main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nadyezhda ( It means hope in Russian) - Part One Luke/Mara NJO AU (Finished 7/21)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Jul 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Hello everyone!

This is my first attempt at a Mara/Luke fanfic. Please force don't hurt me! *cowers behind her desk.* Just want to say gracias to Wedge 88 who has played as my beta and helped me figure out NJO to use to my advantage. I know that Mara's pregnant in the series and is going to have or has had (haven't got that far yet) a boy, but hey, a girl can dream can't she? Thanks Wedge! I owe you one! And to others who are reading my other stories, don't worry, I haven't abandoned Obi-Wan and Lara. :)

Dedicated to Michelle and Lela.

Nadyezhda - Part One
    By Renton Kenobi

Luke Skywalker had forgotten how beautiful a Tatooine sunset was.

Watching the binary suns as he sat on the roof of his home, Luke began to reflect on these past few years. The Vong threat had finally been destroyed. The Jedi, once hated by the New Republic, finally gained footing against the Yuuzhan Vong and pushed them back and claimed back the galaxy, or what was left. The Yuuzhan Vong were now in exile in the surrounding space which had once been the planet of Sernpidal. The Republic had control of what was left of the Outer Rim and some of the Unknown Regions had been explored for Trade Routes for the Republic. And they became allies. Which came sparse these days.

After the battle with the Yuuzhan Vong, Luke started the Academy on his home planet of Tatooine. He smiled when he had remarked to Old Ben that he would never come back. How things change over time. Then he thought to his wife, Mara. They were expecting their first child, a baby girl. Luke never thought you could be nervous and excited at the same time. He had asked that question to Han once, all he did was laugh and slap Luke on the back and said "welcome to the world of being a parent!"

As the suns fell behind the distant horizon Luke stood from where he was and walked to where the ladder was leaning against the roof. Climbing down it he proceeded to shut the power down, knowing Mara would already be asleep. As she got nearer and nearer to the due date she was more and more exhausted. She was nearing the end of her eigth month. The time was getting closer and closer.

Walking into the bedroom he shared with his wife he pulled off his tunic and sat on the edge of the bed to take off his boots. Stretching his arms he laid down next to his sleeping wife and draped a arm across her. Mara rolled over in her sleep and he felt her soft breathing on his neck.

Yes, he couldn't be more happier.

Squinting hard as the suns rays began to warm their bedroom Mara Jade Skywalker covered her head with a pillow, moaning softly. She was still tired but those blasted suns always seemed to know when she needed more sleep. That's the moment when they come in and wake her up. "Good morning Mara." Feeling the pillow being pulled off her face she wrapped her arms around it and instinctively clutched it to her face. Giving an indignant grunt to tell whoever was doing it to leave her alone. "Mara, comon now."

Looking from under the pillow Mara saw the face of her husband Luke smiling at her. "I'll let you carry the next one Luke, then we'll see who's smiling."

Trying not to laugh at his wife's threat he helped her sit up in bed. "Do you not remember that Han and Leia are coming today?"

"So? Leia's done this two times," she indicated on her fingers. "She will understand if I am not there when their ship arrives." Yanking the pillow back from Luke, Mara laid back on the bed. "Now go away."

"Mara am I going to have to drag you out of this bed?" Luke teased. "Or are you going to behave?" Peaking out from under the pillow Mara made a face at Luke and he grabbed the pillow out of her hands and threw it across the room. "It's time to get up." He helped her out of bed and pushed her gently towards the fresher. "Now comon they will be here any moment."

"Luke, you're lucky I'm eight months pregnant." Mara threatened. "Or you would missing your other hand as well."

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Ohh, I wonder what happens next.... ;)

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Interesting start. Nice Russian name in the title.

4. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Yes, forgot to mention that, it means "Hope."

5. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000

Mara really wished that she just stayed in bed.

No one in their right mind should be out in this heat! Mara exclaimed to herself as she sat in the speeder that she shared with Luke, waiting for him to come back with Han and Leia. The kids weren't coming on this trip, it was a vacation for the two, "a well deserved one!" As Han so graciously put it.

