main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Name change

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DoubleAgent, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    DoubleAgent, the FanForce member formerly known as DarthPhelps.

I was becoming dissatisfied with my old name, and re-registered as DoubleAgent. Why? It occured to me over the weekend that it would have more meaning due to the fact that I am trying to maintain contact with both the Detroit and Saginaw groups. I thought I would use this name for the Fan Force boards on TheForce.net, and continue to use DarthPhelps for the others. Now...can I change the 'Yahoo Groups' name?

I hope this isn't too confusing or annoying. "Hey, it's me!"

Whaddya think? I thought it would be ok if I make the change early, while the group is yet in it's infancy.

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Works for me. :)

3. DoubleAgent

Apr 15, 2002
    Is there any way to change my name in the Yahoo Groups to the new name (or closest equivalent)? I looked around the edit profile and the best I could do is change info under the DarthPhelps name. Would I have to create a new Yahoo profile entirely, and have it accepted into the R2Detroit group?? I would hate to go through all that trouble, unless the gatekeeper of the Group wouldn't mind...
    :D

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    The only thing you can change is the "name" that appears on your out-going e-mail from Yahoo. To do that, you need to select "Options" when you go into Yahoo Mail and then click on "Mail Preferences" and change the 1st slot.

Otherwise, you'll have to create a new account to get the new Yahoo ID.

Sucks, I know...but what'cha gonna do ehh?

5. DoubleAgent

Apr 15, 2002
    Okay, I just made up a new Yahoo name of doubleagent_jedi. I'm going to try to get it into the Groups thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.