Beyond Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome! I can't wait until Luke finds Anakin! and with Leia there too...thats just the icing on the cake.....lol or you might just surprise me and do something totally different and make it even better! lol I don't know how though :)

I liked Kyp and Anakin agruing...they are quite a match, I kinda hope Kyp wins the space ship battle though...Anakin doesn't need anymore information....

Awesome chapter! can't wait for the next one!
  2. Niju Jedi Knight

star 1
    great chapter!=D=
    can´t wait until luke and leai meet anakin!
    that will be interresting!

hug niju
    ps: thank you for the Pm!
  3. Lordban Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh-oh... Luke might end up meeting with Anakin at a time he's... twice as old as his father :p
    Not to mention he might be a bit scared by him... :D

This promises to be most amusing :)
  4. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Master

star 3
    can't wait for the next postie!
  6. CanisBlack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd actually like to see Kyp beat down Anakin. As good and as powerful as chibi-Vader is, it's pretty heavily implied that Luke's power is pretty close to if not equal and in the Jedi Academy trilogy Luke himself states that he believes that Kyp is more powerful than he himself. Doubt it'll happen though, but...it would be fun to see.
  7. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice update :) Can't wait for more!
  8. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Sorry I'm late [face_blush]

Chapter 4:

using the ?h? word.

I'm stumped [face_thinking]

?Wonderful,? Kyp said, now regretting he had wished away his boredom. ?We have two renegade organizations that are friendly to each other. We already have enough problems with the politicians distrusting us after the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. And now we have two renegade organizations that didn?t even bother to aid the Republic during the war?? Kyp curled his lips in a small, condescending smile. ?But don?t worry, Luke would have my head if I didn?t welcome you here.?

Perfect rude Kyp here :D

?This isn?t one of your stupid jokes, is it Jacen??

[face_laugh]

?When he makes sense, we do,? Garm answered. ?The future is always in motion. Whatever has happened here may not actually be what the future holds. But if we actually hear of some great tragedy that occurs to the Jedi, it will shadow our entire lives even if it doesn?t happen. Has it escaped your notice, Cliegg, that we are dead??
    ?Excuse me??
    ?None of the Jedi here recognized our signatures in the Force or know our names,? Garm pointed out. ?I do not want to know how I die.?
    ?Why?? Cliegg demanded. ?Why wouldn?t you want to know if it can be prevented??

I love the debate between Anakin and Valin here. Anakin Skywalker would definitely want to "save himself from death" [face_mischief]

?Then I will do the same for you, at least until Luke can sort this mess out.? Kyp pursed his lips. ?Jacen, why don?t you let Garm follow you around? I could use Cliegg?s help around here.?

Kyp and Anakin Skywalker hanging out for the day? This could be... explosive...

Garm nodded. ?You don?t like him.?
    ?He tried to date my sister,? Jacen said as he clenched his hand into a fist. ?After lying to her.?

lol

?I chose to be a Healer after being Knighted,? Jacen answered. ?I was tired of death, Garm. I didn?t feel that killing was the true path of a Jedi, and when Healer Cilghal told me I had an innate talent for healing, I asked her to apprentice me.?

I really like that as a path for Jacen :)

And I'm glad Valin's going to show them how to check midi-chlorians. Could definitely come in handy as the Order rebuilds.

Great post!

Chapter 5:

?Rarely.? Anakin laughed. ?But High Chancellor Palpatine works well with us.?
    Kyp nearly choked. ?Excuse me??
    Anakin?s eyes narrowed. ?The High Chancellor is a great man.?
    ?You?ve met him, and you can?t see it??

Zip it, Kyp :p

Kyp pursed his lips. ?Tell you what, Cliegg, if you can beat me in a few sim runs, I?ll tell you anything you want to know.?

:oops:

Kyp, you have no idea what you're doing here :p

?It is wrong, Master Skywalker. Have you ever sensed a Clone? The Force seems to twist around them. It gives me a headache.?
    ?I know.? Luke nodded. ?I?ve encountered clones before.?

I like that you tied that in. The Zahn-era clones have gotten lost in all the Clone Wars stuff, and I always liked that they felt "twisted" in the Force.

Another terrific post, lunetta =D= I'm glad that Kyp is getting some time in this fic. You're characterization is perfect :D And having him team up with Anakin Skywalker is great.

