main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Naboo's Sovereign..Planning Thread! SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Aug 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Here's the post...let me know what needs to be changed. i really tried to get Leia's handmaidens in there, but it just didn't happen.

Well basically you have to introduce the Elite and Leia's handmaidens. Since Anakin has sensed that something's happened to Amidala he gets up and goes into the control room to check.

Basically he finds out that, her ship Summer Rain was supposedly attacked and destroyed by Palpatine. Then as you usually would when u lose a loved one...you'd be upset and shut yourself off. He also doesn't want to tell the children.

"Anakin, please-"

"Something is wrong, I need to-"

Marcas Pottren, the Captain of Anakin's highly-skilled, personal security force, aka: The Elite, followed close behind the former-Jedi as he ran out into the hallway. "Anakin, you cannot just go running off like this!"

Anakin didn't slow his pace, but turned to face his best friend. "Do you trust my instincts, Marc?" He ground out.

Marcas nodded distactedly. "You know I do, but you would do well to explain what the hurry is!"

Just what is the hurry?

"It's just...I felt a disturbance. I fear that something's happened to Amidala." He admitted, trying to ignore the sick feeling brewing in the pit of his stomach. He'd been preparing for bed, when a cold rush of fear and confusion invaded his very being. Immediately he sought out his wife's presence in the Force.

And found nothing...

He shook his head, not knowing what to hold on to.

Marcas stopped him before the door to the control room. "May the Force be with us." He said, somberly.

Inside the aforementioned room, various personnel stood at attention when Anakin and Marcas entered. Nobody moved. Actually, nobody even breathed.

Stepping forward, Anakin broke the silence. "Patch me through to Summer Rain.

Marcas focused in on Jasper, his chief officer. "Is it policy to ignore the direct command of Mr. Skywalker?" The burly bodyguard asked.

Jasper paled, pointing helplessly at the control panel. "We-we...we've lost contact with Summer Rain, Sir. All attempts to hail the ship have been unsuccessful-" Jasper admitted, quietly.

The cold that had infiltrated Anakin's very being, crept around his heart. "And what about nearby ships? Has anyone seen this ship?" He nearly screamed. Somehow, he knew what Jasper was about to say...

Lowering his head, the man cotinued. "Various reports have come in, Sir. It appears that the Summer Rain was ambushed by a large squadron of TIE fighters. An explosion followed, and Summer Rain dissapeared from the sky."

NO! I will not believe this to be true!

Taking a hard look at the somber-faced crew, he turned and ran from the room. Marcas tried to catch up with him in the hallway, but he was ignored completely. There was nobody in the Galaxy Anakin wished to talk to...

Except Amidala

Ambushed by a large squadron of TIE fighters...

Anakin knew, hell...everyone knew, the only person capable of such evil.

Palpatine.

Finally safe inside his own quarters, Anakin slid down the inside of the wall. Squeezing his eyes shut, he tried to ignore the tears sliding down his cheeks. She could not be dead! Desperately, he searched for even the tiniest hint of her presence.

Where there had once been an unbreakable bond, all that remained was a sharp, crippling ache. It was if she had been ripped away completely. Flashes of their life together, as well as the sleeping images of their children, assaulted his already-weak mind.

What was he going to tell them?

What was he going to tell his heart?

"Ami..." Taking a deep breath, he made it to the bed. The last thing he remembered was holding her pillow close.

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    :D That was great :D I see no problems. Do you want to post it now or wait for AS?

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Fantastic, no problems! :) Looks great, wonderful action, post ahead.

Amidala

4. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Alright, what's my post about?

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Lemme think, well maybe we might want baby Amidala coming in asking what's wrong with Anakin and maybe Anakin could yell at her and Marcus comes in and tells her that Ani's a little bit stressed.

She's crying because she got yelled at and eventually Anakin picks her up and calms her down and requests a meeting with Naboo's politicans, to tell them the news. When will we tell the kids but?

AS

6. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Ok, but Anakin is currently sleeping with Luke and Leia in the bed, so how's that going to work?

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    In AA's post he ran into his quarters so Luke and Leia were there too were they? When he was doing all this?

8. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    I'd assume so, they'd be asleep.

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Well taking that into account, they's of course wake up when Anakin came flying into the room - because who could possible sleep through that?

::glares at a certain Obi-Wan who is dozing in his chair::

Well they wake up pretty quickly and look over to see their father clutching a pillow, baby Ami wanders in to see what all the comotion was. They try to ask him what's wrong, he snaps there heads off.

Marcus enters the room and tells the children to leave their father alone. Ami begin to cry and Anakin reaches for her to hug her and whisper that it's alright. Now I debating on telling the children now, good idea?

Either way Anakin calls a meeting with Naboo's top politians to announce what has happened and who will be ruling Naboo.

Oh another thing, he's got to decide whether to give the throne over to another person or take it up himself of course he takes the job up himself, in the true Skywalker spirit.

Sorry how I put the ideas in awful sentences..couldn't think of anything else to do..

