main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN NAD MEETING: December 31st, Jillian's in Opry Mills **CANCELLED**

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I talked this over with a few of the crew, and everyone agrees that a get-together for ringing in the New Year would be cool.

The plan is to meet around 7-8pm (so that everyone can be off work, etc.) at Jillian's in the Opry Mills Mall. We could bowl, eat, play video games, catch a movie, etc., then ring in the New Year at midnight. Just a few thoughts that can change of course. If anyone has any ideas for this meeting, please post here. :)

2. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    hey i go to lipscomb in nashville and i am home for the holidays so i wont be able to make this but we should do an "E.T." meeting when that comes out.....

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Agreed. I haven't seen "E.T." since the 1980's.

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Anyone have dates on that? ;)

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I was just wondering how many are going to Gillian's. My wife and I are going to the ice sculpture at Opryland Hotel, and we could swing by Gillian's afterwards. Is everyone meeting in a certain area?

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'd say meet in the video game area. I'll wear my St. Louis Blues jersey so that I'll be easier to spot.

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Jay (Elan-Rai) called Jillian's and found out that there is a cover charge of $50.00 a person to get in. That's much too rich for Jay, his wife, or myself to go to. If anyone wants to do something tomorrow, Jay and I are both off from work. So if you're reading this, Grand Moff Joker, give me a call. I'll PM you my number.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, sorry to burst everyone's bubble. :( I had really looked forward to doing this, but that is just too high for us. We will plan something out for January for sure.

And hey, if anyone wants to get together tomorrow, like Hama said, we are free most of the day. :D

9. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Be glad you didn't go. My wife and I went, and it was not worth $50 each. They provided food and a $5 game card, but you had to pay for everything else, drinks, bowling. I wish I would have known that no one was coming.

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry you missed the above posts, Chewie. I heard about the cover and instantly didn't like it. Bummer.

We'll try to get together again soon. :)

11. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    We left town about 1:30 that day, so that's why I missed the reply.

Did you get together to see LOTR? I watched here in McMinnville, but the theater isn't all that great. I would like to see it at one of the Nashville theaters. Some of the people I work with say that the stadium seating makes a big difference.

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think most of us were scattered about in watching FOTR. We wanted to get together, but with the holidays so close to it, it just wasn't possible.

We will plan another get-together soon in Jaunuary. I will keep you posted. :D

BTW- Stadium seating does make a significant amount of difference. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.