main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Name and Signature

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nightsun, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    Well what does your name mean and any significance to your signature.

Nightsun= Shines bright like the sun at night.

Sig=just some thoughts I had the day I was doing my thingamabobber. 2 of them I was trying to sound like a jedi master, and one was just to put a little play into it.

Nightsun

2. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    well my name i got back when i got on the computer for the first time and was setting up an email account and i wanted something that was star wars so i thought about it and xwing came to mind then i think i was 25 when i started ,so i was born again on the computer as xwing25 ,i decided that it was a good name to keep and i use it everywere i can so that people know it's me ,as for my sig it is self xplaned

3. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    My name, well, it means whatever you want it to mean. Lets keep it at that.

My sig, i change it from time to time, so right now it is Bill Hicks quotes. He was a hillarious comedian/philosopher. I highly recommend his stuff.

4. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    What can I say? I'm a huge Fett fan and I thought FettsBounty sounded cool so that became my board name :)

My sig? Just a couple of altered quotes from Jango and Zam.

-Austin

5. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Um, let's see:

My User Name: I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic, I am in love with Aragorn, and I look a bit like Arwen. I really like her character, too (even more so since I started going by this name ? she's "my" character, if you know what I mean!).

Oh, and I think the Jedi rock. And I like Jedi Galadriel's fanfic, so I based my name on her's.

My sig: It changes a lot from time to time, so I'll just explain what's in it... for now. First of all, since I'd like people to call me Arwen, and since I wanted people to know which Arwen I "was" (I think there was a fanfic character named Arwen), I put in the ~Arwen Undómiel~ part.
    Then I put in a traditional Elvish greeting: Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo (A star shines upon the hour of our meeting). I am learning Elvish, so I couldn't pass it up.
    Then I have a link to the repost of Rabé's Journal, I fanfic I wrote. This got almost no replies and I was really unhappy. :( The first time I posted it I got tons of replies! So please read it if you want! ;)
    Last but not least, I put in my lightsaber.

So there you go!

6. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    As mentioned in a previous post, I figured Rick 'n Brad's presentation of "You might be a redneck Jedi if..." was a pretty good inspiration for my handle. I like to find humor in any given situation, provided it's tactful.

Though my neck may become sunburned in the summertime, I don't cruise around with a gun rack in my truck and have an unnatural fetish for Confederate flags. I just think it's funny... and apparently so do other people who have beat me to that name on other userid-driven and e-mail sites.

My current signature was something a co-worker had as his e-mail signature. I love that kind of humor. I'm also a big fan of The Onion, which is kind of along that line.

7. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Starfig = STAR Wars FIGures. :) Some have speculated that it's short for Starfighter, not true. :p
    873 = a totally random number. It does roll of the tongue though, don't you agree?

My sig: I watch alot of cartoons, that's for sure. I was lucky enough to catch a wonderful show some time ago called Project G.eeK.eR. Noah, a intelligent, cap wearing T-Rex would often point out the obvious with this quote. :)

8. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    My name:

Well, it all started one October night when I was signing up for AOL (I was rather young at the time; still succeptable to AOL's brainwashing techniques. While I don't totally regret it, for I wouldn't be the computer-nerd I am today, I am a bit ashamed to say I was once an AOLer. [No offense to you other AOLers out there.]) Anywho:

PEZ: I've been a collecter all my life (all because of those darned Happy Meals :p). I've always liked PEZ. They're small, cheap, and fun to hunt (not to mention a heckofalot cheaper than Beanie Babies or Pokémon cards).

man: Should be pretty self explanitory. ;)

4: Favorite number.

In recent years, though, I haven't really kept up the PEZ thing. Ever since I really got into Star Wars (about 3 years, now), I've been getting more Star Wars stuff instead.

And my sig, well, I changes from time to time, and at the moment, it isn't all that great. I'll go ahead and explain it though.

(My icon was deleted. :mad: So I shall stick with this until the Ozzel icon is returned.)
    "I have a bad feeling about this." ? Shaggy Rogers, "Scooby Doo" (the movie)
    Check out my timeline, planet & species lists, and more at http://pezman4.cjb.net/

The first part shows my displeasure with the JC staff for deleting my Ozzel icon and shows my stubbornness. The second part is just a cool quote from the new Scooby Doo moive. :p And the last part is a plug for my site, which I work on in my spare time.

9. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    Well, I'm neither "Silent" nor a "Jedi", but I am an incredible smartass. I guess my login is my alter ego, or my "good" twin. (I'm definitely the evil one [face_devil] )

The "Silent" part is truly in contrast to the real me--I'm an extremely loud person, or so my friends and family would have you believe. The "Jedi" part....well eventhough I am a pain in the ass, I still believe in doing the right thing, even if it is say...unconventional. ;)

My sig changes, but I am a trained chemist (read: two degrees but currently not employed in that field) so I love those quirky, geeky science quotes.

Side note: Arwen, I love the lightsaber--very cool. I do read the fan fiction here, but only H/L stuff, but when I get a chance I will check yours out, I promise. I write H/L stuff too, but none of it is appropiate for these boards!

For all you Edmond/OKC peeps, I have a Star Wars related license plate (I'm not telling!), so if you see it lemme know. It's not some obscure reference, but only real fans will recognize it!

10. Phil-The-Fan

Phil-The-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, my name means that I'm a fan, and Phil is a random name that I chose, and My sig explains that.

11. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Thanks Silent Jedi (would SJ work? ;) )

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, I imagined Bart as a Sith Lord and here I am.

Signature- Well, part is a CPU joke about the Dick and Jane learners books. Part is RPG. And the other part is my celebrating OU football.

13. I-AM-FETT

I-AM-FETT Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Well i am the biggest fett fan and i like star wars lots so it fits, and my siggy just some thoughts everyone should keep in mind.

14. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    A friend called me Darth Walls because it rhymed with Darth Maul. Even though Vader is my fav,it sounded cool, so I kept it.

My sigs, quotes from the man himself.

15. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Back when I wrote fanfic (oh, some 20 years ago...gads that sounds like a long time) Reihla Organa was a sister of Leia's. She was Bail Organa's real daughter and a year or two older than Leia. I've used the name for so many things over the years: e-mail, laser tag handle, etc. that it just seemed the most appropriate thing for me to use here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.