main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN NAD's Official w00t Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoNads501

GoNads501 Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2005
    wOOt WOOT!

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    This whole week has been pretty good to me. It started Monday with the EBay sale of two Bon Jovi tickets (face value: $175) for almost $240. I had a really good improv comedy class Tuesday, and came home to find an email stating that there would be auditions for cast members of ImprovNashville on April 22nd. No guarantees, of course, but this could be a big break for me. Then on Wednesday, the Teamsters beat the Fraternal Order of Police in an election for collective bargaining agent. Final tally 633-407. Maybe now they can work out a better contract for us. If nothing else, I'm sure the city will go for the things that won't cost them money, like having days off and take home cars assigned to people with seniority, and not just the people who make the most traffic stops.

And the week's not over!

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm glad you at least made out on the tickets. If "whats her face" can't see what a great guy you are then her loss. Besides, I think you enjoy your improv time a lot more. Just remember, the right woman is a blessing, the wrong woman is a curse & bachelorhood is NOT as overrated as some of your married friends may say. Hopefully, you'll finally get that promotion you deserve this year too Dylan!

As of the end of this month, I will be joining the ranks of the self-employed as a full time artist & architectural illustrator. I just turned in my notice Monday. It has been a while coming, but with the support of my family I'm finally going to be able to live my dream. [face_dancing] WOOT!!!

4. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    that's awesome. :)

w00t to you!

5. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    w00t! I got the rest of the Dark Tower Series!!!! [face_dancing]

The Hooded One

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Don't read the epilogue in Book Seven. The story's better without knowing what's in the tower.

(of course, now you're even more curious)

7. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not going to read what happens at the end til I finish the book. I'm on book 2 now.

The Hooded One

8. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Awesome you are going the Self Employment route Kir.

As one who has been there for the past 17 years in the same industry - there is nothing like the freedom of your own business.

Of course, there is no safety net either and cash flow can be a major bitch - but I would not trade it to slave for anyone else again.

Congrats.

Here's where the fun begins.

9. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    chris wants to do that, but i think we're both to scared. lol i hear it *is* the way to go tho.

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks Michael! CHEERS! [face_coffee] Can everyone say FREEDOM!!! [face_dancing]

Yes, although I will have to pay more in taxes, pay quarterly "estimated" taxes, & fund my own insurance, I'm looking forward to the challenge & not having the big brother corporate server watch every key stroke I type. I'm also looking forward to being the steward of my own destiny (God is the master). Therefore, the harder & smarter I work will in turn reap benefits for me & my family. I'm tired of just being an "employee." I'm tired of seeing loyal employees work for years (myself included) & not get any incentives or promotions while they keep bringing new "managers" in, who haven't proven themselves yet, I might add. Then they give them the offices & promotions for telling me & the other production cubicle people (who actually DO THE WORK) how to do OUR jobs that we already very well know how to do. Can you say "Office Space"? [face_laugh] I can laugh about it now that I'm about to leave, but its been something that has obviously bothered me for quite some time. If I can help it, I never want to be an "employee" again. WOOT!!!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
  12. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    EXACTLY Dylan!!! =D=

As a man, you gotta love Braveheart!

Just a few favorite inspirational quotes: o_O

"Men don't follow titles, they follow courage."

"I want a home, and children, and peace. I've asked God for those things, but it's all for nothing if you don't have freedom."

"You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshanks' table that you've missed you're God-given right to something better."

"And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

O.K. tangent over...;)

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    "You dropped your rock."

14. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    It snowed in Knoxville!!! FINALLY! Mkay, I know that it's not what anyone who has lived outside of TN would call a "REAL" snow, but we didn't even get anything last weekend.. so I'll take what I can get!

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/jmolinaro/ut-snow0206/torchbearer.jpg]

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/jmolinaro/ut-snow0206/humanities.jpg]

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/jmolinaro/ut-snow0206/ampitheater.jpg]

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/jmolinaro/ut-snow0206/melrose-arches.jpg]

15. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    awesome pics!

yay for snow!

:)

16. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    nothing to wOOt about- just wanted to wOOT just because!!

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Just got back to work tonight after a week and a half off. Found out I'm the Officer of the Month for March. Won it for both the detail and the precinct. Besides the two certificates, I got a $35 gift card for Outback Steakhouse. =P~

18. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! =D= Well, at least you'll still have the $35 gift card once that article is published. o_O

19. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Congrats, Dylan!

I suppose I should w00t over buying a townhouse in Bellevue last week. It's right down the street from the Toys R Us.

I am having movers help with all the heavy stuff next weekend, but I have tons of smaller stuff in boxes at my parents' house and things still needing to be boxed or just moved at my apartment that I am moving myself. If anyone can help Sunday (4/23) after the Predators game (around 4 p.m.), please let me know. There will be beer, pizza, etc. offered.

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yesterday was the big audition for the improv comedy troupe. Lots of fun, lots of laughs. More details in my Myspace page if you're interested.

I got THE phone call this afternoon. I made it! It'll be a few months before we actually perform together as a troupe, since we're all still learning each other's quirks and mastering the improv comedy games.

I'll let you all know when the shows start up.

21. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Yesterday Bryan established the links for folks to download the Stargate fan film that several of us were involved in making. Anyone who needs the link www.stargate-delta.com

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The special effects were most impressive. =D= I thought they were just as good as on SG-1, especially in the board room ;)

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Very well done. So when do we start filming the sequel?

24. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    ok, i tried viewing/downloading it....came thru all weird. the picture was grey and garbled..
    :-(

25. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    That's strange. Which file did you download?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.