Beyond Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    I bet Anakin's intrigued by Luke's fame as a pilot. Interesting story. PM me.

2. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol I don't know why...but I found parts of this chapter quite hilarious! Anakin being a bad history student cracked me up first...then Jaina wondering about Anakin actually at one time being a good guy was funny...then his granddaughter moment making him all pretty was great too! loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter!
  3. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet that Jaina will now think twice before she curses the Force or uses a curse with the Force in it. For example: Force-forsaken. Seeing that it's kinda like calling someone a son of a ______ because you are insulting their mother and might be insulting yourself if you are related to them.

That was so funny when Valin asked for a mirror![face_laugh] And if the child having fun with your hair it could be very messy.

Could you add me to the pm list?
  4. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting. Nicely done :)
  5. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4

Amazed, Kyp shook his head. ?You?ve never flown an X-wing before??

?Obviously,? Anakin said, trying not to sound cocky. He rubbed his hands together. ?Let?s go again.?

I think it's impossible for Anakin not to sound cocky :p

?Wedge Antilles,? said the taller man, offering Anakin his hand. ?Have you considered trying out for Rogue Squadron, Cliegg??

?Are you planning on telling him that he?s good, but he?s no Luke Skywalker?? asked the shorter man.

?That?s an honor reserved for you alone, Corran,? Wedge smirked. ?Besides, I think he compares.?

Anakin smiled. Not only did he have a son to carry his name, he was also an excellent pilot. At least some things would go right in the future. ?What?s Rogue Squadron??

Wedge blinked. ?Pardon me??

:oops: [face_beatup] [face_whistling]

Kyp cleared his throat. ?You?ll have to excuse Cliegg. He wasn?t a good history student.?

?History?? Wedge was outraged.

[face_laugh] LOL!

?Of course.? Corran kept his eyes on Anakin. ?I have a small office here.? He gestured for Kyp and Anakin to follow him.

Kyp rolled his eyes and seemed to drag his feet to follow the older Jedi. Anakin secretly smiled to himself as he sensed Kyp?s dislike of Corran. They soon reached Corran?s office, and the moment the door was closed, Corran began interrogating Kyp.

That would be Kyp :p

?I wouldn?t dream of it without having Luke Skywalker attend.? Kyp?s green eyes flashed. ?Or your honored self.?

?Thanks for your consideration,? Corran?s tone was dry.

I love that line! [face_laugh]

You?re telling me that my son is trapped in the Old Republic? And here I thought he was practicing shielding?? Corran leaned against the desk, suddenly looking haggard. ?This must be why Luke messaged me. Dear Force! What if he runs into Darth Vader? What time period are we talking about??

Anakin stiffened. He wondered who this Darth Vader was. There were already two Sith around, and Corran was mentioning a third?

Dun, dun, dunnnn. [face_skull]

?Sir, he does not,? Anakin said, surprised. ?He?s quite a bit taller than you are, and broader too.? He eyed Corran carefully. ?Why would you look like him anyway? You?re his son-in-law.?

?No.? Corran frowned. ?I am his son.?

?Then why aren?t you Corran Halcyon?? Anakin demanded. ?Does Valin die young?? he asked in concern. After all, Valin might be annoyingly cautious, but he and Nejaa were Anakin?s friends. They were Jedi who managed to have a family and still serve the Order. Anakin hoped to do the same one day.

This would be a good time to hush, Corran! [face_shame_on_you]

?If there was anyway I could stop it, I would,? Anakin promised. ?He?s a good friend of mine.?

Corran smiled. ?Then I think I?d like to get to know you better, Cliegg.?

He's kind of using Anakin, he didn't care about him before he said he was friends with Valin Halcyon. :rolleyes:

He sensed someone outside the door before recognizing Jaina?s Force signature. She entered the room, Jysella trailing behind her. ?Is Jacen sick of you already??

Valin got to his feet. ?I?m afraid so. He made up some excuse about attending patients, but I know the truth.?

Jaina smirked. ?I figured.?

