main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    When i first saw this I was like OooooO, cool. This is a really neat idea :) Is Ben born yet in this? will Anakin Skywalker get to see him? Ohhhhh, so many questions.

2. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    This is awsome. More, please.

3. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    loved it! I somewhat hope anakin kills palpatine...but then that would ruin all the fun in profic. lol I can just imagine what obi wans thinking right now...he he I hope anakin spills the beens on palpatine! that would be almost hilarious to see obi wans face at that news. lol can't wait for the next bit! hurry! please? [face_batting]

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    As good as ever. That was a very imaginative story seed, and it is very well exploited.

Poor Anakin. I guess carrying the title of Jedi Knight does not make you capable of stifling your emotions and present a polite face to an arch-enemy.

5. CanisBlack

CanisBlack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    Keep in mind that Palpatine tried, and nearly succeeded, on several occassions to steal Anakin Solo's body both before and after he was born.

6. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    great story! =D=
    can´t wait to see more!!!

oh and can you please add me to your pm list?

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    It was Master Yoda who renewed contact, inviting us to Coruscant for various meetings and tournaments.?

Good old Yoda [face_love]

Valin had no idea that the Jedi of the Old Republic had been divided. ?I sort of thought you guys would be perfect.?

I think Luke and the others probably had the same thought. Fans too.

?Nyche,?

Is she a painter or a philosopher? :p

?I did,? Nyche gave him a warm smile. ?He?s quite the charmer. Is this Valin related to you as well??
    ?Somewhere down the line,?

lol. I love that you worked Nyche Horn into this :D

?I?d like to check your skills, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said as he began stretching. ?Go ahead and warm up.?

Careful, Anakin. Obi-Wan doesn't feel it's a good duel unless he's hacked off a few limbs :p

Obi-Wan was relentless and even fancy in his attacks.

Obi-Wan always had the best style. Especially back in TPM :cool:

Anakin landed on his back, which caused him to lower his guard for a fraction of a second. Obi-Wan touched his saber close to Anakin?s neck. ?Kill point.?

That was quick :cool:

?You?re very good, sir,?

He defeated two Sith Lords in his time. Not a lot of Jedi that can say that.

?This is Quentin Solsar, a visiting Corellian apprentice,? Obi-Wan rested his hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?Quinten, this is High Chancellor Palpatine.?

This is going to be quite a shock...

Anakin stiffened, suddenly unable to breathe. This was Emperor Palpatine? The dark Lord of the Sith who had destroyed an entire Jedi Order? Anakin couldn?t believe that Obi-Wan was being friendly with him. If it weren?t for Palpatine, thousands of Jedi would not be dead. If it weren?t for Palpatine, millions of people wouldn?t have died in the war.
    If it weren?t for Palpatine, his grandfather wouldn?t have turned to the Darkside.
    Angry to see Palpatine standing among the Jedi, Anakin reached for his lightsaber. If he killed Palpatine, he could save billions of people from suffering at the hands of the Empire. His siblings would not have to grow up in a galaxy constantly fighting wars. What did it matter that Palpatine was unarmed when billions of lives were at risk if Anakin allowed him to live?

I was afraid this was going to happen. Who knows what might come if Anakin tries to change the past [face_worried]

Obi-Wan watched Palpatine leave and then placed a firm hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?We need to have a talk about your attitude towards the Chancellor, Anakin.?

Oh ****!

Great post, lunetta :D =D= Definitely my favorite so far. I loved Anakin Solo meeting the Emperor and how you wrote his thoughts. It would be very tempting to kill Palpatine before the purge and all the other evils that followed.

Looking forward to the next post :)

8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    This is a very interesting story. Please add me to your PM list.

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    MiralukaJedi:

Hmm...this might not end so well for Palpatine. Good show! Probably not...thank you! :D

tahiriveilax:

Great work, I'm addicted now. I aim to addict. ;)

The only thing is that the Old Jedi Knights seem to think Valin and Anakin aren't as sophiscated in their Jedi training. I think that they would feel that way about Lukie's order. They kind of stumbled into the New Jedi Order...where the Old Republic Jedi have been around for thousands of years.

And I can see why Anakin would want to kill Palps right there, it would save a lot of trouble in the future. But as Yoda says 'the future is always in motion'. This is true!

