge teeth are in the deep core, which probably is too deep to swim in any way. 8-}

-Aunecah

18. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    Tatooine is overrated, IMHO. [face_plain]

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.