main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Names [Leia, AU, one-shot]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Delight, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Posting this very old story to celebrate the new forum.
    Disclaimer: All is Great George's.

NAMES

If anyone were to tell a five-year-old Leia Organa that she was not really the Princess of Alderaan but a nameless daughter of a long dead Senator in the following year, she would have sworn her nightmares were here to get her again.

If anyone were to tell a nine-year-old Leia Amidala Naberrie that she would have to leave granddad and grandmum and all her friends in the Youth Legislature behind and follow that scary man in the armour to the capital world in the following year, she would have sworn never to read people with her special senses ever again.

If anyone were to tell a thirteen-year-old Leia Vader that she would become the youngest Senator in that ridiculous morass that called itself the Galactic Senate in the following year, she would have rolled her eyes and declared her complete disdain for politics, no matter who her mother was.

If anyone were to tell a sixteen-year-old Lady Vader that she would be abandoned to fight to within an inch of her life in the bowels of Korriban in the following year, she would have laughed scornfully and sent them to see Godfather dearest.

If anyone were to tell an eighteen-year-old Darth Fane that she would stay Tarkin’s trigger-happy finger against Alderaan in the following year, she would have personally thrown the person out of the airlock into the Death Star’s primary ignition beam.

If anyone were to tell a twenty-two year old Heir to the Throne that she would heed the Light Side’s call to protect her family and slay the Dark Master above the sanctuary moon of Endor in the following year, she would have torn out the person’s heart with nothing but the Force itself.

Yet here she was, Leia Skywalker, dressed in her sombre brown robes, standing upon the steps of the Great Gate of the Jedi Temple, announcing the reconvening the Galactic Senate, effectively bringing twenty-five years of civil war to a close.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    =D==D=

A wonderful AU! :)

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Nomen est omen! :D

Indeed a wonderful AU and play with names.

4. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Short, but powerful. I like the way you use different names to show the changes Leia is going through. Any chance we might get to see more from this universe?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Excellent use of names to illustrate the numerous periods in Leia's life. @};- To have gone through seven names in twenty-five years! How much Leia must have been shaken each time, and how much that galaxy has been through in the meantime!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I love how you went through all the different possibilties for Leia, and what directions her life went.

7. Sure_leia

Sure_leia Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2012
    I really enjoyed this piece. We got all of the Leias, Senator, Jedi, Dark. The way you used the names to convey her change was just perfect. Satisfying one shot.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello: Oh that was stunning! How you can make a one-shot feel like (and make me crave) an epic [face_laugh] -- such momentous personal and galactic changes going on at the same time and all bound up in name changes [face_thinking] I also think Dark!LUke and/or Leia fics are incredibly interesting ;) especially when there's a reversal back to Lightness. :D

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow, you told an epic story in 7 sentences!

10. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Very creative! Great way to show an AU. Well done!

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A very interesting look at how differently Leia could have turned out in many circumstances.

Wonderful job! I enjoyed this a great deal!

=D=

12. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    I like this! You should turn each little section into a one shot.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Thank you, Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2, Kelia_, Valiowk, Sara_Kenobi, Sure_leia, Jade_eyes, Alexis_Wingstar, Luna_Nightshade, mavjade, LoriLynn for your kind comments! @};- They are very much appreciated.

At this point in time, I do not plan to expand this one-shot beyond this, erm, one-shot as Lady Muse isn't treating me kindly. If inspiration strikes, I'll post expansions/follow-ups here. In the meantime, please feel free to adopt any of these plot bunnies if you wish to!