main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC NAME YOUR FAVORITE

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Feb 6, 2016.

1. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    I don't know the linguistics of it. It just makes for happier words. So like there's too much negativity in the world, but I bet people would say there's not enough megativity in the world because megativity sounds awesome.

EHT, AmySolo, Sarge and 6 others like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    My cat, called Cookie.

Debo and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  3. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    It certainly puts a different spin on nacho night.

Ender Sai, FatBurt and jp-30 like this.
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Not exactly this, but when kids mispronounce words, like chimbley instead of chimney, or mustachio instead of pistachio

AmySolo likes this.
  5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I can deal with kids who say chimbley but adults who say hospikal or bokkle should be shot.

My favourites are my missus and kids.
    Rum.
    Guinness

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  7. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    June 15th, 1999.

That's my favorite day. For our family vacation that year we went camping on a lake. We rented canoes. There was an island a small distance from our site and my dad let me and my older brother and sister take one of the canoes to put up a tent and sleep on the island. It was the last time either of them included me in anything they did, but I didn't know that at the time. All I knew was I was looking at the perfectly clear, starry sky, and everything was perfect.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Dodger Stadium, but specifically these sections: 163 loge, 305/307 left field pavilion, 308-310 right field pavilion, 53 field level, 1/12 top deck; Camel cigarettes; Habibi's Cafe in Westwood, specifically Sharif, a worker there who always hooks me & my friends up with discounts/free stuff; Staples Center, but specifically these sections: upper level 301, row 1; lower level section 107, row C; the section of the 101 freeway as it exits the Cahuenga Pass into the L.A. Basin; Melody's Mexican Restaurant; the JC; Brent's Deli; Casa Magna, Cohiba & Manacudo cigars; October; vanilla-flavored food & drink items; mini-golf; Howard Stern; 90's on 9 on Sirius XM (among other non-Stern stations); The John & Ken Show on KFI AM 640; Ice Cube; June 17th, 2010.

I left out a few things. :p

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    1973 gold and black Challenger

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    picking my youngest son up from swim practice and listening to him run down the day's review of swimmer gossip
    texting with my oldest son, because that's the only way to communicate with him
    dinner out with my wife, which happens more often now that the 12 year old's social life is getting more complicated
    volunteering for community projects (challenging a pool anti-funding referendum petition!)
    being surprised by an original book or movie
    lately: baking bread!

yesterday: [​IMG]

11. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Walking down the street and seeing a random cat. That always makes my day better.

Debo likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Darth Guy.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Running, swimming, hiking, biking, vanilla coffee, Cabernet Sauvignon, a good stout on tap, margaritas, steak, Mediterranean food, Thai food, books, Lego games on the Xbox, hanging out with my kids, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Carolina Panthers football, Cam Newton's end zone dances, Charlotte Hornets basketball, Charlotte Knights baseball, UNC Tarheels playing anything, 80s music, 80s movies, JCC disaster threads, old Bud Lite commercials, fart jokes, trees and Bernie Sanders.

I am the most positive person here.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Quitbie Shaming

Debo, Sarge, Boba Nekhbet and 2 others like this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    When my 1 year old daughter tries to say Yoda and the way she says baby. Also her smile and her laugh.

Oh and warm summer days at Wrigley Field.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Star Wars

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    getting songs stuck in my head is not my favorite!!!!

FatBurt and mavjade like this.
  20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I made bacon wrapped jalapeƱo poppers for the sports today and I think they might be a potential fav

21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    My cookie, called Cat.

AmySolo likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Depends on the song for me. :p

Healer_Leona likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Linden Boulevard represent, represent-sent.

I also like mid-90s hip hop.

I like when Wocky struggles to interact with people and sends a string of complicated binary back to his alien overlords, so they may better understand these complex human creatures (and calibrate Wocky some more so he appears to learn).

I like it most though when it rains heavily. Like the sky is a dark, angry grey and the rain is falling in sheets and you just pop on the opening titles from Vangelis' Blade Runner soundtrack.

I like my cousin's Bernese mountain dog Barney, I feel like he and tom would make incredible albums together. In fact I like dogs, but not small dogs, who usually look like they know I'm judging them. Give me a good solid Labrador any day.

24. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    PCCViking

Oh and the smell of freshly washed sheet's.

25. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    wine. dog. fresh air. friends. having **** organised well. baking, tho i'm no good at it and it sometimes tastes awful, but the process is fun. walking. thinking about starting exercising but never doing it. trying new foods and drinks. watching drunk people perform their mating dance. putting on new socks. touching dogs snouts. crossing things off lists. going to bed and not having to set the alarm.