I'm wondering if Luke will recognize Anakin on sight [face_thinking] He's seen what he looks like in the dvd release :p

Can't wait for the next post :)
  9. DarthVetinari Jedi Master

star 1
    [face_thinking] A sim fight between Kyp and Anakin should be interesting. I really hope that Kyp is able to win, as Anakin's ego is big enough. He could actually do with being taken down a bit.

But surely thousands of Jedi could stop two impetuous teenagers from confronting Sith Lords. Luke had to believe it.

[face_laugh] Somehow, I think that even 10,000 Jedi would find it difficult to stop Anakin Solo if he makes up his mind to do something!

Interestingly, I think that even if Anakin and Valin Sr don't find out what causes the destruction of the Jedi, their trip to the future should make them look more closely at things that are happening in their own time. I also think that they, especially Valin, will eventually be able to figure it out. The future Jedi aren't exactly being subtle in their dislike of Palpatine.
  10. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually its more like he was thirteen or fourteen. The Clone wars supposedly began when Valin was ten. But still, you would think that writers would watch there math. Maybe Horn forged Valin's birth documents to make him seem younger and Valin looked young for his age and no one sought to correct the age descrepincy later on? Maybe that's what the writer intended, but if that's show then it should have been revealed in some way. *rolls eyes*.

In the series i'm doing i actually have Valin in his forties when his son is born, which now i'm wondering if that was a mistake. Silly authors. They make me have to guess or correct. Now i think I should have had him in his twenties instead. Hmm, i wonder if i can still fix that? Was it with Neeja that Anakin had some kind of mission with during the clone wars?

A long series really requires a lot of research and stuff. I can't seem to start to and finish writing a post until i have checked and doubled checked facts. *sigh* and i tend to do this at midnight for some reason, bad idea. I wish i got paid. Well, maybe if i can write an original novel. But what is original anymore?

I'm halfway done reading the latest post and I'm loving every bit of it :)

I think i talk more after midnight. ack. sorry. Just had to get it out.

But thank you for making me think about the ages again. I try making things fit, its almost like a puzzle...

*sigh*

Goodnight.

Maybe i should just write an orignial novel? Less of a hassle.

oh, i should just go to bed, efore i drive you or someone else crzy with this post.

yeah.

I'll finish the rest of the post tomorrow.

Little Ben is so sweet.

With all the reactions people of the past are getting when they mention Palpatine and stuff, i would be surprised if that didn't make Anakin more catious around Palaptine.

*yawns*.......
  11. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    I keep wanting to yell "Tell them! Tell them!!"8-}
    But it's not that easy, is it. What if they really cahnge the future? what of Luke and Mara and - everybody. :oops:
    It would be so much easier if you didn't care for the future people. *sigh*

Can't wai to see where this will lead.
    *bites fingernails*
  12. CanisBlack Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't blame the age discrepancies on the authors, blame them instead on Lucas. When he went back and did the prequels he decided that all the oversight that had been involved in the Expanded Universe wasn't worth **** and through the EU out like yesterday's garbage in order to write what he [Lucas] wanted.

At the time I, Jedi was written it was assumed that the Clone Wars was a very different thing than what Lucas ended up writing and that it started and finished before Palpatine seized power. If you honestly look at the publishing dates of a lot of the EU books you'll find that there were no major discrepancies of any kind until Lucas started on the prequel trilogy. Hell, go read the Courtship of Princess Leia. There's a number of things stated in that book that are directly contradicted by the prequels.

In my mind the only reason prequels make such good fanfic fodder is because they were so poorly done.
  13. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    jacensolofangirl2007:

Awesome! I can't wait until Luke finds Anakin! and with Leia there too...thats just the icing on the cake.....lol or you might just surprise me and do something totally different and make it even better! lol I don't know how though lol, thank you! We shall see. ;)

I liked Kyp and Anakin agruing...they are quite a match, I kinda hope Kyp wins the space ship battle though...Anakin doesn't need anymore information.... Tis true...

Awesome chapter! can't wait for the next one! Thank you!

Niju:

great chapter!
    can´t wait until luke and leai meet anakin!
    that will be interresting!
    Should be! Thank you for reading!

hug niju
    ps: thank you for the Pm!
    No problem!

Lordban:

Uh-oh... Luke might end up meeting with Anakin at a time he's... twice as old as his father
    Not to mention he might be a bit scared by him...
    lol! Could be awkward....

This promises to be most amusing :-D

MiralukaJedi:

Very nicely done. Thank you :)

Jedi_QueenBee:

can't wait for the next postie! Thanks!

