main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Name ideas for the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I hope it doesn't have some cheesy title like AOTC.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think it will.

3. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Star Wars: Attack of the Empire
    OR
    Star Wars: Attack of the Rebels

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe Lucasfilms could make a contest for the name of the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series which ever fan they think has the best name that is the name they use for it.

5. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    If they went with "Dark Times," some moron might confuse it with the 1970's sitcom "Good Times."

"Rise of the Empire" was a title already kicked around for Ep. III, so why not use it for the TV show? It will also follow ROTS nicely in a timeline. First, the Sith have their revenge and from that, the Empire rises.

Other possible titles include:

IF THE SHOW IS FAMILY FRIENDLY --
    The Wookie Ate My Cookie
    Jar Jar's Big Adventures

IF THE SHOW IS DARK --
    CSI: Coruscant
    Law & Order: Rebellious Intent

IF THE SHOW IS ON FOOD NETWORK --
    Darth Vader's Deep Fried Cooking Show

IF THE SHOW IS ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL --
    Hannity & Vader
    The O'bi-Wan Factor

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think they would confuse the title with "Good Times" and I already know how the good make a teaser trailer. They just have to use the clip of Obi-Wan saying "before the dark times before the Empire" to Luke in ANH then after the clip in big bold yellow letters it can say Star Wars:The Dark Times coming soon.

7. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I gotta go with Star Wars: The Dark Times. That's what Obi-Wan called the period of time during which the show would take place. I wouldn't call it Rise of the Empire for 2 reasons. It's too wordy, and it's too similar to ROTJ and ROTS. The bad guys already got a "R-word of the faction" style title. The Dark Times is perfect.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm glad you agree and I think they should start a contest on whoever comes up with the best name they use it.

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Reven must have posted half the comments on this thread [face_peace]

But it is worth it for a title that good.

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well that's because I created the thread.

11. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Star Wars Meltdown. Random is'nt it and so is this.[face_whistling]

12. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    SOMEONE: I dunno, I think "Rise of the Empire is pretty good".
    RevantheJediMaster: No you don't get it. Star Wars : The Dark Times.
    SOMEONE: No I know it's a nice idea, but Rise of the Emp-
    RevantheJediMaster: It's based on Obi-Wan's line. 'before the dark times, before the empire'. Star Wars : The Dark Times.
    SOMEONE: I get it. It's great, but how about-
    RevantheJediMaster: Dark Times.
    SOMEONE: Hey I thought of another one, how about-
    RevantheJediMaster: Obi-Wan's line? 'Before the dark times, before the Empire'. Star Wars : The Dark Times.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ^Is that what passes for humor where you're from? Let's face it, Star Wars has enough "action of the faction" titles. You have Return of the Jedi, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith; not to mention that the Empire has ALREADY RISEN!! The show will not be about the rise of the Empire. ROTS was about the rise of the Empire. The show takes place during a time specifically named by a major character, so it makes sense to use that, especially since it doesn't follow the old "action of the faction" pattern.

BTW, I thought The Dark Times (or just Dark Times) was the perfect title long before I read that RevantheJediMaster thought it was a good title also.

What are you ideas, Count?

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't care it was just a joke and I have to admit I was really carried away with the title Star Wars:The Dark Times. You made a good point though about that the Empire has already risen in ROTS

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Actually it Rise of the Empire is about the start of the Empire and how it maintained it's power during that time which would be perfect for the t.v. series during the time between ROTS - ANH.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Actually the Empire has already risen in ROTS and also what would sound better for the novels inbetween ROTS and ANH a Dark Times novel or a Rise of the Empire novel.

17. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Take your hand off it jangoisadrunk, he knew I was kidding (even PM'd each other to make sure of it... etcetera). And besides, The Dark Times is a fine title. I'd go with it.
    Besides, it wasn't (strictly speaking) my idea of humour, I was just mimicking the 1st page. Let's be honest though, the funniest things are the ones with an element of truth to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.