main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Naboo Rain - A/P, O-W, Dooku - (Complete) Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Reihla, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I am so not ignoring you leia_n! Check out those posting times. I mean, you posted one minute before my reply hit. ;) Due to very unusual circumstance I didn't go back and proof my reply last night, so I must've just missed you :( I'm Sorry! I would never ignore you :D

Thanks, BTW, on the congratulations! I never expected that story to do well (Kira is an OC from my teenage writing years), but I'm thrilled that it did.
    Besides getting nifty colors for a few days, writing that got me over to the Before Saga board - a place I'd been meaning to go anyway. There's some great stuff over there. :)

edit: Wow! I just saw this thread has 400 posts!

2. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Only one more to go :(?

Another great chapter, so emotional and bittersweet. I can definitely believe Padmé would have those thoughts or say those things to Anakin, and Anakin's response was very true to his character.

Simply put, Anakin was her past, present and future, all neatly wrapped in one beautiful Jedi package.

[face_love]

--MissPadme

3. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    :_| :_| :_|

that was nothing short of amazing! Ive lurked for the last few chapters, but ive read them nonetheless, and they were beautiful! I could easily see natalie and hayden and ewan doing this in a scene, i could visualize it so well. the knighting ceremony (especialy when anakin was hesitant about the braid) made me cry.. so touching. you characterized the characters perfectly. wow.

4. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Oh wow. I had replies I didn't answer! You all must've snuck in when I wasn't looking. ;) Thanks, MissPadme and darththunderbird for reading and responding.

Now, I guess it's time for the last post. I'm almost kinda sad to see it finished. Almost :)

My thanks to everyone who came and read, especially to those who let me know how they felt the story was going. Your continual feedback was very important to me - especially when I just didn't feel like writing. Your input was critical and I really do owe the fact that this is a finished work (my first of any length) to each and every one of you! Thanks for inspiring me. :D

- Reih

5. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Part 29

Anakin had just come out of hyperspace near Coruscant when the com light flashed on his display panel. It read out as an encoded communication?from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?s private frequency. Checking his chrono, he discovered that it was mid-morning on Coruscant. Strange. By all rights the Chancellor should?ve been in session on the Senate Floor. Pressing the reply key on his access panel he answered with enthusiasm.

?Good morning, Your Excellency. What can I do for you??

Static crackled a moment before the Chancellor?s voice came through. ?Welcome back Anakin! I wanted to be among the first to congratulate you on your elevation to Knighthood!? Anakin smiled at the approval in Palpatine?s voice. ?I know you?ve waited a long time to see this day, and so have I.?

Anakin recalled that the Chancellor had taken an interest in him since the day they met so long ago on Naboo - the same day he?d become a Jedi padawan. Since then, the galactic leader had been a constant and loyal presence, always offering wise counsel or a pat on the back. It seemed, Anakin thought, that his advice never contributed to the emotional turmoil he so often labored under. On the contrary, Palpatine could help him put things in perspective like no one else. Their talks brought a welcome peace that was almost meditative. As fleeting as moments of true peace were, Anakin had come to cherish any that came his way. Thus, Palpatine?s friendship was likewise cherished.

?Thank you, Chancellor. Your support has meant so much to me over the years. I don?t think I could?ve done it without you.?

?Nonsense, my friend.? The Chancellor replied, ?The strength to become a Jedi has always been within you. I never doubted that.? Static crackled again before the channel cleared. ?I?m so terribly sorry about the devastation on Naboo. It was a relief to hear that both the Queen and the Senator are well - thanks to your intervention. There aren?t words to express my gratitude for your efforts on behalf of my homeworld.?

?I think of it as my home now too.? Anakin alluded to his marriage, an event of which the Chancellor was well aware. ?Yet another thing we have in common.?

?Who could have known when we made arrangements for your trip that you would be needed so desperately?? Palpatine?s question was gently spoken and, though rhetorical, Anakin nodded in silent agreement. Considering the severity of the attack and Count Dooku?s presence, the timing of his visit had been nothing short of fortuitous.

?Well, enough of that.? Palpatine redirected the conversation, his tone bland. ?It just goes to show that even unfortunate circumstances have their uses.? His voice brightened considerably. ?Your promotion to Jedi Knight, for example. It could not have come at a better time, but what a shame that it took such a great tragedy to prove your worth to the Jedi Order.? The Chancellor cleared his throat before continuing, ?Speaking of the war, I have a few ideas that may turn the tide in our favor. Perhaps the two of us can sit down together and discuss them.? Palpatine?s tone turned gravely serious. ?I believe there is a way to end this conflict, Anakin, a way to bring order and control to the galaxy. I?m curious to find out if you agree.?

