main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Name that starfighter!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Moridin, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Sorry. :(

I guess its like all those weird, artistly licencsed Star Destroyers and stuff in Dark Empire.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'll post my thought again:

According to Pop Mahn, the JQ illustrator, in an interview, "I was given a lot of room with the likenesses. At first I toyed with the idea of doing the likenesses, but then I saw what other creators were doing with the license. There really is no pressure to do the likenesses at all." So it's probably his version of the Jedi Starfighter.

However, according to the novel, it's a "transport on loan from the Senate."

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Moridin did ask if it was a precursor to the Jedi starfighter that's suppose to appear in AotC, not if it was that starfighter. As such, it's possible that it could be. Yet it could also be a mere two person transport.

4. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Mastadge, I saw your post the first time, but to be honest I think it's way too different to be the Jedi Starfighter.

This is something that kinda bugs me about the comics, though; while they do a great job of expanding the universe, artists just draw new stuff and toss it in the background without really caring about the little details, like what the heck this ship is. In truth, they don't really HAVE to care, but I certainly do. (must....create....RPG...stats...for...everything)

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    It's a Hhorrseshewcraab Star fighter, designed by the mon calimari, ;). Very populer as a jedi transport, ;).

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I guess the DH webboards gave name for that transport now.

7. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Link...

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Dave explains it all here

9. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
  10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    And so the mystery has been solved. Now to figure out where we mere humans can get one.

11. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Well, I got an answer. Too bad there's no meat to it. Ah, well, time to flex those creative muscles.

For the lazy, here's Dave's response: "That is the "Feeg Liat" a one of a kind transport ship designed by Jedi Quest artist Pop Mhan!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.