main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN NADLP - When is the line up?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedichic07, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey everyone, hope all of you are doing well! Just a quick question- when are tix going on sale for the line up and are they going to do it like last time, where they are sold the week before??? Please e-mail me personally back at jedichic07@aol.com with info!!! Getting excited here- but oh so sad that toys r us here in nashville is wussing out of the midnight sale.... :(
    Peace!

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Unforunately, everything we've heard via the rumor-mill and an LFL publicity agent is that they will be on sale two weeks prior to Episode II, which puts it right during Celebration II. The latest report on TFN says May 3rd, when over 10,000, possibly more, SW fans will be in Indianapolis. With some of the other stuff we have heard about the River's publicity contract with LFL, LFL is intentionally discouraging lining up and any sort of hardcore fan activity.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    10,000? Try 20,000-40,000. LFL can go suck an egg if they pick any date for Advance ticket sales within 48 hours of CB2 :p That is no way to reward a patron ;)

Perhaps they fear that the fan activites will overshadow the premiere of Episode II? It doesn't matter what LFL does either. The local press is going to report more on the fan base, because that is what is at home. Any obvious attempts to thwart the fans and their line-parties and activities is going to be seen as an attack on the hand that feeds them. After this is all said and done, LFL may not be so popular in the minds of the fanbase. They just need to roll with it. They should be jumping up and down with glee for the amount of publicity we are getting them. Instead they appear to be doing everything in their power to remove us from it whatsoever. What's up with that?

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent. It's just starting to get a little frustrating. ;)

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Beware the Dark Side Kir Kanos -

Anger, fear, frustration....the Dark Side are they.

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny in making this Fundraiser and Line Party a Success.

I feel the conflict within you, let go of your Frustration -

- and don't you dare tell me "It's too late for me son."

5. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    ::cackles::

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you!

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    NEEEEEVVVVEEEEEER!!! [face_laugh]

Hey, what can you say about corporate beauracracy? When the chains of commerce get too big, there are too many people making the decisions, and the one's that they are supposed to be serving get the shaft. It's the Trade Federation all over again. Let's just hope they don't blockade the theater ;)

7. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    You need to be telling these Intergalactic Cowardly Federation-types "Oh no my misguided Corporate imbeciles, you will find that it is YOU who are mistaken....about a great many...thiinnggss.

"Your feeble skills are no match for the Power of the Fan Base!

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!"

8. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    If all else fails - summon the force and blast them with lightning.

Lightning can travel through phone lines.

Give 'em a little zap - perhaps it might start moving their stagnant brain cells again.

9. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Now we've seen now that the website linked to earlier that had the "confirmation" about May 3rd as the release date has been edited.

Anyway, if things turn out to be as bad as we suspect they will be and May 2nd or 3rd turns out to be the day they release tickets, Rick McCallum would be wise to reconsider his appearance at SWC2. Unless we get a free screening or free tickets, both of which are highly unlikely, SWC2 fans stand to be screwed more than anyone else. Stick a few hundred of bitter fans in a room during a Q+A with Rick, ask him the question, and if his answer is the wrong one, this bitter group of fans could quickly degenerate into an angry mob.

But personally I think now that the theatre that posted the May 3rd release date either jumped the gun or posted a release date that THEY were planning, and that the tickets will actually be relased earlier in the week.

10. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    thanks to all!!! I hope this is all resolved soon.... are we lining up overnight for the ticket sales as well as lining up EARLY on the day of the show??? I'm ready for anything!!!

"fear leads to anger (you all afraid to miss tix sales)
    "anger leads to hate" (for people trying to spoil all our fun)
    "hate leads to suffering!"(us and the almighty ticket gods if things don't get set soon!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.