Nash, TN NADLP - 107.5 the River is unable to attend our line party - THANK YOU LUCASFILM!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah our line is still gonna be better. LFL does care about the fans because they do make them money. In the grand scheme of things 20,000+ absent SW fans not at the premiere doesn't directly affect their profit, but the excitement of us fans is contageous. I knew many friends, some of which even HATED Star Wars, that went to see Episode I anyway because of me. The single most powerful promotional tool in movies is word of mouth.
    Line-ups also make the news. By now who hasn't heard of the two guys in Seattle who have been waiting for Episode II since January 1st. There have been something like 300 interviews. Not to mention the 45 day lines at Mann's Chinese Theatre for Episode I and so on.
  2. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    "The River has a contract with Regal Cinema (who will probably provide them the tickets) which virtually guarantees that they will promote the Regal and H-27.

Actually, The River doesn't have the contract with Regal, the promotions company does. That's why if the River didn't get the contract, they could have joined us in line and gotten the LIVE! broadcasting at the Thoroughbred.

I wasn't going to say anything to y'all until I got the details, but I thought I would give everyone a little bit of good news before the weekend considering what a crazy week its been.

I spoke briefly with the promotiions director of The Rock @ 105.9 . He definitely wants to do something big for us and is currently calling around to his contacts in Nashville and at Carmike Cinemas to help us not only get some sponsorships, but also make this line-up party the best it can be. I'll let you all know when I hear something from him. :)

3. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh, some good news. And here is some more:

From Page 3 of the AOTC Tickets Going on Sale during Convention?!?! thread:

AlderaanOnline:
    " I spoke to a local manager at a Cinemark theatre today and this is what he told me for what it's worth.

He said that tickets would go on sale no earlier than Monday, May the 13th because they won't find out until May the 12th whether or not they will be getting it for sure.
    "

Unforunately, this is just what a local manager said, and they probably don't know much.
  4. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Some good news indeed!

Better news even still with the tickets - though May 8th or 9th would be perfect.

Let's hope The Rock can stir up a couple of sponsorships and get the local businesses to call US to place ads in the program!!

Wouldn't THAT be divine?
  5. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    How bad does this screw us on printing the flyers? Do we still have to wait on the confirmed midnight showing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.