In light of the promise he?d made to Padmé only hours ago, Anakin felt certain he would concur no matter what the plan entailed. If anyone could propose an idea to end the chaos rampant throughout the galaxy, it would be Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Even more unbelievable was that this man ? a leader respected throughout the galaxy ? wanted his input! His resolve strengthened to give his full support in the days ahead.

?I can come to your office this afternoon,? he replied, ?if that works for you.?

?Perfect, my boy. I?ll see you then.? The com went silent as Anakin punched in the landing coordinates for the Jedi Temple.

----

A figure robed in black made his way purposefully towards the room at the end of the empty medical wing cor

6. DarthYong789

DarthYong789 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2003
    Nice ending. To bad Palpatine and the Count has to make Anakin fall. anyways really like your story and will look forward to the ones you make in the future :D

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It's over? Say it isn't so! Come on Anakin! Kick Palpy's butt and tell him NO MEANS NO! Great story, but I wish Anakin would behave himself. Sigh... I really like the way you developed the relationship between Padme and Anakin, it was so touching to see how much those two love each other. Nothing can possibly go wrong, right?

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    *shudder*

Man, they creep me out.

:D WONDERFUL STORY Reihla!!! :D

And congrats to ending your first full length story... it won't be your last ;)

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I suppose it was too much to hope for ending the story with a happy A/P moment? :(

Great job with Palpatine. It?s easy to see why with this kind of advice and counsel, compared to the Jedi?s rules and lectures, Anakin has grown to trust him so much.

Anakin alluded to his marriage, an event of which the Chancellor was well aware.
    Idiot.

?Who could have known when we made arrangements for your trip that you would be needed so desperately??
    Nothing to say but :mad: :mad:

In other words ? well done. ;)

In light of the promise he?d made to Padmé only hours ago, Anakin felt certain he would concur no matter what the plan entailed.
    Great. [face_plain] Left your conscience behind with your wife?

?Are you certain he should be turned?? Tyranus was hesitant. ?Perhaps destroying him would be the safer alternative.?
    Loved the inversion of ESB! :D

?It is not for you to question my decisions, Lord Tyranus.? The reply was laced with steel.
    Especially in the contrast to the next line ? because whereas Sidious is dismissive of Tyranus here, he actually seems to listen to Vader in ESB. Neat. :)

And of course, a big CONGRATS on finishing the story! I?ve really enjoyed it (can you tell?) and I?ll miss having it to look forward to. Hope to see more from you soon.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I have been totally enthralled with this story!! Are you sure you aren't a copyrighted author in disguised? Or have access to GL's script? ;) J/k!!
    Totally was enjoyable! I'm a Dooku fan and your character detailing was excellent! Especially his jibes and swordfighting!!
    And the interaction between Obi and Anakin was concrete! So exquisite it was breath taking!! :D Perhaps we'll see a little of this pisazz in Ep III.
    Great work! Pat yourself a thousand times on the back!

11. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Awesome ending as well as a wonderful story. Your description and writing of the A/A scenes was especially terrific!

Hope to see more soon!

JS

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    In the light of day and next to his own considerable height Sidious?s cloaked form seemed far less menacing ? almost frail. He almost laughed aloud at the fallacy of that illusion. <---Wonderful take on how deceptive Sidious, and the darkside in general, is.

Your story has been a pleasure to read,Reihla, and I certainly hope to see more, much more, of your work in the future. In case I failed to mention it before your handling of Ani and Padme was amazing. :)

One of the things I didn't comment on much, was the imagery and technical aspects of this story. In a word...Wow! From your descriptions of Anakin's fighter early on, to the hanger and reactor core, and on to the duel with Dooku- breathtaking. You really put your readers in the scenes, and it's much appreciated.

Among other things I enjoyed immensely were the following.

Mace and Anakin's discussion about sending troops to Naboo.

All of the A/P scenes period, including the lovely PM version. ;)

Obi-Wan's arrival on Naboo, and subsequent interaction with Anakin.

The inclusion of Sabe and her interactions with Obi-Wan. BTW: This piece inspired me, but you'll have to wait a while to find out what I did about it. ;)

The Anakin, Padme, Sabe banter- too funny.

Your portrayal of Dooku, and Anakin's thought process during their duel. <--A big help in writing my OC duel.

OK, I'm sure there are a ton of things I'm forgetting, but that's what pops into my mind at the moment. Congradulations on completing this remarkable story, you should be very proud of it. :)

JD.

13. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    wow. i have to say what everyone else has been saying... Great Story Reihla!

