main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Name/ Slogan Ideas

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    anybody have any name and or slogan ideas they wanna contribute...ImperialRecruter had something started at the meeting....

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I liked ImperialRecruter's idea, that's pretty much what I had in mind before the meeting (the flying pig thing)... but maybe not in the slave bikini ;)

3. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    you know what's kinda funny about this...the people who didn't show up to the meeting are kinda clueless...makes them wish they had gone. Maybe that will help are numbers go up even more next time!

what can we do around the flying pig thing, with our without the bikini? there are sooo many possibilities!

4. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah either or is fine. Another we thought of is Pig StarWars Characters. Call it "Pig Wars". I laugh when I think of A Pig Vader and Bobba Fett.

Edit: Another idea that came to mind going on WW2 nose art was turning and X-wing into a "flying pig". If you've every seen the A-10's they nicked named it the Warthog, and then painted it like one. I'm trying get you all some pictures to show you what exactly I mean.

I also thought of a flying pig flying at you, hoofs out wearing a X-Wing Pilots flight suit and helmet, then on the back, we have the back end of the pig in the flight suit with the tail and his back hooves. Like those cat shirts from a few years ago. With them walking at you and them walking away. Kinda of a coming and going thing.

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    that's funny...in sociology class a few years ago i started a collection of glorified stick figure drawings called Farm Wars... They were all from the then new movie (phantom menace). I had Obi-Wan Cow-Nobie, Pig Maul, Anakid Skywalker (a goat) and a few others...i'll have to find the notebook whith all the drawings in it... They were funny

6. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    what about a Gamorrean guard with wings???? The Cincinnati Flying Pig Guards

7. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    *nods* I had thought of that too!! *laughs* I can only imagine it trying to fly!

Lotus!

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    LOL, yeah, that's a good one, flying gamorreans :) :)

9. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    *laughs* Imps just said, they say with the A-10 groups that their "Hawg Wild!" *laughs*

10. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Pictures of the warthogs the A-10 squads use, so you can tell what I'm talking about. I can't find any of the planes painted, but I'm still lookin'.

http://www.geocities.com/cincyfanforce/shirt/104fs.jpg

I thought of taking this idea and turning it into a Stormtrooper Pig/Hawg.

11. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    the empire doesn't like non human races, how about an x wing pilot...with wings....double flying pig...

12. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah, but they used a lot of Non-Human races for other stuff. Plus this is our shirts, and it's a spoof, so the rules don't really apply.

13. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
  14. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Ok, I'll jump in, even though I still have no idea what you're talking about. ;) I like the idea of the flying guard. It's a nice play on the Cincinnati flying pig with a Star Wars twist. Do we have any artists in attendance?

15. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Let's try to keep in mind that unless we've decided not to have a picture on the shirt, whatever we agree on has to be something I can draw up. Unless of course, someone else can crank out a drawing or two.

I'd also need some time to work on the drawings. The more info I've got to go on, the better the drawing will be. If you've got a concept, please e-mail me ALL (I repeat... ALL) the details you can think of to help me out.

imperialrecruiter@death-star.com

Last chance for ideas to be submitted if we want to get shirts done by convention time would have to be the next meeting. That way I can, hopefully, have everything ready for the third meeting.

I've already got one idea drawn up and a couple of others floating like free atoms in my brain. They're starting to come together.

16. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I had an idea for a picture related T-shirt:

I was thinking about getting some pipe cleaner and some shimmery fabric and making some Halloween style angel wings for my vintage gamorean guard and doing a "portrait session" with it like that...maybe try and pose it like on one foot with the other back to look like one of the pig statues from a couple years back...

17. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Hmmm, A Flying Gamoreon Guard photo shoot. Now that's an idea. That would also be a great way to show an idea you'd like to see turned into a cartoon drawing for the shirt.

The nice thing is, whatever is chosen would be what the group likes. Who knows what everyone will come up with?

18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey, once we choose the logo and slogan, why don't we get bumper stickers for our cars, I think that would be a neat idea!! :)

19. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    or window stickers...the static kind...that would be cool too...I saw inkjet static sticker printer "paper" the other day at walmart....

20. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    The static paper works really good for good clear windows, but if you've got any kind of tint to your windows it doesn't show through. I tried it with some statics that I got for the band Iron Maiden on my blazer. They looked great from the inside in the rearview mirror, but from outside they were almost invisible.

I like the bumpersticker idea, but I can also see the advantage of the clings. With the clings, you don't have to part with them if you get a new car.

Lotus mentioned magnets to Ludo, I know, so I'll throw it out for everyone. "bumpersticker" magnets. You can put it on your car. If you're worried about them getting stolen or scratched up by small minded people, they can be tossed in the car. You can put them anywhere on your car for ease of viewing. And if you get a new car, you don't loose it!

21. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    What about the "Cincy Knights"? I know
    the Indianapolis chapter is named "Indy Knight". Sounds ok to me or maybe the "Cincy Rebels" or even "Cincy Squadron"?

22. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Cincy Squadon: The Flying Pig Guards

or what about some sort of pigs in space tie in

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    What everybody should do, is either to make a drawing of a logo for the group, or try to think of a name, so we can have choices and proceed to a vote, what do you guys think?

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If someone wouldn't mind explaining this flying pig thing...you've got my curiosity all twisted around trying to figure it out. lol

This might be (and probably will be) lame, but there's always the Cincinnati Reds Squadron...I like the flying Gamorean Guard better, I just don't understand it.

Edit:
    Scratch that, you don't want to get into legal troubles with Major League Baseball...despite saying they are loosing money and need to cut teams, they seem to still have enough to pay for their lawyers.

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Cincinnati had a very large group of German settlers back in the days, and they used to have a lot of butchers in that city. It is even said that the streets could be red of the blood of all the pigs they killed in Cincy. Anyways, since then, the flying pig became the "emblem" of the city (we even had flying pig statues a couple of years ago that business owners could paint and customize to display in the streets, the most disturbing ones as far as I can remember were a pig in nylons and a Pikachu-pig :D). That's why many of us thought about the flying gamorrean guard as a cool Star Wars "piggy" theme for the Cincy Fanforce, unless we just stick with a regular pinkish flying piggy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.