main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Name of a Jedi Training World?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lindgold, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindgold

Lindgold Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey, all.

I need the name of a Jedi Training world, for use in a film set after TPM, but before AOTC.

After a little research (Google is your friend!), I found the name 'Dantooine'. First mentioned by Princess L. in ANH, it has also been mentioned in many texts as being used as a Training World for Jedi in ancient times.

This sounds good enough for me. That is, unless anyone has info to the contrary.

I know, a trivial, niggling little detail... but, it's all in the details, right?

- Lindgold.

2. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I would say Coruscant ;)

3. Lindgold

Lindgold Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2000
    Doh! Should have mentioned... it has to be someplace other than Coruscant. That's the way the situation is set up.

Otherwise I _would_ use Coruscant... :)

-Lindgold.

4. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Inla is a good name ;) At least, that's the name of our training center in COTS :D

5. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Dantooine.

6. GarenLiLorian

GarenLiLorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    there's the "Chu'unthor" if you're into EU. It's a Jedi Academy starship that travels from world to world collecting Force potentials. See "Courtship of Princess Leia" if you're interested

7. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Unforunately that ship crashed some 400 years prior to the events in the films, and according to Lindgold's post his film is going to take place after TPM but before AOTC.

There's also Ossus, supposedly the original homeworld of the Jedi, but that system went supernova 4,000 years prior to the films from some Sith attack.
    *sigh*
    It seems as if someone is always crashing the Jedi's pad.

8. KillerBobBarker

KillerBobBarker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    There are those Jedi temples on that thing... I think the moon of yavin...

Well, at least Jedi are training there in the book I am reading (which is about 10 years after Return of the Jedi).

9. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Ooo, sorry, Bob, but those are Sith temples inhabited by Exar Kun. See the Jedi Academy trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson and the I, Jedi "sidestory" section (first half of the book) by Michael A. Stackpole.

And sorry if I ruined the suspense, but basically, it's not a Jedi Friendly place.

10. KillerBobBarker

KillerBobBarker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Well I am reading "I, Jedi"... and I do not know if you just ruined the book for me. I know about Exar Kunn and everything... just do not say anything further and I will be happy. :)

11. AdamtheTerrible

AdamtheTerrible Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    If you want to stay with the continutity, the only place during the prequel times of Starwars that Jedi were trained at was Coruscant. there wasn't any other big officcal jedi training place. a master could have taken his padawan to anothe rplanet for some special learning or tests though, seems possible.

12. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    call it Las Vegas. it's similar to Coruscant, with flashing lights and lots of buildings, and its a pretty seedy place, just like coruscant. hell, they're pretty much identical.

13. steveskywalker

steveskywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Well, technically, yes the sith did invade Ossus. But, if you read the Dark Empire II series, you would see that Luke and his Jedi Partner(can't remember name) went to Ossus and retrieved ancient Holobooks and Holocrons. And that was way after the classic trilogy.

*Sorry if I sounded a little mean. :) Just tryin' to get the point acrossed. Like he said, "It's all in the details."

14. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    From starwars.com:

"When not on Coruscant, Yaddle resided at the Jedi training center at Kamparas, offering important lessons to initiates in the order."

15. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Here are some random names that I will think of right.....now:

Planet...
    Gorlaasko
    Norbhammer
    Dweezpot
    Forlahn
    Crizmack
    Wendahl
    Triglopalvazmilk
    Razpazapentillahn
    Monoxidill (oh wait...)
    Ho
    Peachmanky
    Grigwiler
    Clort
    Epilos
    Dorf
    Haaaaaag
    Cigbocks
    Aweo
    Ges
    Vindahn
    Fagmailion
    D'wet
    Boasil
    Quindaf
    Kanyol
    Ffffffp
    Sebon
    Ostol

That's just a small portion of the vast number of incredibly stupid names that no one will ever use. Actually, some of those are pretty cool. Oh, and I do realize that I ,in fact, need metal help.

Your welcome in advance,
    Da Darth

16. Starbux

Starbux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    What about Ossus? It's in the comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.