CanisBlack:

I'd actually like to see Kyp beat down Anakin. As good and as powerful as chibi-Vader is, it's pretty heavily implied that Luke's power is pretty close to if not equal and in the Jedi Academy trilogy Luke himself states that he believes that Kyp is more powerful than he himself. Doubt it'll happen though, but...it would be fun to see. Kyp beating Anakin WOULD be fun. (Well anyone taking down Anakin would be. He could use it. ;)) But we'll see. I remember from JAT that Kyp was supposed to be stronger than Lukie, but with the prequel trilogies I take it that Anakin should probably be the most powerful, consideirng his parentage, so I'd probably go with Kyp being close to the Skywalker's. But that's just how I choose to look at it. :)

tahiriveilax:

Nice update Can't wait for more! Thank you!

YodaKenobi:

Sorry I'm late No problem!

Chapter 4:

using the ?h? word.

I'm stumped
    lol! The word is: hate. ;) (That's got to be naughty for little Jedi kids to be saying. ;))

?Wonderful,? Kyp said, now regretting he had wished away his boredom. ?We have two renegade organizations that are friendly to each other. We already have enough problems with the politicians distrusting us after the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. And now we have two renegade organizations that didn?t even bother to aid the Republic during the war?? Kyp curled his lips in a small, condescending smile. ?But don?t worry, Luke would have my head if I didn?t welcome you here.?

Perfect rude Kyp here
    hehehhehe

I love the debate between Anakin and Valin here. Anakin Skywalker would definitely want to "save himself from death" Of course! He's too wonderful to die!

?Then I will do the same for you, at least until Luke can sort this mess out.? Kyp pursed his lips. ?Jacen, why don?t you let Garm follow you around? I could use Cliegg?s help around here.?

Kyp and Anakin Skywalker hanging out for the day? This could be... explosive...
    Could be worse...maybe...

Garm nodded. ?You don?t like him.?
    ?He tried to date my sister,? Jacen said as he clenched his hand into a fist. ?After lying to her.?

lol
    Jacen has a sister to protect!

?I chose to be a Healer after being Knighted,? Jacen answered. ?I was tired of death, Garm. I didn?t feel that killing was the true path of a Jedi, and when Healer Cilghal told me I had an innate talent for healing, I asked her to apprentice me.?

I really like that as a path for Jacen
    Thank you!

And I'm glad Valin's going to show them how to check midi-chlorians. Could definitely come in handy as the Order rebuilds.

Great post!
    This is true! Thank you!

Chapter 5:

?Rarely.? Anakin laughed. ?But High Chancellor Palpatine works well with us.?
    Kyp nearly choked. ?Excuse me??
    Anakin?s eyes narrowed.
  14. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    This is early, but it's my day off of work, so I'm putting it up. :)

Chapter Six

Coruscant, Old Republic

Obi-Wan led Anakin into a small classroom before turning to lecture the younger man. He couldn?t believe that the young Jedi he?d agreed to apprentice for a day had been so impolite to the Supreme Chancellor. There was obviously something responsible for the boy?s anger, but he wasn?t certain how far he should pry. ?Anakin, you obviously have issues with the Chancellor Palpatine.?

Anakin snorted, the fire in his eyes strongly reminding Obi-Wan of his own padawan. ?Issues? He?s evil, Master Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. ?Just because you do not agree with his politics does not make him evil, Anakin.?

?His politics??Anakin scoffed. ?If only you knew what his politics are!?

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan said firmly. ?Control yourself.?

Anakin closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. ?I?m sorry, Master Kenobi. But Palpatine isn?t to be trusted. I can tell you that at least, can?t I??

Obi-Wan gave him a small smile. ?You just did.?

The younger Jedi blushed. ?Sorry.?

?It?s alright,? reassured Obi-Wan, remembering that he was working with a sixteen year old boy. A sixteen year old boy that had been knighted by his Master. He rested his hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?This can?t be easy for you, Anakin. But you must refrain from revealing too much about the future. If the Chancellor is not to be trusted, what would happen if he learned what you knew??

Anakin?s blue eyes widened. ?That wouldn?t be good.?

The High Chancellor definitely needed to be watched, but Obi-Wan worried that he might already know too much. ?Your uncle would not thank me for endangering your life, Anakin. I suspect he wants you back in one piece.?

?Yeah.? Anakin shoved his hands in his pockets. ?You?re right.?