From beginning to end, i have enjoyed every part of this story. The character interactions were great, and the writing style was very crisp and very clear. The fic finished on a nice closing note, leaving the door open for the events of Ep III to occur. I certainly look forward to whatever new fics you have coming, Reihla

14. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Thanks DarthYong789, see ya ?round the boards!

VaderLVR64 - Nothing can possibly go wrong, right?

To paraphrase Qui-Gon Jinn: How I wish that were true. :(

Kynstar Copyrighted? Hardly. Those guys finish stuff all the time! Thank you, though. It was very nice of you to say that :D

Thanks Rebel, Lex, Jazz & JD! You guys have been around since the start and I really appreciate you sticking with me to the end! Your comments have always been insightful and have kept me on track.

BTW, JDH3, it is interesting to know that I inspired Sabé/Obi-Wan stuff. Kinda cool, considering I?ve never linked them romantically before. You?d laugh if you knew how close she came to not being included. Makes me glad I gave her some screen time :) I?ll keep my eyes open to see how you used them?

Vivid_Scripts ? Leaving the door open for Ep III was always my intention. I confess, though, it was tempting a few times to go off in my own little world and disregard canon stuff. I guess May 2005 will tell how plausible NR is or if it will become AU (most likely). Either way I?m happy. Thank you for reading and for your replies!

15. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    whats this doing on page 3?

up 2 top!

16. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    And so it ends. :( Not with a bang but with an ominous echo. :)

That was a Hell of an epilogue. It answered an earlier question of mine - whether Dooku trying to recruting Anakin was a personal agenda or an assignment from Sidious.

One thing can be said for the Senator: alive or dead, she has always had her uses.

Gawds! I almost put my arm through the monitor to smack the old geezer! :mad:

There are so many great details in this work: the deceptive frailness of Palpatine; Dooku's calm acceptance of the prosthetic limb; Anakin's idiocy for confiding in the Sith; like Lex I also noted the reverse repetition of the conversation in ESB... If I had to copy and paste and comment on every good thing in this chapter, I'd copy and paste the chapter in its entirety! [face_laugh]

Congratulations on completing a full-length story and thank you for a great read, Reihla. :) Hope to see more of you in the future... :cool:

17. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    *out of breath* I'm here! ;)

So sad to see it ending... Hope you're going to come up with a story like that soon! :)

That's official. I HATE PALPATINE... :mad: It always sets me off to see Anakin so naive... Argh. And to think I wanted Palps down the shaft in ROTJ before that! ;)

Keep up the great work, Reihla ! That was an awesome read...

18. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    leia_n ? It answered an earlier question of mine - whether Dooku trying to recruting Anakin was a personal agenda or an assignment from Sidious.

Yes, I definitely wanted to clear that up. I wanted Sidious to be responsible in a roundabout way for pushing the Jedi into knighting Anakin. Dueling with a Sith seems to be a surefire way to accomplish that. I don?t think Dooku anticipated Anakin giving him quite such a run for his money though. Now he has to wake up and face the fact that Anakin could have defeated him, thus unseating Dooku as Sidious?s apprentice. At this point I think he definitely wants to see Anakin dead, as opposed to turned ? but then, he wouldn?t be the first Sith to have his own agenda apart from his master?s.

Thank you for the congrats!

Padlei ? the PHA (Palpatine Haters Anonymous) is a big club. Fortunately we have no limits on membership. :D I agree that Anakin is pretty naïve not to see the handwriting on the wall. Still, I think he?s a little like Obi-Wan. He sees more than he lets himself acknowledge. Ya know?

I?m working on a couple of new projects. I?m glad to know you?re interested :)

Thanks for your support all these months!

19. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Just a new post for the cover art. :) Or it will be, once it works.

New Cover Art

20. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Nice cover art :).

Great story! It ended with things leading believably up to Episode III. Even though events in the film will in all likelihood play out differently, I think many of the issues will nevertheless be the same.

--MissPadme

21. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Lovely pixie!

22. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    You're welcome... Got to give credit where it's due. ;)
    And I'm upping this thread for new eyes! Hey, why not? ;)

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wicked cover!!! I like it! Do tell when your next project is ready to launch! Can't wait to read it!

24. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I feel ashamed to have missed this, but now that i have found and rad it, i am awed. Please tell me you'll write other things because this was wonderful! Like some others have said, you have seamlessly woven your plot into what AoTC left us with. *starts chanting* SEQUEL SEQUEL!

25. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh this is so nice! I can really see this happening between Episode 2 and 3 and you did a wonderful job with Anakin and Padme and Obi-Wan and I cried at the Knighting... Please what are you going to write next?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.