main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Naboo Rain - A/P, O-W, Dooku - (Complete) Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Reihla, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Geez, I can?t believe I missed two replies! I?m really sorry! Once I moved on to my next project I just kinda forgot to check on this one. :) That?s me. A month or two behind. :D

Darth_Pixel - Please tell me you'll write other things

I?m still writing. In fact, I have a new story up with two very talented co-authors. I hope you?ll wander by and check it out. :D I?m not promising a sequel for this story, but I never say ?never.? Oddly enough, I?ve had this little extra scene floating around in my mind for the end of this fic ? kindof an epilogue, I guess. Considering Naboo Rain started life as a vignette, I suppose it isn?t out of the question that it could turn it into something more. I?d better finish my current project first, though, else my partners might shoot me and ask questions later. Thanks for reading and for your comments!

Jedi_Bant - I cried at the Knighting...

Wow! :) I had no idea it could inspire that type of response. I've always been fascinated by Jedi knighting ceremonies. I couldn't resist the chance to include Anakin's.

Please what are you going to write next?

Looks like you?ve already been by my most recent project. :D Thanks for letting me know what you thought of Naboo Rain!

2. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    I just wanted to write a short note to thank everyone for the nominations in the Summer 2004 Fanfic Awards. I was really surprised (stunned, floored, amazed) to see NR mentioned in so many categories.

Most thrilling, however, was receiving the requisite 3+ nominations for Best Canon Story and Best Canon Character (Anakin)!

Those who followed this story since it began know how much effort I put in trying to get it to flow seamlessly from AOTC. That, and developing Anakin Skywalker as a maturing young man and war hero were my first priorities. The nominations in other categories are great (especially those for Dooku & Padme), but to actually have NR make it to the voting round for these two Canon categories is more awesome than you can imagine! You've made me very happy!

Thank you guys so much!

3. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I just finished reading this. Awesome story. I loved your characterization of Anakin and Padme and the way that you used some of the minor characters in your story.

Good luck with the awards! You deserve them. :D

4. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Jaina_Solo_15 - Thank you for reading and for letting me know you liked this story! :D

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello Reihla!

I discovered your story when I was reading all the nominations and it immediately caught my eye. I had to come in and read your story! Great characterizations of Anakin and Dooku. That fight scene between the two was excellent. Both of them anticipating each other's moves and making their strategies, fascinating and well done. You've captured Dooku's character so well. So calculating and elegant. Loved the part where he tells Anakin it would be a privilege to train him. I could almost see Anakin's mind churning.

Well done, Reihla! I'm looking forward to reading more of your works.

6. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    wow, I'm really glad to see this again. I was just looking it over, re-reading some of my favorite parts, and inspiration struck me, gave me a few ideas for the project I'm working on now.

This really was some of your finest work, Rei.

7. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Thank you, tangled_sphere. I?m really glad you enjoyed the story, especially the characterizations and the dueling. I think the whole dynamic between Dooku and Anakin bears further exploration because Dooku was such a strong - yet underdeveloped - character. Before he left the order he appeared to be highly thought of by the Jedi, especially those on the council. I can see Anakin respecting him on many levels.

I?m happy to know my story inspired you V_S. All Falls Down is coming along nicely, I think. :D

8. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    A big CONGRATULATIONS to my wonderful co-author [face_love] for the story that made me fall in love with her writing in the first place! :D

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes! Congrats indeed! Totally totally awesome story! :D

10. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I knew you would win, Rei. Huge Congratulations to you.

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Congratulations, Reihla!

12. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Thanks, guys! I had to go out of town unexpectedly this weekend and just got back a little while ago. Needless to say I'm quite surprised and more than a little happy to see that NR and Anakin won in the Canon categories. :D Wow!

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Congratulations Reihla. Well done! :D

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

Having had the pleasure of being here from the start, it was great to see the story itself and Anakin win. Well done, Reihla. =D= I'll now sneak away before the urge to make an Emperor inspired joke about what I foresaw overtakes me. ;)

BTW: Thank you for your congratulatory message concerning Kohvrekhar's win. :)

JD.

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I spent the afternoon reading this entire thing and I'm so glad I did. Like I told you in my PM your excerpts for the awards really caught my attention and I just had to give the entire story a try.

First off I love the style of your writing. It's very crisp and clear. Just enough description to make a reader feel like they are right there in the room but not so much that the scene gets bogged down and overshadowed by it. The dialogue is wonderful and I'm so envious of your fight and action scenes. I struggle with both and your's seem so effortless.

Most of all I can see why you won the canon awards. Your depiction of both Anakin and Obi-Wan were so well done I could just picture Ewan and Hayden uttering your lines. You nailed Obi-Wan's dry sense of humor and almost hesitant affection for his apprentice. And Anakin was a mirror of the one we see in the films. It was so refreshing to see a writer explore these characters deeper thoughts and emotions without putting their own skewed twist on it and demanding it be taken as canon.

Bravo and you so deserved the canon awards! =D=

One last thing. You mentioned a few times throughout this that you may write an Obi-Wan fic next. I just have one thing to say to that. Please! [-o|

16. Reihla

May 17, 2002
    Thanks t_s & JD :)

obi-ew ? I spent the afternoon reading this entire thing

Wow! I?m happy you found it so intriguing. :) I think the coolest thing about the fanfic awards is that it gives our stories more exposure. Winning is cool too, but I really appreciate new readers.

I have a confession to make. I struggle with action scenes too. I?m so glad you thought the ones in NR came across well.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my characterizations. I love that both Anakin and Obi-Wan came across as they did in the movies. As I am so fond of your Obi-Wan and your Anakin I?m especially glad to know you enjoyed my versions of them.

Winning the canon categories surprised me quite a bit, but I have to say I?m thrilled. Naboo Rain in its earliest stages was specifically geared to complement canon ? to be a bridge, of sorts between Ep II & Ep III. Out of all the things it was nommed for, winning in these two categories came as close as anything could to letting me know I didn?t miss the mark with that particular goal.

One last thing. You mentioned a few times throughout this that you may write an Obi-Wan fic next. I just have one thing to say to that. Please!

At the moment the only idea I have for O-W is the prequel to the vignette I wrote in Before the Saga for the Valentines challenge. I?d really like to see that story done. Then again, he?s so cute in Ep II that coming up with something for him in the Clone Wars era wouldn?t be a bad thing either! I?ll see what I can do. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.