?As much as I hope my padawan is safely returned to me,? Obi-Wan added softly. It worried him that his Anakin was alone in the future. He could no longer track his padawan through their bond, so he wouldn?t know if he was hurt or in danger. Obi-Wan closed his eyes and forced his thoughts back to the present.

Anakin touched his arm. ?Uncle Luke will take care of him, Master Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan smiled. ?Thank you, Anakin.?

?I want to talk to Valin Horn.?

?About the Chancellor??

Anakin nodded. ?I need to discuss it with someone, sir.?

Obi-Wan could understand the need, but he feared that the boys might end up doing something incredibly stupid. ?Promise me you will stay inside the Temple.?

Anakin gave him a look of extreme innocence. ?Of course, Master.?

?Very well. I will take you to Nejaa,? Obi-Wan gestured for Anakin to follow him out the door. ?And I will grant you and Valin privacy, Anakin. But I will be monitoring you.?

?Yes, sir.?

Valin Horn watched as his grandmother started packing away her artwork. ?You?re leaving already??

Nyche smiled. ?I have a class to get to. It was nice meeting you Master Halcyon, Valin.?

?You as well,? Nejaa said, smiling warmly.

?Tell the older Valin that I look forward to seeing him tonight,? Nyche said as she cleaned her paintbrushes.

?You two have a date tonight?? Nejaa asked.

?Yes.? Nyche frowned. ?I guess he didn?t tell you??

?I?m afraid not,? Nejaa said, exchanging a glance with Valin. ?I sent him on a short mission off world. He won?t be back until tomorrow.?

Nyche looked down and continued cleaning the brushes vigorously. ?I see.?

?I probably didn?t give him a chance to tell me,? Nejaa said, touching her arm in apology. ?I?m sure I?ll get an earful about it tomorrow. Perhaps you can give him another chance??

?Perhaps,? Nyche said.

Valin was suddenly worried. What if Nyche didn?t give his grandfather a second chance? Would that mean that he married someone else? Would that mean that Valin Horn would never be born? He walked over to Nyche and gave her his best smile. ?Please give him a second
  15. Lordban Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The difference between Anakin and Valin? The latter tries not to mess things up while the former wants to mess things up [face_mischief]

Poor Obi-Wan... He has no idea what he might be getting into :p
    Maybe he'll be a little more patient with his Padawan learner once the younger Anakin's through with him :D
  16. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nicely done! Keep it coming.
  17. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh great to see Anakin Solo here, he can be a bit of a rebel :)
    Great update!
  18. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmmmmm...I wonder what will happen next.....

Nice chapter!
  19. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Great concept! =D==D=

I confess I was rather reluctant when I started reading it, but then this story really hooked me. [face_cowboy]

Oh, and I can't wait for the inevitable scene when Anakin Skywalker meets Luke--we know for a fact that the Grand Master will surely recognize his untainted father! And what will Leia's reaction be? [face_mischief]

I think my favorite scene so far was the snark that Jaina was giving the elder Anakin, threatening him with a hydrospanner. It reminded me of this:
    [image=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/therewster1996/jinny.gif]
  20. Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Master

star 3
    i wonder what Valin will say . better yet what Valin will do !
  21. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh vey! :oops:
    I wonder to what decision Anakin and Valin will come.

Looking forward to the Luke/Anakin meeting to. *imagines Luke bursting out 'Dad?!?'*[face_laugh]
  22. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Chapter 4 was golden! I absolutely loved the Kyp/Anakin interaction. Two ego moving closer and closer to a p---ing contest. However, I was greatly impressed with how you potrayed Kyp's maturity; and how he begins to figure out that Cliegg may be someone else altogether.

I also enjoyed Luke's inteaction with Valin and Jacen. I really like your Jacen, too. Good kid. :p

I'm just in love with how the characters react to little tidbits that are let out about their respective pasts and future's and how you are leading us to some kind of finale which will surely surprise and amaze us.

Brilliant!
  23. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    lol! The word is: hate. (That's got to be naughty for little Jedi kids to be saying. )

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't get that [face_blush]

Anakin snorted, the fire in his eyes strongly reminding Obi-Wan of his own padawan. ?Issues? He?s evil, Master Kenobi.?