More soon I hope! Soon as I get the chapter back from my beta! :)

jacen200015:

When i first saw this I was like OooooO, cool. This is a really neat idea Is Ben born yet in this? will Anakin Skywalker get to see him? Ohhhhh, so many questions. Thank you! And Ben is born...he's about a year old. Anakin might get to see him...we shall see. ;)

AZURASKYE:

This is awsome. More, please. Thank you! Soon as I get it back from the beta!

jacensolofangirl2007:

loved it! I somewhat hope anakin kills palpatine...but then that would ruin all the fun in profic. This is true!

lol I can just imagine what obi wans thinking right now...he he I hope anakin spills the beens on palpatine! that would be almost hilarious to see obi wans face at that news. lol can't wait for the next bit! hurry! please? If Obi-Dearest hears about it, it will certainly be interesting! Just waiting on the beta! :-D

Lordban:

As good as ever. That was a very imaginative story seed, and it is very well exploited. Thank you!

Poor Anakin. I guess carrying the title of Jedi Knight does not make you capable of stifling your emotions and present a polite face to an arch-enemy. Quite true!

CanisBlack:

Keep in mind that Palpatine tried, and nearly succeeded, on several occassions to steal Anakin Solo's body both before and after he was born. I was actually only vaguely aware of that because I haven't read the YJK books, but I will keep that in mind! Thanks for the reminder!

Niju:

great story!
    can´t wait to see more!!!
    Thank you!

oh and can you please add me to your pm list? Consider yourself added!

YodaKenobi:

It was Master Yoda who renewed contact, inviting us to Coruscant for various meetings and tournaments.?

Good old Yoda
    Tis true!

Valin had no idea that the Jedi of the Old Republic had been divided. ?I sort of thought you guys would be perfect.?

I think Luke and the others probably had the same thought. Fans too.
    Definitely!

?Nyche,?

Is she a painter or a philosopher?
    Holostar. ;)

?I did,? Nyche gave him a warm smile. ?He?s quite the charmer. Is this Valin related to you as well??
    ?Somewhere down the line,?

lol. I love that you worked Nyche Horn into this
    Thank you! Couldn't help myself! ;)

?I?d like to check your skills, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said as he began stretching. ?Go ahead and warm up.?

Careful, Anakin. Obi-Wan doesn't feel it's a good duel unless he's hacked off a few limbs
    lol!

Obi-Wan was relentless and even fancy in his attacks.

Obi-Wan always had the best style. Especially back in TPM
    I agree!

Anakin landed on his back, which caused him to lower his guard for a fraction of a second. Obi-Wan touched his saber close to Anakin?s neck. ?Kill point.?

That was quick
    Yes, Anakin wasn't quite used to his style...I think a rematch wouldn't be so quick. (But I still think Obi-Dearest would win. ;))

?You?re very good, sir,?

He defeated two Sith Lords in his time. Not a lot of Jedi that can say that.
    This is true!

?This is Quentin Solsar, a visiting Corellian apprentice,? Obi-Wan rested his hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?Quinten, this is High

10. CanisBlack

CanisBlack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    Actually most of that information is in the Dark Empire/Empire's End comics by Dark Horse. As far as the EU is concerned the Dark Horse comics are all considered to be canon unless stated in the comic itself. I'm not sure about the Marvel run though (It was Marvel right?).

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    CanisBlack:

Actually most of that information is in the Dark Empire/Empire's End comics by Dark Horse. As far as the EU is concerned the Dark Horse comics are all considered to be canon unless stated in the comic itself. I'm not sure about the Marvel run though (It was Marvel right?). Ahh I think I might remember some of it from Dark Empire. I haven't read the comics, but I've heard a little bit about them. :) Thanks for the information!

Here is Chapter Four!

Chapter Four

Kyp Durron was pleased. Luke Skywalker had left him in charge while he attended a Senate meeting, and so far nothing had gone wrong. Well, except for the younger apprentices who kept poking each other or using the ?h? word. With a sigh, Kyp shut down his datapad and decided that a bit of sparring might be a good way to end his peaceful day. There had to be something that could relieve the boredom.

He sensed Jacen outside of his door, as well as two Jedi he didn?t recognize. Kyp rose to his feet. ?Come in, Jacen.?

Jacen and the two young men entered the office. Kyp recognized instantly that they were both well trained Knights. ?Have you found yourself a couple of renegades??

