main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Naboo Story -- my 1st fic here

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bant428, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Hey! This is the first fanfic I've posted on the boards. I do have one fanfic @ TFN (part of the proposal anthology) but I want more, so here's the first part of my story.
    --Bant

Had I ever felt pain this way? Pain from my very center, the core of my being, the soul of my soul? Pain that walked with me, waking and sleeping, breathing, moving and in repose? Everything tasted of it: the food that I shoved down my throat along with the bitter truth, the liquids I downed that later poured out of my eyes, salty with dissolved hopes and dreams and loves. Everything looked like it: the clothes in my wardrobe rustling with my wish to stun him with my "beauty," the journals that smelled of musty, stale emotion, the flickering of the holoscreen flashing shows as mindless as my abandon of logic when it came to him. All voices sounded like his -- my own voice said what he said. He -- and the ceaseless pain -- was there everywhere I went, his thought so deeply mingling with mine until I didn't know my soul from his.
    I wish it had been love. This -- this was much more complicated.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had gotten to know him because of something so mundane I can't believe it led to the completion of my soul. We met because I couldn't get a schedule change.
    It was my second day of my first year at the Academy for the Humanities, a large school in Theed renown for its alumni who became famous in art, literature, music, drama, and politics. Those of us with talent in one of those areas were pulled out of "general" schools and placed here as soon as our gifts were recognized. Some students were talented in many areas; most were on sponsorships. I wasn't. The daughter of affluent merchants, I got in because of my poetic talent, but many whispered that my parents' ample funds were the real reason. I still had many friends at the school, yet we never seemed to progress to a deeper level of friendship.
    I was arguing at lunch with "The Nerf," the smelly old woman in charge of the arrangement of classes. Her nickname had been used for so long, nobody knew her real name or was brave enough to ask.
    "I don't want to be in this Naboo Studies class," I pleaded, trying to remain calm. "I need to switch."
    "Why is that?" She looked at me, her eyes surrounded by unpitying wrinkles.
    I really had no "valid" reason, by the school's standard. I had a great reason by my own standards. Sergeant of Historics Goojiprat Kibop taught the other class, Nubian History. Kibop was half Corellian and half humanoid, a novelty on Naboo, charismatic, and young, and engaging. His name to the general student body was "Go-jeer-at Kibop." He was highly controversial, but definitely more fun than the Naboo Studies teacher, General of Historics Dofrey, a dry, senile, lecherous old man.
    "Ummm... I have to change my, umm, schedule..." I knew I had no case.
    "You have no case." I could have pulled on The Nerf's ugly face until the ancient skin tore open. But instead, I stretched my own face taut with an artificial smile.
    "Thank you for your help, anyway."
    "Go to class." I ran off to my last class of the day, Advanced Basic Usage 2, a level above the others in my grade. As I rushed through the door, I mentally cursed myself. I could have come up with some good excuse! Communication was my specialty, after all. But I shoved my thoughts and anger aside to immerse myself in my one steady love, language.
    The next day, I pulled a loose garment over my upper body before entering Naboo Studies, for the ogling teacher's benefit. Halfway through the class, as I was fending off sleep, a student rushed into the class. I recognized him as Otim Allyw, an acquaintance of mine. "I'm so sorry," he gasped. "I came back from vacation yesterday, so this is my first day, and I was lost..."
    "Shut up!" yelled Dofrey. "Sit down!" Otim's gaze moved across the room, looking for a seat he could take. The other students eyeballed him suspic

2. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Not Appropriate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.