AS

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Its good.

I'll start were AA left off and the children wake up, AmiJr comes in and Ani gets upset. Marc comes in and tells the children to leave.

Then there's the whole "what are you going to do" tslk.

Eventually, whether then or in consel with the officals Ani decides to rule for some period of time . . .

Good?

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Perfect..in that post are you going to include telling the children about their mother?

12. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    No . . . Ani would protect them.

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Sounds good to me! :)

14. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Alright . . . I start writing ASAP

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
  16. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Okay, what color is Baby Ami's eyes and hair?

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Oh I think in my post I described her as mocha-coloured hair (brown) and long! Eyes can they be blue?? Either that or brown

AS

18. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    He could have fallen asleep or lost track of time due to the heartache of grief. Either way, Anakin, with his face still buried in the now wet pillow, didn't know what part of the day it was when he became aware of noises next to him.

"Dad?" a small child's voice rang in his ear, "are you awake?" He knew it wasn't Luke or Leia, but his three-year-old daughter, Ami. The twins were also stirring, however, and started to join their sister.

Anakin didn't want to lift his head off the pillow - he knew what pains that would bring and he wasn't quite really yet. But he knew that he would have to face it eventually.

"Daaaddd," Ami said again, a soft whine added to her voice.

Anakin lifted his head slowly, blinking once or twice to release the tears that still clung to his eyelashes. He couldn't help the redness, so he could only hope his children wouldn't notice.

They did, of course, and all three of their faces frowned in worry.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, sitting up in a cross-legged position.

"Nothing," Anakin said quietly, "why don't you guys go back to your own rooms?"

"It's already past noon," Leia informed him, "you said mom was going to be home by now."

"Yeah," Luke caught on, "you said--"

"I know what I said," Anakin snapped, rubbing his temples with his two index fingers, "just, please, go to your rooms."

"But, dad . . ."

"Now!" Anakin hissed, causing the twins and baby Ami to jump nearly off the bed.

Luke and Leia stared at their father, dumfound by his behavior. Anakin was usually calm and relaxed and was able to concentrate on a problem without emotions getting in the way - it was a remnant of his Jedi training. The twins had lived more than half of their young lives on the run and in the middle of a war, but neither had ever seen their father this upset.

Ami, too young to wonder at her father's behavior, simply burst into tears and her bright blue eyes became as red as her father's were.

A knock on the door interrupted this commotion and Marcas bolted through the door without waiting for an answer. He scanned the situation, the room, and its occupants with his blue eyes, so close to Anakin's in shape and color, and sighed.

"Children," he said hoarsely, "leave us. I need to talk to your dad."

Marcas had no kids of his own -preferring the military and loyalty to Anakin over family - and, save for his contact with the Skywalkers, had no experience with them. The twins were easy enough to deal with, but Ami could be a pain at times.

As if to complement Marcas's thoughts, Ami began to cry even harder and was on the verge of having an extreme temper tantrum. Marcas stood absolutely still and waited for Anakin to react.

"Daddy gonna . . . nooo," Ami sobbed as Anakin picked her up and set her down on his lap. He stroked her hair gently and tried to soothe over her nerves with the Force. She reacted favorably, resting her head against her father's chest.

"It's going to be alright," Anakin whispered, his former frustration fading to where only grief again remained.

Luke shifted off the bed and stared at Marcas and then glanced at his father.

"Something's wrong," he said softly, "tell us, please." His blue eyes searched both adults' faces, looking for answers.

"We don't know yet," Marc lied simply, "when we do, we'll tell you."

"You're lying," Leia said, getting off the bed to join her brother.

Marcas wanted to roll his eyes. He wasn't Force-sensitive, so dealing with others that were was sometimes difficult. Anakin, however, was there to save him.

"Nevertheless, guys," Anakin said, "this is a conversation for us grown ups. We'll save the interesting stuff for you later. Why don't you take Ami down and get something to eat?" Anakin could mislead his children a lot better than Marc could and that, plus a small Force suggestion of hunger, had Luke and Leia guiding Amidala out of the room.

When they had left and the door had closed, Anakin sunk back down on the bed and reburied himself in its linens. He turned his whole b

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Holy angst, batman! That was supremely moving...the way Marcas and Ani were with the kids, it's exactly the way parents react in those situations. his resolve to get dressed and try to move on broke my hear :(

aa :)

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    That was super, wonderful! I agree with AA.....my parents were always like that with me. Go ahead and post that by all means - it deserves only the best!

Am

21. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks, loyal friends!

Should I post it now or wait?

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Post you must - happy I shall be :)

AS

23. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Alright let's plan for next post.

Council meeeting.

I think you should explain that Naboo has an actual kingship, rather than elections.

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    I agree, the whole idea was that after they had saved the universe from Palpy...Naboo crowned them the Royal Family of Naboo (forever that is) in pure gratitude!

25. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, I think we all agree on that, so you should have it in your post.

I kind of left Anakin indecisive at the end of my post, so you can have him know what he wants or the council convice him to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.