The taller blue eyed man took immediate offense. ?Renegade??

?What else am I to call you?? Kyp asked. ?I?ve never met you before, and you are obviously a trained Jedi. You are not a part of the established order.?

?With that logic, you could be considered a renegade to us,? the other Jedi said. ?We don?t know you, and you are not a part of either of our established orders.?

?Either of yours?? Kyp asked. He felt a headache coming on. ?Do you mean to tell me that you aren?t from the same renegade organization??

?Yes,? the shorter Jedi replied. ?But we?re friendly with each other.?

?Wonderful,? Kyp said, now regretting he had wished away his boredom. ?We have two renegade organizations that are friendly to each other. We already have enough problems with the politicians distrusting us after the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. And now we have two renegade organizations that didn?t even bother to aid the Republic during the war?? Kyp curled his lips in a small, condescending smile. ?But don?t worry, Luke would have my head if I didn?t welcome you here.?

?We certainly feel?welcome,? the shorter Jedi said as he exchanged a glance with the taller one. ?But you cannot fault us for not coming to your aid during your war any more than we can fault you for not helping us during ours.?

?What?? Kyp rounded on Jacen. ?Where exactly did you find these two??

Jacen looked at him steadily. ?The lower levels of Coruscant. And had you not started jumping to conclusions so quickly about them, I might have explained the situation to you earlier.?

Apparently Jacen still hadn?t forgiven Kyp for tricking Jaina into blowing up that Yuuzhan Vong worldship, something that Kyp regretted in hindsight. Not that he?d ever admit that to Jacen. ?Then explain.?

?Were you aware that Uncle Luke asked Anakin and me to retrieve the Crystal of Transportation??

?Of course,? Kyp said with a smirk. He was certain that Luke had sent them on that errand to get his nephews out of his hair for awhile.

?Well, Valin Horn followed us,? Jacen said, hesitating. ?And he and Anakin decided to use it.?

?And??

?It worked.? Jacen gestured to the Jedi standing beside him. ?They disappeared and were replaced by Cliegg Lars,? he pointed to the taller Jedi, ?and Garm Idanion. They?re Jedi of the Old Republic. According to Garm, the affects should only last a day.?

Sithspit. ?This isn?t one of your stupid jokes, is it Jacen??

Jacen glared at him. ?I assure you, it?s not.?

?Great,? Kyp said as he wondered why the Solo kids couldn?t do incredibly stupid things like traveling to the past on Luke?s watch. He was also fairly certain that Corran Horn would blame him for the loss of Valin. ?Why don?t we throw them at the politicians? They?re always complaining that we aren?

12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Correction: We've got a pair of Anakins who look like they may end up doing something reckless ^_^ And Jacen's starting to notice things I'm not sure he really wants to know... :)

13. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Great update :) Even though I don't like Jacen, I was very good. Let's see some Anakin Solo now :p

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry for being late, my life's a rollercoaster right now.
    This story is 100% lovely. [face_love] I can't wait to see how things work out and if they try to change the future or not.:D
    I really love the way you write.

15. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. I think that Kyp though is in for a wilder ride than he assumes. Doesn't quite know what he's getting into there I think. Gotta feel sorry for the guy.

16. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    lol Awesome! I like where this is going...Anakin hanging out with Kyp...I see trouble writen all over this. he he

17. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I just found this fic and I'm glad I did. What a lot of fun. I'm two chapters down and enjoying the whole thing. From Obi-Wan's annoyance at Anakin breaking the code to all the mysterious innuendo about revealing pasts and future. It's also really neat to read about all four of them as the interact family members past and future.

?Things that shouldn?t work often do around Anakin,? Obi-Wan said, walking swiftly.

I loved that line. Very Obi-Wan and very true.

Valin shrugged. ?Most Knights I know practice good hygiene habits.?

?Most Knights you know probably have prickleburrs stuffed up their butts.?

This made me smile. Feisty Jaina, even to a couple of strangers. But, she was provoked.

Neeja H. reminds me a lot of Qui-Gon. That's a good thing. :)

I can't wait to Anakin meets Luke and Valin meets Corran.

Great work, Lunetta. Would you please PM me with updates?

18. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh please, Kyp. You had him stay with you because he reminds you of yourself :p
    Anakin Skywalker and Kyp together = trouble.