Some good 'old sarcasm ;)

?So, you?ve still got the kid?? Valin asked, just as Jysella latched onto his leg. He mussed her hair. ?Miss me much??

?Hi,? Jysella beamed up at him. ?Sit down??

?Sure,? Valin said, sitting down on the floor.

?Her mother just came back.? Jaina sat across from him. ?Uncle Luke wanted to talk to her about Valin, so she?s staying with me.?

?Why would he want to talk to her about Valin?? he asked.

?Because he?s mean,? Jysella said casually as she stood behind Valin. She gathered his hair into her first and pulled out a hair tie. ?I?ll make you pretty.?

?Jysella!? Jaina said sternly as she attempted to catch hold of her. ?Sorry, Garm.?

?It?s alright. Let her make me pretty.?

TOO CUTE! [face_blush]

Valin held up his hand. ?For a few reaso
  6. Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Master

star 3
    i wonder what Anakin thinks about Luke. :p

probably thinking that Luke's a splitting image of himself
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    At the last minute, Kyp barely managed to vape him. Anakin strode over to Kyp as they exited the simulators. Now that he was familiar with the ship, he was certain he could beat Kyp.

I think he probably can to :p

?Have you considered trying out for Rogue Squadron, Cliegg??

[face_laugh]

Kyp cleared his throat. ?You?ll have to excuse Cliegg. He wasn?t a good history student.?

[face_laugh] :_|

?I was born on Tattooine, but I trained on Coruscant.?
    Corran blinked. ?You trained on Coruscant??

He's got to work on this whole lying thing :oops:

?This must be why Luke messaged me. Dear Force! What if he runs into Darth Vader? What time period are we talking about??

Wow. Each exchange is treading on a lot of dangerous ground here :p

Anakin stiffened. He wondered who this Darth Vader was.

Umm...

?I happen to know a Valin Halcyon,? Anakin said with a shrug. ?And considering that at the moment, Nejaa Halcyon is visiting the temple, I don?t think you have anything to worry about.?

That should be comforting to Corran at least.

?Then why aren?t you Corran Halcyon?? Anakin demanded. ?Does Valin die young?? he asked in concern. After all, Valin might be annoyingly cautious, but he and Nejaa were Anakin?s friends. They were Jedi who managed to have a family and still serve the Order. Anakin hoped to do the same one day.
    Obviously struggling with his answer, Corran hesitated. ?I don?t think I should answer that.?

Why do I suspect everything is going to get spilled pretty soon?

?Because he?s mean,? Jysella said casually as she stood behind Valin. She gathered his hair into her first and pulled out a hair tie. ?I?ll make you pretty.?

[face_laugh]

Valin stiffened. ?I see.? He hadn?t realized before that Jysella was his granddaughter. Assuming, of course, that Valin Horn was his grandson. He was just guessing by the name, but he already felt attached to the young girl standing behind him. He wondered if this would be the only time he ever got to meet her.

This must be pretty cool for Valin... and probably more than a little surreal.

?That kind of implies that he was born of the Force.?
    ?That is one way of looking at it, yes.?
    ?Then the Force is my great-grandfather.?

lol

?Right.? She looked away for a moment, then attempted a grin. ?You should see how pretty you look.?
    Valin wondered at her sudden change of subject but chose not to push her. Instead, he looked up at his granddaughter. ?Have you finished??
    ?Almost,? Jysella said as she tied one last tail in his hair. ?All finished. You?re pretty now!?
    ?Just what I?ve always wanted.? Valin patted her back. ?Can I have a mirror??

:D

What a fantastic scene, and a great post =D= I really love the scene where Corran mentions Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker, but I think Jysella doing her grandfather's hair might be my favorite part so far. Very cute.

Looking forward to more :)
  8. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Anakin stiffened. He wondered who this Darth Vader was.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :oops:
  9. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what she said.