To Anakin, you listen. *Taps gimer stick*

Anakin nodded. ?I need to discuss it with someone, sir.?
    Obi-Wan could understand the need, but he feared that the boys might end up doing something incredibly stupid. ?Promise me you will stay inside the Temple.?
    Anakin gave him a look of extreme innocence. ?Of course, Master.?
    ?Very well. I will take you to Nejaa,? Obi-Wan gestured for Anakin to follow him out the door. ?And I will grant you and Valin privacy, Anakin. But I will be monitoring you.?
    ?Yes, sir.?

Anakin's already cooking up a little plan, isn't he? o_O [face_mischief]

?I probably didn?t give him a chance to tell me,? Nejaa said, touching her arm in apology. ?I?m sure I?ll get an earful about it tomorrow. Perhaps you can give him another chance??
    ?Perhaps,? Nyche said.
    Valin was suddenly worried. What if Nyche didn?t give his grandfather a second chance? Would that mean that he married someone else? Would that mean that Valin Horn would never be born? He walked over to Nyche and gave her his best smile. ?Please give him a second chance? It?s my fault he had to go.?

Valin's on the verge of disappearing :p

?I?m afraid our son decided that it would be a good idea to use it.? Nejaa then gestured to Valin. ?And leave us our great-grandson to look after.?

That's going to be quite a shock.

Anakin glanced around, making certain no one was watching. ?I just ran into Palpatine.?

Oh, here we go [face_mischief]

Great post, lunetta :D I'm really looking forward to seeing what Anakin and Valin decide to do. I have a feeling the urge to try and change the past will just be too great for them and they'll have to try something.

Nice work =D=
  24. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Lordban:

The difference between Anakin and Valin? The latter tries not to mess things up while the former wants to mess things up lol! And that works for both pairings! ;)

Poor Obi-Wan... He has no idea what he might be getting into
    Maybe he'll be a little more patient with his Padawan learner once the younger Anakin's through with him
    Hehehehe, he just might!

MiralukaJedi:

Very nicely done! Keep it coming. Thank you!

tahiriveilax:

Oh great to see Anakin Solo here, he can be a bit of a rebel
    Great update!
    This is true! Thank you!

jacensolofangirl2007:

hmmmmm...I wonder what will happen next..... I don't know... ;)

Nice chapter! Thank you!

Rew:

Great concept! Thank you!

I confess I was rather reluctant when I started reading it, but then this story really hooked me. Good! Thank you!

Oh, and I can't wait for the inevitable scene when Anakin Skywalker meets Luke--we know for a fact that the Grand Master will surely recognize his untainted father! And what will Leia's reaction be? Good question!

I think my favorite scene so far was the snark that Jaina was giving the elder Anakin, threatening him with a hydrospanner. It reminded me of this: LOL! Love the smiley! That just about sums up Jaian's reaction there!

Jedi_QueenBee:

i wonder what Valin will say . better yet what Valin will do ! Dun dun dun...

MsLanna:

Oh vey!
    I wonder to what decision Anakin and Valin will come.
    Nothing good, that's for sure! ;)

Looking forward to the Luke/Anakin meeting to. *imagines Luke bursting out 'Dad?!?'* LOL!

brodiew:

Chapter 4 was golden! I absolutely loved the Kyp/Anakin interaction. Two ego moving closer and closer to a p---ing contest. However, I was greatly impressed with how you potrayed Kyp's maturity; and how he begins to figure out that Cliegg may be someone else altogether. Thank you! [face_blush]

I also enjoyed Luke's inteaction with Valin and Jacen. I really like your Jacen, too. Good kid. :p Thank you! I just can't do Dark! Jacen. ;) (Well I did once, but it was just a vignette!)

I'm just in love with how the characters react to little tidbits that are let out about their respective pasts and future's and how you are leading us to some kind of finale which will surely surprise and amaze us. I hope so! Thank you so much!

Brilliant! Thank you!

YodaKenobi:

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't get that It was vague, and I was amusing myself. ;)

To Anakin, you listen. *Taps gimer stick*
    I agree!

Anakin's already cooking up a little plan, isn't he? Naturally!

?Perhaps,? Nyche said.
    Valin was suddenly worried. What if Nyche didn?t give his grandfather a second chance? Would that mean that he married someone else? Would that mean that Valin Horn would never be born? He walked over to Nyche and gave her his best smile. ?Please give him a second chance? It?s my fault he had to go.?

Valin's on the verge of disappearing
    This is true! Valin Halcyon better come up with a better excuse than "I randomly decided to travel forty years into the future and that's why I broke our date." ;)

?I?m afraid our son decided that it would be a good idea to use it.? Nejaa then gestured to Valin. ?And leave us our great-grandson to look after.?