If Anakin Skywalker had lived I think Kyp would have been the perfect padawan for him. A taste of his own medicine.

19. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    great update! =D=
    i really love the story!

hug niju

20. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    All caught up now and loving every minute of it.

Anakin's reaction to the chancellor was surpring, but not as surpising as Palpatine's cool display. Excellent scene.

I also loved Kyp. Be careful what you wish for when bored. :D You may get a reckless hot head with Dark Side tendencies that remind you way to much of your world killing past. Kyp was cool and reponsible; keeping Anakin under a watchful eye.

I didn't realize we were in ROTS time frame. This is cutting close.

Great story, great characters, great dialogue. I'm engaged and impressed.

P.S. I need a clarification in the Horn/Halcyon family age ranges. How old are Neeja and Valin Halcyon?

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    umm.. I think Luke would recognize Anakin Skywalker's signature once he comes in lol

22. DarthVetinari

DarthVetinari Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2009
    Nice update. I sense that there might be firewoks between Kyp and Anakin. I think they've both met their match. I'm looking forward to Valin and Anakin meeting Luke and Corran. Surely they will be recognised by their sons :p .

Looking forward to the next chapter.

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ooh,I can't wait for Luke to meet Cliegg Lars. Although O doubt that he will immediately recognize him as his father.

24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Lordban:

Correction: We've got a pair of Anakins who look like they may end up doing something reckless ^_^ And Jacen's starting to notice things I'm not sure he really wants to know... lol! And, yes, he is...

tahiriveilax:

Great update Even though I don't like Jacen, I was very good. Let's see some Anakin Solo now lol! Jacen is like my third favorite character! (GOes Lukie, Corran, Jacen.) ;) Anakin's coming up...but not the next post, I am afraid. Next up is my dear sweet Lukie!

MsLanna:

Sorry for being late, my life's a rollercoaster right now. I understand!

This story is 100% lovely. I can't wait to see how things work out and if they try to change the future or not.
    I really love the way you write.
    Thank you very much!

MiralukaJedi:

Very nice. I think that Kyp though is in for a wilder ride than he assumes. Doesn't quite know what he's getting into there I think. Gotta feel sorry for the guy. lol! This is true!

jacensolofangirl2007:

lol Awesome! I like where this is going...Anakin hanging out with Kyp...I see trouble writen all over this. he he lol! No kidding!

brodiew:

I just found this fic and I'm glad I did. What a lot of fun. I'm two chapters down and enjoying the whole thing. From Obi-Wan's annoyance at Anakin breaking the code to all the mysterious innuendo about revealing pasts and future. It's also really neat to read about all four of them as the interact family members past and future. Thank you! I've had fun figuring that out :-D

?Things that shouldn?t work often do around Anakin,? Obi-Wan said, walking swiftly.

I loved that line. Very Obi-Wan and very true.
    Thank you! This is the first time I've attempted to write Obi-Dearest, so I am glad that I'm doing okay. :)

Valin shrugged. ?Most Knights I know practice good hygiene habits.?

?Most Knights you know probably have prickleburrs stuffed up their butts.?

This made me smile. Feisty Jaina, even to a couple of strangers. But, she was provoked.
    She was!

Neeja H. reminds me a lot of Qui-Gon. That's a good thing. :) Good! I'm kind of figuring out his character based off of impressions of Corran and Hal, cuz I haven't actually read him. :-o

I can't wait to Anakin meets Luke and Valin meets Corran.

Great work, Lunetta. Would you please PM me with updates?
    Thank you! And of course!

jacen200015:

Oh please, Kyp. You had him stay with you because he reminds you of yourself
    Anakin Skywalker and Kyp together = trouble.
    lol! You are probably right there. ;)

If Anakin Skywalker had lived I think Kyp would have been the perfect padawan for him. A taste of his own medicine. No kidding!

Niju:

i really love the story!

hug niju
    Thank you!

brodiew:

All caught up now and loving every minute of it. Awesome!