All kidding aside, another great entry, Luney! [face_peace]
  10. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, Padawan Lunetta, where are you? You can't leave Anakin Solo with Obi Wan or Anakin with Kyp.... at least until he meets Luke. =D=
  11. frankieskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  12. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    so ummm...I want to know what happens next!!! [face_hypnotized]
  13. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    jacensolofangirl2007:

lol I don't know why...but I found parts of this chapter quite hilarious! Anakin being a bad history student cracked me up first...then Jaina wondering about Anakin actually at one time being a good guy was funny...then his granddaughter moment making him all pretty was great too! loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter! Hehehehe thank you! Glad you liked it!

Lady_Misty:

I bet that Jaina will now think twice before she curses the Force or uses a curse with the Force in it. For example: Force-forsaken. Seeing that it's kinda like calling someone a son of a ______ because you are insulting their mother and might be insulting yourself if you are related to them. lol! This is true!

That was so funny when Valin asked for a mirror! And if the child having fun with your hair it could be very messy. Just a little bit. ;)

Could you add me to the pm list? Sure!

MiralukaJedi:

Very interesting. Nicely done Thank you!

tahiriveilax:

I think it's impossible for Anakin not to sound cocky Agreed!

LOL!
    Poor Wedge. ;)

?Of course.? Corran kept his eyes on Anakin. ?I have a small office here.? He gestured for Kyp and Anakin to follow him.

Kyp rolled his eyes and seemed to drag his feet to follow the older Jedi. Anakin secretly smiled to himself as he sensed Kyp?s dislike of Corran. They soon reached Corran?s office, and the moment the door was closed, Corran began interrogating Kyp.

That would be Kyp
    This is true.

?I wouldn?t dream of it without having Luke Skywalker attend.? Kyp?s green eyes flashed. ?Or your honored self.?

?Thanks for your consideration,? Corran?s tone was dry.

I love that line!
    Thank you!

You?re telling me that my son is trapped in the Old Republic? And here I thought he was practicing shielding?? Corran leaned against the desk, suddenly looking haggard. ?This must be why Luke messaged me. Dear Force! What if he runs into Darth Vader? What time period are we talking about??

Anakin stiffened. He wondered who this Darth Vader was. There were already two Sith around, and Corran was mentioning a third?

Dun, dun, dunnnn.
    Indeed!

?Sir, he does not,? Anakin said, surprised. ?He?s quite a bit taller than you are, and broader too.? He eyed Corran carefully. ?Why would you look like him anyway? You?re his son-in-law.?

?No.? Corran frowned. ?I am his son.?

This would be a good time to hush, Corran!
    Just slightly! ;)

?If there was anyway I could stop it, I would,? Anakin promised. ?He?s a good friend of mine.?

Corran smiled. ?Then I think I?d like to get to know you better, Cliegg.?

He's kind of using Anakin, he didn't care about him before he said he was friends with Valin Halcyon.
    Nah. Knowing that Anakin knows his father makes him less suspicious.

He sensed someone outside the door before recognizing Jaina?s Force signature. She entered the room, Jysella trailing behind her. ?Is Jacen sick of you already??

Valin got to his feet. ?I?m afraid so. He made up some excuse about attending patients, but I know the truth.?

Jaina smirked. ?I figured.?

Some good 'old sarcasm
    Naturally!

?Jysella!? Jaina said sternly as she attempted to catch hold of her. ?Sorry, Garm.?

?It?s alright. Let her make me pretty.?

TOO CUTE!
    I love pestering children. ;)

?You haven?t h
  14. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent as always. Corran was ok, what little we saw of him, but I'm loving your Kyp.

Anakin is fun to watch as he tries to piece things together as the modern Jedi throw out the scraps of intel. Your use of irony in respect to Anakin being in the dark about his future as Vader and his indignity of the innuendo thrown about by Kyp, Corran, and company.

I still look forward to the meetings of father and son. :)

This fic is higly, incredibly, unbelievably, fantastically, and magnificently readable. Thank you for such a fun ride.

15. AZURASKYE Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  16. Niju Jedi Knight

star 1
    ohh! it´s a so really really great story !!!!! =D=

hug niju
  17. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    brodiew:

Excellent as always. Corran was ok, what little we saw of him, but I'm loving your Kyp. Usually, for my stories, that sentence would be the other way around. ;)

Anakin is fun to watch as he tries to piece things together as the modern Jedi throw out the scraps of intel. Your use of irony in respect to Anakin being in the dark about his future as Vader and his indignity of the innuendo thrown about by Kyp, Corran, and company. It's fun to write. :)

I still look forward to the meetings of father and son. :) Me too!

This fic is higly, incredibly, unbelievably, fantastically, and magnificently readable. Thank you for such a fun ride. Thank you for reading!

AZURASKYE:

more soon? We shall see. ;)

Niju:

ohh! it´s a so really really great story !!!!! Thank you!

18. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    This chapter is probably going to be a bit rough because my beta hasn't had a chance to look at it yet, (I suspect she is quite busy with DRL) but it's been over a week since I last posted, and...I want to get a specific chapter up before I leave for Europe, so I am going to post today!

Chapter Eight

Old Republic, Jedi Temple

?Palpatine?? Valin repeated, swallowing hard. ?What was he doing here??

?I don?t know,? Anakin looked around. ?I think he was checking up on my grandfather.?

?Why?? Valin paled. ?You don?t think he?s already looking to turn him, do you??

Anakin shrugged, then shivered at the memory of meeting Palpatine. ?I nearly drew my saber on him, and he?smiled.?

?That?s bad, Anakin,? Valin said, worried. ?What are we going to do??

Anakin started to walk down the hall. ?Walk with me, Valin.?

Valin hurried after him. ?Are we going to fight him??

?I don?t know,? Anakin replied, his voice soft. ?But we can?t just let him continue to visit the Temple without letting the Jedi know who he is, can we??

?No.? Valin shook his head. ?We can?t. But how is it that a Dark Lord of the Sith can enter without them knowing??

Anakin glanced at him. ?How did Uncle Luke miss Exar Kun?s presence? The Sith cloak themselves in the Force, I think. I wouldn?t have known Palpatine was evil, Valin. I sensed nothing but good will from him in the Force.?

?That?s creepy.? Valin gave Anakin a steady look. ?What do you want to do? Should we alert the Council??

?I don?t think they?ll want to hear it.?

?So what do we do??

Anakin paused in his steps, and studied Valin. He remembered how Corran had told him that the younger Jedi looked up to him; some even thought he would be the next Luke Skywalker. If he decided to confront Palpatine, he knew that Valin Horn would follow. And Corran Horn would kill him. ?I don?t know.?

?Anakin, I know it?s terrible that the Jedi die, but is it really right to change the future??

?What do you mean??

Valin pursed his lips. ?I met my grandmother today. My grandfather was supposed to go on a date with her tonight. What if she doesn?t forgive him for standing him up? Then my grandparents will never get married. What if we tell the Council about Palpatine, and they kill him early? Our parents met because of the Rebellion. We could cease to exist, Anakin.?

Anakin hesitated. He hadn?t considered that. ?I can?t just let them all die. Ten thousand Jedi? How can two Sith Lords kill ten thousand Jedi??

?They must have help. Palpatine?s a Senator, isn?t he??

?High Chancellor,? Anakin corrected him. ?I believe that is equal to Chief of State.?

?So he controls the armies??

Anakin stiffened. ?Do you think he turns the armies against the Jedi??

?Wouldn?t be too hard, would it?? Valin asked, his tone bitter. ?Fey?lya managed to turn a lot of people against us during the wars.?

?I know.? Anakin turned, and headed back towards Nejaa?s apartment. ?We need more information before we decide what to do with Palpatine.?

?Anakin,? Valin said as he followed the older Jedi down the corridor. ?My great grandfather is in there.?

Anakin raised an eyebrow. ?I am aware that Nejaa Halcyon is in there, Valin.?

?Not him, Anakin. Rostek Horn is in there.?

?Rostek?? Anakin repeated. ?He?s alive in our time.?

?I know.?

?Do you think he?ll remember this??