Wiping the sweat off her brow she placed her hands on her swollen belly as she felt her daughter kick hard against her ribs. Mara was nervous, but at the same time very happy that this was going to be over soon. She didn't like the weakness she felt by doing things that she could usually do with ease. Now it took all she had to do those things.

"Hey Mara." Looking up she saw Leia coming up quickly with Han behind her. "What are you doing out here in this awful heat? You should be inside resting."

Mara shot Luke a look. "I was, but then someone dragged me out of bed and put me in this speeder."

Leia punched Luke in the shoulder. "You shouldn't have dragged her out here!" She laughed. "It's the worst feeling! Being pregnant and being in this type of heat!"

Luke took a deep breath. "Why does it seem whenever you two get together it's 'gang up on Luke?'"

Han laughed. "That's women for you!" Leia shot him a look and he pointed at her. "You see what I mean?"

Leia looked at Mara and shook her head. It was so nice to be able to visit eachother without having to worry about a threat. It had been a long time since Leia had seen everyone so happy in a long time. Like when the Yuuzhan Vong were finally defeated or when Mara finally beat her disease. Leaning down next to her she smiled. "Why not we show them how mean we can be?"

Mara grinned knowing what Leia was going to do.

As she went to the pilot's seat where Luke had been sitting Mara tried her best not to give it away by laughing. Leia started the speeder and took off towards the Skywalker's home leaving the two men behind in Mos Eisley.

With two equally blank stares Luke and Han looked at eachother then back to where the speeder had once been. Throwing his arms up in the air Han exclaimed. "Women!"

Leia and Mara sat in the baby's room sharing a good laugh over leaving the men. Smiling Mara said, "Luke won't be too happy."

Making a face as she took a drink of her tea Leia told her. "Han won't be either. Let them be upset if they can't take a prank." Setting down her tea she looked around the room. "The room looks great, Mara." She observed. "Very much a girl's room."

Mara smiled. "Yeah," taking one of the stuff creatures into her hands. "It took us awhile to finish but I think we are ready." Leia smiled at Mara. Knowing the double meaning behind those words. "I don't know Leia, do you think we'll be good parents?"

"I do," Leia told her. "You two have been trying so hard for this. You'll be fine, you'll see." There was a definite look of concern on Mara's face. "Why? Do you not think you'll be a good mother, Mara?"

"I don't know." Mara said stroking her belly. "I'm just nervous," placing her hands on her belly she continued, "something doesn't feel right to me. I just don't know what it is."

Leia became concerned. "Have you seen a healer lately Mara?"

Mara nodded, "yes of course. Just last week in fact, they said the baby is perfectly healthy." Shaking it off she smiled. "I'm just nervous about the big day I guess," Mara laughed taking a drink of her water. "Just got the jitters that's all."

Leia smiled softly, her concern still there. "It'll be fine Mara, just you wait and see."

The front door opened and Han followed by Luke came into the home. Mara snickered and hollered. "Good to see you two found your way home!" Leia laughed and grinned at Mara. "We were getting concerned! What took you two so long to get home?"

"Oh we had some speeder problems." Luke said dryly looking at Han. "How did you ladies fair getting home?"

"Oh everything went just fine." Leia said as Mara lost it. "We didn't have any problems at all!"

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Ohhhh

I LOVED the line about Luke missing his other hand Clasic Mara... very nice. . . muy bueno

(there positive comments for you. . . )

The prank the girls played was also clasic

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    hey nice fic.

I also loved the line about Luke losing his hand LOL :D That does sound like somethin Mara would say.

Great fic.Keep it coming.

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    See it's not that bad!

9. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Thanks for the comments Mat!

10. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
  11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I like how Leia and Mara are friends, and tease their husbands.

12. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Thanks, at least some are reading. :(

13. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    hey i'm here! i read! it was great!

i love the characterization...and the banter between mara and luke. :[face_sigh]: those are precious moments :)

and han and luke at the end of the last post were just great. you have a really nice balance of humor and seriousness(such as the mara/leia scene)...keep up the great work!

don't worry about your readers. there are ALWAYS lurkers--its a well proven fact because sometime down the road someone will pop in and say "i'm coming out of lurk mode..." ;)

a few tips on getting more readers? perhaps if you add "(L/M NJO fic)" or something to the likes of that to your title. then all the l/m fans will know that this is a fic for them to read. also, many ppl probably don't know what Nadyezhda means(i know i didn't) and that might be a discouraging factor. the l/m tag will help with that :) i hope that helps a bit!

more?

14. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Thank you Vegere!

15. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Well, a lurker is replying. :)

I just found this fic--and it looks great so far. I too especially liked Mara's little comment about Luke's hand.

Keep up the good work--I'll be watching for more! :D

Up.

16. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't know how I missed this story.It's great I'm glad I found it.Keep it coming.I hope nothing is wrong with the baby.
    Can't wait for more.
    Jedi blue,

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I like it, Renton Kenobi!

Nice start!

18. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I just found this and I like where this story is heading. You mix both playful humor and twinges of foreshadowing complications well together. Neither one is dominating over the other- creating a well balanced story line!

Hope to see more soon!

:)

19. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    WOW! :eek: Where did all the readers come from? *LOOKS AROUND* YEAH! I work on post now! :)

20. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Hurry up! :)

21. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    yes! hurry! :D

22. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Up. How's it coming?

23. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000

Decorations in various shades of pink covered the inside of the Skywalker's home. Mara sat in a chair as Leia decorated the house for the baby shower. Looking helplessly at Leia, Mara frowned. "Leia, why not let me help you? I feel lazy just sitting here."

Smiling warmly at Mara, Leia replied. "It's okay Mara you rest, when the other guest arrive you'll need all the strength you've got." Mara rolled her eyes and slumped back further into the chair. Wasn't that the understatement of all time. "So why not just kick back there and I'll get this done. I'm almost finished anyway."

"Sure." Mara took a sip of water and felt her daughter shift in her stomach before she settled down once again. Taking her hand she stroked her belly gently and smiled. "You should rest up as well little one."

Leia smiled at Mara talking to her unborn child. "Have you named her yet Mara?"

Smiling softly she told Leia, "Her name is Nadyezhda."

Grinning Leia joked. "Well isn't that a mouthful." Mara gave her a look, not knowing whether she should be upset or amused.

"We're going to call her Nady for short." Mara continued keeping her hands on her belly. "The meaning of Nadyezhda is hope."

Leia smiled and commented. "That's very fitting." Tying off the last of the balloons she sat down next to Mara. "Who came up with it?"

Smiling softly Mara told her, "Luke did. He wasn't up for any other choice, he wanted Nadyezhda and there wasn't any way he was going to change his mind."

Leia smiled. "That's Luke for you."

As the other women came Luke came to Mara and knelt down in front of her. "Han and I are going to go out." Kissing her hand he smiled. "You behave and be polite to the guests, I want no threats to be made."

Grinning Mara told him, "Oh comon now, it wouldn't be me." He gave her that look and she sighed. "Okay fine, I promise I'll behave. But if one too many touch my stomach I won't be able to keep that promise."

Leaning up and kissing her Luke grinned, "that's my girl." Luke caught up with Han and they left as the other women came and smiled, chatting a mile a minute.

"Hi Mara," it was Lia, a former student of hers. Mara went to stand and Lia motioned her to sit back down. "I'll sit, you look bored."

Laughing Mara told her. "You don't know that half of it." Hugging her she smiled. "It's so good to see you again Lia, how have you been?" Lia shrugged and took a swig of her water given to her by Leia. "Where are you located at now?"

"Naboo, a farmer dispute. Nothing major." Lia explained, holding out a box. "This is for the baby."

Mara smiled. "It wasn't necessary." Mara opened the gift, holding it up she smiled. "It's beautiful Lia." It was a music box that played a beautiful lullaby. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, I saw it and just knew I had to get it." Lia told her. She looked to the crowd and wrinkled her nose. "Now I know this wasn't your idea Mara, Leia conned you into this didn't she?" Laughing Mara nodded. "Well it isn't your style anyway."

Mara smiled. "It's great to have you back Lia."

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    cool~! Great stuff Renton!!

(can I do a shameless plugg . . . . please???)

25. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Go right ahead :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.