Anakin's reaction to the chancellor was surpring, but not as surpising as Palpatine's cool display. Excellent scene. Thank you! I was quite proud of it. :)

I also loved Kyp. Be careful what you wish for when bored. You may get a reckless hot head with Dark Side tendencies that remind you way to much of your world killing past. Kyp was cool and reponsible; keeping Anakin under a watchful eye. Thank you! I like Kyp here too. I usually make him kind of badish, but I prefer him good. :-D

I didn't realize we were in ROTS time frame. This is cutting close. It's not quite ROTS timeframe yet, but it's close to it. I just always think Anakin is on edge. :)

Great story, great characters, great dialogue. I'm engaged and impressed. Thank you very much! :-o

P.S. I need a clarification in the Horn/Halcyon family age ranges. How old are Neeja and Valin Halcyon? Nejaa is likely in his early forties. Valin is about 21 years old. (According to I, Jedi he would ten, but I don't approve of ten year old fathers. ;))

SilS

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Here is Chapter Five!

Chapter Five

After Valin left with Jacen, Anakin Skywalker turned back to Kyp, silently wondering why the Jedi Master had chosen to split them up. ?The order went from ten thousand Jedi to forty, and he doesn?t want to find out why??

?His points were valid, Cliegg. You may make things better ? or worse ? if you learn what happened. It is our way of life that hangs in the balance, not yours.?

Anakin hadn?t considered that. ?Is your way of life good, Master Durron? With less than a hundred Jedi on Coruscant??

?I was with the Order when there were less than ten Jedi.? Kyp leaned against his desk. ?We?ve worked hard to be where we are today. The galaxy is finally at peace, and we?re rebuilding. It may not be as grand as the Old Republic, Cliegg, but we?re proud of it.?

?You?re implying that the Republic falls,? Anakin said as he carefully studied Kyp. ?And there used to be less than ten Jedi? There must be something I can do to stop it.?

?You alone?? Kyp raised an eyebrow. ?When ten thousand Jedi cannot??

?You don?t know who I am,? Anakin replied even though he was more concerned than he was ready to admit. If so many Jedi had died, he had to have failed at bringing balance to the Force. He shivered and then wondered if it were the reemergence of the Sith that had caused it. Obviously he and Padme must have survived long enough to have children, but beyond that?

?I?m sure you?re a hot shot in your time,? Kyp said caustically. ?But it is our way of life that I?m trying to protect. That your friend Garm is trying to protect. How do you know that you can change things for the better??

?I don?t know.? Anakin frowned. It had really shaken him when Valin pointed out that they were both dead by now. But what upset him even more was the fact that Padme could also be dead. He couldn?t sense her here. Of course, he had dreamt of her death before, and he had felt powerless to stop it. Now, he was also feeling powerless to stop the greatest danger to the Jedi Order. And the Chosen One should never have to feel powerless. ?Are you really satisfied with this life, Kyp? With politicians questioning you? Wanting you to be more like the Jedi of the Republic??

?Do your Jedi always agree with the politicians??

?Rarely.? Anakin laughed. ?But High Chancellor Palpatine works well with us.?

Kyp nearly choked. ?Excuse me??

Anakin?s eyes narrowed. ?The High Chancellor is a great man.?

?You?ve met him, and you can?t see it??

?Can?t see what?? Anakin demanded impatiently.

Kyp crossed the room and peered intently into Anakin?s eyes. ?Has he manipulated you, Cliegg??

?Of course not,? Anakin said. Why would Kyp ask him that question? Was the High Chancellor manipulating him? He was always praising him and made sure to follow his career closely. But was it manipulation? ?Why do you ask? What does he do??

?Have you had close contact with him, Cliegg??

?Many times.?

Kyp studied him, his brow furrowing. ?Who are you Cliegg??

Anakin folded his arms. ?I?m a hot shot. Who are you??

?Another hot shot,? Kyp said, his lips curling slightly. His comlink went off, and he excused himself to answer it.

Anakin watched him with little interest. What he wanted to know was what it was about the High Chancellor that Kyp didn?t trust. Soon the Jedi Master finished his conversation and turned back to Anakin.

?My squadron?s practice time has been moved,? Kyp said as he walked over to his desk. ?If I?m to get any time with them, I have to go now.?

?Squadron?? Anakin was suddenly interested. ?You?re a pilot??

?Yeah.? Kyp briefly glanced up. ?Are you??

?Yes.? Anakin raised his chin. ?One of the best.?

?Care to prove it??

?Sure,? smiled Anakin. He was unable to contain his excitement at the thought of flying a ship from the future. ?But first, can you tell me what it is about Palpatine that I shouldn?t trust??

Kyp pursed his lips. ?Tell you what, Cliegg, if you can beat