Nal Hutta Model and Image.

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by MKane, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKane Jedi Master

star 4
    First, Thanks for the help with the Nal Hutta reference. I ended up doing the model and Texture maps for the planet since I could find none, and here's what I ended up with .

[image=http://www.kanefilms.com/nalhutta.jpg]

Nal hutta is a stip mined, polluted, and exploited world courtesy of the hutts. So I used brown desolate landscapes with spotted greenery. I envisioned heavy clouds polluted with metallic particles so I gave then highly reflective properties. The oceans are this blue-brown sludge water. The landscape is filled with runnoff canals and dumping grounds. I organized poulation based on cities by the coast and along transportation lines cris crossing the continents. I left large areas unpopulated since the poluution prbably made some areas uninhabitable.

Anyway Thats it. I used my imagination since I could find no other artists rendition of Nal Hutta.

The surface maps are originals. I used the cloud map from the courascant model from this site.

I'd be happy to provide the model to the site if you'd have it.

2. Olen_Garn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very impressive, but did you make a bump map for the surface?

-Olen
  3. MKane Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, Yes I did. I think the image is one of the low areas however. I did created mountain areas where I imagined different continental plates merging together.

4. lolleader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very cool.

I'd put the cloud sphere much closer to the planet sphere however. The cloud "shadows" wouldn't be visibly apparent unless the clouds were very high off the ground.

Also, the atmospheric "glow" is a little intense.
  5. MKane Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I purposely upped the speculars on the atmosphere and clouds because I pictured a planet with very high concentrations of metallic-like air borne garbage because of the pollutants.

Opinions?
  6. InvidShocktrooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looks good but I would drop the atmosphere a little as it seems too high off the surface to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.