That's going to be quite a shock.
    Poor Scerra!

Anakin glanced around, making certain no one was watching. ?I just ran into Palpatine.?

Oh, here we go
    :-D

Great post, lunetta I'm really looking forward to see
  25. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Here is Chapter Seven!

Chapter Seven

NJO, Imperial City, Coruscant

Anakin Skywalker thoroughly enjoyed flying the X-wings with Kyp Durron?s squadron. It took him a few minutes to adjust to the different controls of the ship, but he was soon flying nose to nose with Kyp. At the last minute, Kyp barely managed to vape him. Anakin strode over to Kyp as they exited the simulators. Now that he was familiar with the ship, he was certain he could beat Kyp. ?Another run??

Amazed, Kyp shook his head. ?You?ve never flown an X-wing before??

?Obviously,? Anakin said, trying not to sound cocky. He rubbed his hands together. ?Let?s go again.?

?Wait a minute,? Kyp held up his hand. He glanced to his left and swore under his breath. ?Sithspit.?

?What?s wrong?? Anakin asked before following Kyp?s gaze.

Two men were walking toward them, but while both were brown-haired, one was a few centimeters taller than the other. The shorter one reminded Anakin of someone. He sensed through the Force that the man was a Jedi.

?That was some impressive flying,? the taller one complimented to Anakin. ?Are you Durron?s newest recruit??

?No,? Anakin said, pleased with the praise. ?I was just flying for fun.?

?For fun?? the man looked slightly incredulous. ?What?s your name??

?Cliegg Lars, sir.?

?Wedge Antilles,? said the taller man, offering Anakin his hand. ?Have you considered trying out for Rogue Squadron, Cliegg??

?Are you planning on telling him that he?s good, but he?s no Luke Skywalker?? asked the shorter man.

?That?s an honor reserved for you alone, Corran,? Wedge smirked. ?Besides, I think he compares.?

Anakin smiled. Not only did he have a son to carry his name, he was also an excellent pilot. At least some things would go right in the future. ?What?s Rogue Squadron??

Wedge blinked. ?Pardon me??

Kyp cleared his throat. ?You?ll have to excuse Cliegg. He wasn?t a good history student.?

?History?? Wedge was outraged.

?Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn are famous Rogue Squadron pilots, Cliegg,? Kyp gave Anakin a hard look. ?Surely you remember them??

?Yeah,? said Anakin, glaring at Kyp?s implication that he was a poor history student. ?You?ll have to forgive my momentary memory lapse.? He glanced over at Corran, who was looking at him steadily. So this was Valin Horn?s father. Did that mean that Valin?s parents were both Jedi?

Corran turned to his companion. ?Wedge, can you excuse us for a moment??

?Jedi business?? Wedge asked, already stepping away. ?I?ll talk with you later, Corran.?

?Of course.? Corran kept his eyes on Anakin. ?I have a small office here.? He gestured for Kyp and Anakin to follow him.

Kyp rolled his eyes and seemed to drag his feet to follow the older Jedi. Anakin secretly smiled to himself as he sensed Kyp?s dislike of Corran. They soon reached Corran?s office, and the moment the door was closed, Corran began interrogating Kyp.

?So. Who is this??

?Cliegg Lars,? Anakin said, offering his hand.

Corran shook it. ?You are a Jedi Knight, Cliegg??

?Yes.?

?I see,? Corran turned his attention to Kyp. ?Don?t you think it would be a better idea to introduce a new Jedi to Luke? Instead of running sims with your squad??

?Luke?s in a Senate meeting,? said Kyp evenly, obviously struggling to keep his voice level. ?And I didn?t think it was a good idea to leave Cliegg by himself.?

?You could have called a Council meeting.?

?I wouldn?t dream of it without having Luke Skywalker attend.? Kyp?s green eyes flashed. ?Or your honored self.?

?Thanks for your consideration,? Corran?s tone was dry. ?Where do you come from, Cliegg??

?I was born on Tattooine, but I trained on Coruscant.?

Corran blinked. ?You trained on Coruscant??

Kyp cleared his throat. ?There?s something I need to tell you, Corran. Do you remember how Luke sent Jacen and Anakin to retrieve the Crystal of Transportation??

?Yes.?

?Well they found it,? Kyp held Corran?s gaze. ?Your son Va
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade