main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [namedrops] Anniversary thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by soitscometothis, Jul 10, 2016.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I don't normally take any notice of anniversaries, however tonight the forumbot has informed me it's my 13 anniversary and I've been drinking, so...

I'm pretty antisocial and generally rebuff any attempts to chat to me over PM, so if you feel I've snubbed you in this way in the past, you are not special, I treat everybody here that way. Consequently I'm not part of a clique and don't have any close friends here. Rest assured that does not mean I will not do namedrops, however.

Namedrops:

JTS: probably the only poster here who might recognise my new avatar is from the Davis/Moore Captain Britain strip, your knowledge of comics and crappy genre films is always a blessing. Never one to let compassion or good taste get in the way of being funny. Strangely, though I have had many dreams involving JCC members (none sexual, I always assume you guys are all hideous), you have only appeared once: you were about two foot tall, blue, and funny looking. Probably my subconscious combined your Sebulba and your Aaron Paul avatars. Still, very unflattering, needed to share that with you.

jp-30: another JCC Comic Book Cover Theatre contributor. Always appreciate your knowledge of music, plus I've always found you funny. You contribute a lot to the forum, imo.

solojones: back when I first signed up you were one of the first people to actually reply to posts I made rather than simply ignoring them. Thank you. Back when the JCC was a scary place and all newbies had to be afraid of ASO or ASG (whoever he/she really was) ripping their posts to shreds, you made the JCC a friendlier place.

Tom: you're just kind of cool and nice. Always glad to see you posting.

Orphelia: first encountered you in the lighsabre-styles thread in another forum, always love your JCC posts, few and far between as they are. Post more. Also, thank you for your sympathy when my mother was dying, it was appreciated.

G-FETT: also someone who was really nice when I lost my mother, thank you.

Harpua: one of the only people on this forum to remember the musical force that was Nik Kershaw (iirc); also responsible for prodding me to do the odd comic cover.

Jello: don't normally interact with you but you're a good mod and a good poster.

Ender Sai: I cringe at your anti-American posts the same way I used to cringe in the cinema listening to Roger Moore's 007 make double-entendres. You're big and blustering and ridiculous and often needlessly offensive. However, I'd hate to see you leave the forum as I think you add a lot to this place. You and DeboNerd need to get a room to talk about clothes, though; seriously. Don't do it in the Bond thread ever again.

KnightWriter: I don't always agree with you but you always wear your heart on your sleeve and never post to troll. You need to post more.

Rogue1-and-a-half: your posts are always interesting, glad you're still posting.

Wocky: I know you scan anniversary threads for a mention of your name, so here it is. I still shudder with shame remembering how you took me over three pages arguing how Batman could take Wolverine in a fight. Ancient Egyptian brain-extracting techniques? Really? Grrr.

Lethargy is overtaking me so I'll just mention Kikki-Gonn, Rylo Ken, Healer-Leona, and Sarge as good posters I apparently can't be bothered to talk about. But you've got to be better than all the other guys I've snubbed, right?

Many of the remaining posters I've probably alienated due to offensive comic book covers at some time or other anyway, so you're special too.

I do wish I had contributed a bit more to the forum in the last two years; I've got several half-completed comic covers that never went anywhere, and a couple of preliminary drawings for a set of JCC Top Trumps which I abandoned rather than asking for advice/help with - perhaps in the future some of the creatives here should come together to do a joit project or something.

Anyway, thanks to everybody here. Even Juliet, who has killed so many great talents this year.

2. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i've always enjoyed your posts. keep it up.

soitscometothis likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I feel I'm needfully offensive.

<3

4. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Congratulations on an outstanding achievement.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Closing in on empty spaces
    Winners laugh too soon
    A paper world, with paper faces
    Beneath a paper moon

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Aww, I'm touched. Right about... here. No, look where I'm pointing, here!

[face_dunno]

But srsly, don't let the b******s grind you down. Us old farts need to keep these kids in line. And off our lawn.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    *sighs heavily and slowly, purposefully draws hanzō steel*

so, it's come to this...

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Great job, thanks for the kind words.

Also, this.

Kershaw actually withdrew from that bill, but I did see him play solo acoustic at a small bar in Auckland in 2013.

harpua likes this.
  9. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    hello hi, we've been here for like the same amount of time but i'm pretty sure we've never actually interacted (which is weird!) so hi

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

this except ive deffo made fun of your username a ton and i think you've told me to **** off a few times for various reasons not directly related to that

soitscometothis and hudzu like this.
  11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    itt world class bonding experience

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ender Sai and Rogue_Ten like this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I count it my greatest victory to have re-established the name-dropping tradition.

In any case, I remember that exact thread. I don't remember who we ended up saying might win, though.

Juliet316 and soitscometothis like this.
  14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Everybody lost.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Happy 13th, and lay off the moonshine

16. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Happy anniversary, soitcomestothis. I'm glad to see you're still around. [:D]

17. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I should have known you remember the guy. I seem to remember from televised live performances that his voice was really too weak for live shows, but I'm very fond of the Riddle as an album. Very 80s. Actually there was someone else here who knew him personally I think... perhaps Breezy? I'm getting old and get muddled up easily, and now I'm kind of wondering if I got Breezy and Harpua mixed up on that score.

Wolverine took it by several votes I think. But by that time people just wanted it over.

Thanks ophelia. I just want to say I totally spelled your username wrong in the op because of the drink, not because I couldn't remember it correctly.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Congrats on 13 years and the next to come! [:D]

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I always get you confused with timmoisanatheistlookatme at first for some reason until I read the post but no longer! Today, I will differentiate between two long user names!

20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    There's a drink called "Orphelia?" :p

21. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You're one of my favorites.... definitely underrated.

I only remember commissioning you to do the Meltdowners cover, but I know there's at least one other.

23. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    after your failure to get bernie the nomination, i suppose it's all you've got

Ender Sai likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Name drops is for tombstones.

25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The Meltdowners is the more memorable one, but I did one about the then upcoming Star Wars films.

harpua likes this.