Valin nodded. ?Nejaa explained to him where I came from. He could hardly forget something like that, could he??

?No,? Anakin agreed. He started walking faster. ?But maybe he can let our parents know that we?re okay.?

?How??

Anakin held up a hand. ?I?m working on it.?

Obi-Wan Kenobi pulled Nejaa aside, away from Rostek and Scerra. ?Nejaa, I?m worried about our temporary padawans.?

?What?s wrong?? Nejaa asked, concerned. He?d sensed the tension in Anakin Solo when he had led Valin out of the apartment. Valin had been subdued the entire time he?d spen
  19. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    FIRST!

Wow, I didn't even know Rostek Horn was still alive during the NJO series. I guess he's the only one who lived from the time of the Old Republic to the Vong War.

Great idea by Valin to use him as a "memory" to let their parents know they're okay!

Can't wait to get back to the NJO time. [face_mischief]

EDIT:
    Iella! :D
  20. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Nice story. The only (minor) quibble is that I think Valin was younger than you are making him. Nejaa was a veteran jedi, with a baby son, Valin (Hal) Horn, Corran's father. Hal was much younger when Nejaa was killed, still remembering a few force exercises, but not much. (See Interlude at Darkknell)

However, minor gripe aside, you've got an interesting story here, especially from a character point of view. You also haven't made the mistake of operating soley with Jedi Characters.

as far as future character inclusion, I'd reccommend Iella. She has a rapport with Corran and Wedge, (both already in the story,) has known both Corran and Hal Horn well, and, as a seasoned intel operative, with a traumatic past history is cold-blooded enough to burn down a future sith lord where he stands if she gets the chance.

Iella. Hands down.

Best of luck with the story.
  21. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Rew:

FIRST! Congrats!

Wow, I didn't even know Rostek Horn was still alive during the NJO series. I guess he's the only one who lived from the time of the Old Republic to the Vong War. lol! I think so! I belive he is mentioned as still being alive in Ruin, and since this story is a couple years after that, I figure he is still alive and kicking...just very old. ;)

Great idea by Valin to use him as a "memory" to let their parents know they're okay! He's a smart kid. ;)

Can't wait to get back to the NJO time.

EDIT:
    Iella!
    Thank you! Vote one!

SnubJockey:

Nice story. The only (minor) quibble is that I think Valin was younger than you are making him. Nejaa was a veteran jedi, with a baby son, Valin (Hal) Horn, Corran's father. Hal was much younger when Nejaa was killed, still remembering a few force exercises, but not much. (See Interlude at Darkknell) You are right, and according to the books, Hal should have been 14 when the purges started. And considering that Corran Horn and Luke Skywalker are the same age, that would make Hal a daddy at 14. I chose to make him Anakin Skywalker's age, and a more active Jedi, because I don't approve of 14 year old Daddies. SO I took a few liberties with his age and history for this story. (Partially why it's alternate universe...and that I ended the Vong wars early. :D)

Interlude at Darknell is a great story! It's where I get my Valin characterization from, and what first inspired me to start writing him. (Also that short story in Tales From the Empire where he and Corran meet up with Thrawn...it's a great one!)

However, minor gripe aside, you've got an interesting story here, especially from a character point of view. You also haven't made the mistake of operating soley with Jedi Characters. Thank you!

as far as future character inclusion, I'd reccommend Iella. She has a rapport with Corran and Wedge, (both already in the story,) has known both Corran and Hal Horn well, and, as a seasoned intel operative, with a traumatic past history is cold-blooded enough to burn down a future sith lord where he stands if she gets the chance. Quite true!

Iella. Hands down.

Best of luck with the story.
    Thank you!

22. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Ielle

I have no idea who the other one is.

Sending a message might be a bad idea seeing that the Sith might get ahold of it. And if the effects don't wear off in a day that would be very bad!
  23. Niju Jedi Knight

star 1
    very great update!
    it´s going to be very interesting!

hug niju
  24. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nicely done. Keep up the good work!
  25. Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Master

star 3
    a memory cube? interesting!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade