main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Love the idea of using Rosteck as 'memory cube'. Too bad that kind of conversation goes only one way. ;)
    And the boys begin to realise what changing the furute might mean. Everything is so complicted.

I love it![face_mischief]

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Shouldnt luke be able to tell that it is his father in front of him? or does he already? keep me pm updated please

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great update, lunetta! I continue to love this story.

Anankin and Valin are a good team. I'd love to see you write more with them if/when this story ends.

?No, he isn?t,? Nejaa agreed. ?But what could Palpatine do to cause it, Obi-Wan? He?s aided the Jedi every way he can. He?s amassing too much power, perhaps.? He stroked his chin. ?This probably falls under Things We Shouldn?t Know.?

?I know.? Obi-Wan came close to sighing. ?But it also falls under Things We Can?t Ignore.?

Obi-Wan and Neeja are also fun to read.

Keep up the good work!

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Lady_Misty:

Ielle

I have no idea who the other one is.
    Moranda was chased by Hal for awhile. :)

Sending a message might be a bad idea seeing that the Sith might get ahold of it. And if the effects don't wear off in a day that would be very bad! This is true, though it depends on what they choose to say...

Niju:

very great update!
    it´s going to be very interesting!
    Thank you!

MiralukaJedi:

Very nicely done. Keep up the good work! Thank you!

Jedi_QueenBee:

a memory cube? interesting! Thank you!

MsLanna:

Love the idea of using Rosteck as 'memory cube'. Too bad that kind of conversation goes only one way. This is true!

And the boys begin to realise what changing the furute might mean. Everything is so complicted.

I love it!
    Thank you!

morisson85:

Shouldnt luke be able to tell that it is his father in front of him? or does he already? Lukie might when he actually comes face to face with Anakin. We shall see. :D

keep me pm updated please sure!

brodiew:

Great update, lunetta! I continue to love this story. Awesome. Thank you!

Anankin and Valin are a good team. I'd love to see you write more with them if/when this story ends. Oh, this story better end... ;)

?No, he isn?t,? Nejaa agreed. ?But what could Palpatine do to cause it, Obi-Wan? He?s aided the Jedi every way he can. He?s amassing too much power, perhaps.? He stroked his chin. ?This probably falls under Things We Shouldn?t Know.?

?I know.? Obi-Wan came close to sighing. ?But it also falls under Things We Can?t Ignore.?

Obi-Wan and Neeja are also fun to read.
    Thank you! They've been fun to write!

Keep up the good work! Thank you!

5. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Here is Chapter Nine! It could be the last one for at least a week and a half, because I am going to Europe!!!

Chapter Nine

Imperial City, Coruscant, NJO

After getting a good look at himself in the mirror, Valin decided against removing the tails from his hair. He looked quite dashing, in his opinion. And he didn?t want to offend his granddaughter. It was strange, thinking of himself as a grandfather. For some reason he had an easier time accepting that than the fact that he was a father. Perhaps the title of ?father? was a little too close to home.

Jysella gave Jaina a pleading look. ?Can we go outside??

?Sure,? Jaina said, taking Jysella?s hand. ?Do you want to come, Garm??

?Yeah, I don?t think Jacen will be missing me too much.?

?I?ll let him know you?re coming,? Jaina assured him. She took out her comlink, and hailed Jacen as they exited the infirmary. She led the way to a small courtyard, where grass and flowers had been planted. Jysella ran toward a small playground, and jumped onto an old fashioned swing.

Valin sat down on the grass to watch his granddaughter play, smiling at the pure joy on her face.

Jaina sat next to him and followed his gaze. ?I think Jysella has a crush on you.?

?I don?t think so,? Valin said, coughing hard. The child had certainly attached herself to him, but he suspected she sensed their relation.

?I do.? Jaina smiled. ?I?ve never seen her take to someone so quickly before.?

Valin shrugged. ?Do you baby sit her often??

?No.? Jaina shook her head. ?But I help teach the younglings sometimes. She?s a quick student, except in telekinesis, of course.?

?Of course,? Valin agreed. That certainly confirmed her to be his granddaughter. Halcyons were notoriously bad with telekinesis.

Jaina was watching him. ?Did you know my grandmother, Garm??

Valin hesitated. ?I?ve met the woman I suspect will be your grandmother. Senator Padme Naberrie of Naboo. She was an excellent politician, and quite beautiful.? He studied her carefully. ?You have her face, and small build. Have you any interest in politics??

?No,? Jaina laughed. ?But my mother does. She was Senator of Alderaan when she was eighteen years old.?

?Alderaan?? Valin asked. ?Is that where Anakin and Padme settle?? He had thought that Anakin would choose Corellia, since Corellian Jedi were allowed to marry.

Jaina shrugged. ?I don?t know.?

?Alderaan is a beautiful world,? Valin said, leaning back on his hands. ?Have you been there??

?No,? Jaina said softly, looking down at her feet.

Valin sensed that his question pained her. He frowned. ?Did I say something wrong, Jaina??

Jaina shook her head. ?No, you couldn?t know.? She nudged him. ?Don?t worry about it, okay??

?Okay,? Valin agreed. He wondered how it was possible that Jaina wasn?t aware of the prophecy of the Chose One. How could she not know where her grandparents had chosen to live? Did Anakin die young?

An older man approached them, sporting a red bionic eye. Valin sat up straight, watching the man carefully. He thought he recognized him from somewhere. ?Hello.? Valin greeted the man. He rose to his feet, and offered Jaina a hand to help her up.

Jaina arched an eyebrow, and stood up without his help. ?Hello, Booster.?

?New boyfriend, Solo?? Booster asked, jabbing his thumb at Valin. ?Kind of funny looking isn?t he? What happened to his hair??

?Your granddaughter decided to make him pretty,? Jaina informed him, rolling her eyes. ?And he isn?t my boyfriend.?

?Well his hair?s the only thing that isn?t funny looking, then,? Booster decided.

Valin stared at him. He shared a granddaughter with this man? Jaina had called him Booster?he snapped his fingers. ?You?re Booster Terrik!?

?Your boyfriend?s quick, Jaina,? Booster said, smirking. ?Give him a cookie.?

?You were partnered with Llollulion shortly before the Clone Wars,? Valin said, undaunted by Booster?s insults. He was surprised

6. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    interresting story! =D=
    i like it very much!! [face_dancing]
    hope it will continue so good like it starts!!

hug niju

7. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Can't wait to see what happens next!

8. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I imagine the meeting between Luke and Anakin to be like this:

Corran: Luke, this is Cliegg Lars. He's a Jedi from the Old Republic.

Luke and Anakin shake hands.

Luke: You remind me of someone.

Anakin: Who?

Luke notices what lightsaber is hanging from Anakin's belt. He backs away.

Luke: No.

And then he faints.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The few times that I met Booster I thought he was a riot! [face_laugh]

Kyp is lucky that Anakin/Cliegg was unfamiliar with X-Wings he'd been a goner in seconds!

I do hope that Anakin Solo and Valin don't do anything rash.

I wonder if Valin/Garm is going to look Alderaan up or try to find the currant senator.

I do hope that Luke gets an opportunity to meet his father.

10. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    COMPLETLY AWESOME!!!! loveing it...except I want soooo badly to see the luke and anakin reuion! lol this is such a great build up.

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late :(

I want to get a specific chapter up before I leave for Europe

Cool. Have fun :D

Anakin shrugged, then shivered at the memory of meeting Palpatine. ?I nearly drew my saber on him, and he?smiled.?

He seemed to really enjoy that in RotJ too... always creeped me out [face_worried]

?I don?t know,? Anakin replied, his voice soft. ?But we can?t just let him continue to visit the Temple without letting the Jedi know who he is, can we??
    ?No.? Valin shook his head.

Wow. They already seem to be in agreement on making a huge change to the past [face_thinking] This will have far-reaching implications.

Valin pursed his lips. ?I met my grandmother today. My grandfather was supposed to go on a date with her tonight. What if she doesn?t forgive him for standing him up? Then my grandparents will never get married. What if we tell the Council about Palpatine, and they kill him early? Our parents met because of the Rebellion. We could cease to exist, Anakin.?

This is a great point. There are a lot of people who wouldn't exist, and it's possible the future they'd end up creating would actually be worse than the one they've already experienced.

?No,? Anakin agreed. He started walking faster. ?But maybe he can let our parents know that we?re okay.?
    ?How??
    Anakin held up a hand. ?I?m working on it.?

Ahh, I think I know what he has in mind [face_mischief] Very clever.

Have to agree with Obi here. They can't just disregard anything they learn from the timetravelers because "they shouldn't know it."

Nejaa focused his attention on Rostek Horn. His former CorSec partner had an impeccable memory. Valin Horn was directing the message to him. He smiled at his great grandson?s ingenuity. ?I am certain that we find a way to get a message to your parents.? He directed a covert glance to Obi-Wan. ?It will keep them busy,? he whispered.

lol. Kind of what I figured they would try.

Great post, lunetta =D= :D I'm more convinced than ever Anakin and Valin are going to try and change the past.

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Now for chapter 9...

After getting a good look at himself in the mirror, Valin decided against removing the tails from his hair. He looked quite dashing, in his opinion.

[face_laugh]

?New boyfriend, Solo?? Booster asked, jabbing his thumb at Valin. ?Kind of funny looking isn?t he? What happened to his hair??

lol. Booster takes a natural dislike to Horns :p

?Your boyfriend?s quick, Jaina,? Booster said, smirking. ?Give him a cookie.?

[face_laugh] :_|

?Owen Lars was Luke Skywalker?s step uncle,? Corran explained. ?Perhaps Luke will recognize you.?

That's something I've been wondering...

?Qui-Gon Jinn bet on a pod race against Wattoo to win my freedom,? Cliegg replied, looking down at the floor. ?He couldn?t free my mother as well.?

He's giving away too much information [face_worried]

Kyp glared. ?I suppose you would have done better, Corran??
    ?That goes without saying.?

:D

Corran held up his free hand. ?No.? He started running the message through a new set of encryption codes that were designed to read genetic coding. Rostek told him that he just remembered something very strange, and wondered if Corran could make sense of it. ?He remembers seeing Valin in the Jedi Temple with my grandparents.?

That's what I thought would happen :D Guess we've seen our first example of Anakin and Valin making ripples in the past that work their way to the future.

Corran sighed. ?Hope that they don?t do anything too stupid.?

They're already half way there :p

Another excellent post, lunetta :D I really enjoyed Booster in this. Really made me laugh and I loved how grumpy he was.

Post more soon :)

13. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    great chapter, and mean to keep us hanging until they meet each other ..

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You forgot to tell me you had started a story. I found it anyway...

I love the premise. Swapping a couple of reckless padawans across time will certainly be entertaining. I'm anxious for Luke meeting his father.

Wish I was going to Europe. I hope you have a great time.

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005

Hmm, with that info about 'Cliegg' they should be able to find out some stuff, huh?[face_mischief] And I can't wait for Luke to meet him...[face_dancing]

So using Rostek as message cube worked.[face_laugh]
    Go kids of the future!

16. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Wonder what Anakin's going to think when he finds out Leia's full name: Organa Solo.

Anakin's P.O.V: Why is my daughter's name Organa Solo? Did Bail Organa and Padm'e begin... NO![face_laugh]

17. AndY_SolO

AndY_SolO Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2006

Hi!!!

i love the story! i cant wait the meeting of Luke, Leia with Anakin!

keep on plz!

18. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i just love this story

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ?That was over forty years ago kid.? Booster gave him a considering look. His real eye sparkled. ?Nejaa Halcyon never caught up with me. Where do you get your information from?

Is Booster delusional...or not? I loved this interaction.

I'm also glad the boys were able to get their message through. Can they avoid furhter trouble?

And will Cliegg find the answers he looking for?

?Alderaan?? Valin asked. ?Is that where Anakin and Padme settle?? He had thought that Anakin would choose Corellia, since Corellian Jedi were allowed to marry.

Jaina shrugged. ?I don?t know.?

?Alderaan is a beautiful world,? Valin said, leaning back on his hands. ?Have you been there??

?No,? Jaina said softly, looking down at her feet.

Touching scene between Jaina and Neeja. Sad that he can't know what upset her.

Keep it up!

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Niju:

interresting story!
    i like it very much!!
    hope it will continue so good like it starts!!
    Thank you!

MiralukaJedi:

Very nice. Can't wait to see what happens next! Thank you!

LittleMissNightsaber:

I imagine the meeting between Luke and Anakin to be like this:

Corran: Luke, this is Cliegg Lars. He's a Jedi from the Old Republic.

Luke and Anakin shake hands.

Luke: You remind me of someone.

Anakin: Who?

Luke notices what lightsaber is hanging from Anakin's belt. He backs away.

Luke: No.

And then he faints.
    lol! Possible... ;)

Lady_Misty:

The few times that I met Booster I thought he was a riot! He's fun.

Kyp is lucky that Anakin/Cliegg was unfamiliar with X-Wings he'd been a goner in seconds! Definitely!

I do hope that Anakin Solo and Valin don't do anything rash. Who you calling rash? ;)

I wonder if Valin/Garm is going to look Alderaan up or try to find the currant senator. Could be trouble...

I do hope that Luke gets an opportunity to meet his father. We shall see!

jacensolofangirl2007:

COMPLETLY AWESOME!!!! loveing it...except I want soooo badly to see the luke and anakin reuion! lol this is such a great build up. It will happen, maybe... ;)

YodaKenobi:

Sorry I'm late It's alright!

I want to get a specific chapter up before I leave for Europe

Cool. Have fun
    Oh, I did... ;)

Anakin shrugged, then shivered at the memory of meeting Palpatine. ?I nearly drew my saber on him, and he?smiled.?

He seemed to really enjoy that in RotJ too... always creeped me out
    Me too!

?I don?t know,? Anakin replied, his voice soft. ?But we can?t just let him continue to visit the Temple without letting the Jedi know who he is, can we??
    ?No.? Valin shook his head.

Wow. They already seem to be in agreement on making a huge change to the past This will have far-reaching implications.
    Could be trouble...

Valin pursed his lips. ?I met my grandmother today. My grandfather was supposed to go on a date with her tonight. What if she doesn?t forgive him for standing him up? Then my grandparents will never get married. What if we tell the Council about Palpatine, and they kill him early? Our parents met because of the Rebellion. We could cease to exist, Anakin.?

This is a great point. There are a lot of people who wouldn't exist, and it's possible the future they'd end up creating would actually be worse than the one they've already experienced.
    Quite true!

?No,? Anakin agreed. He started walking faster. ?But maybe he can let our parents know that we?re okay.?
    ?How??
    Anakin held up a hand. ?I?m working on it.?

Ahh, I think I know what he has in mind Very clever.
    He's a smart kid. ;)

Have to agree with Obi here. They can't just disregard anything they learn from the timetravelers because "they shouldn't know it."
    Quite true!

Nejaa focused his attention on Rostek Horn. His former CorSec partner had an impeccable memory. Valin Horn was directing the message to him. He smiled at his great grandson?s ingenuity. ?I am certain that we find a way to get a message to your parents.? He directed a covert glance to Obi-Wan. ?It will keep them busy,? he whispered.

lol. Kind of what I figured they would try.

Great post, lunetta I'm more convinced than ever Anakin and Valin are going to try and change the past.
    Thank you! And they just might...

YodaKenobi:

lol. Booster takes a natural dislike to Horns
    Especially the one who sent him to Kessel. ;)

?Owen Lars was Luke Skywalker?s step uncle,? Corran explained. ?Perhaps Luke will recognize you.?

That's something I've been wondering...
    Corran

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Here is Chapter Ten! It's a long one, be forewarned. :D I will do PMs later...I am going hiking!

Chapter Ten

Luke Skywalker didn?t expect his meeting to go over well. It wasn?t every day they lost two apprentices to the past, and inherited two Jedi of the republic in their place. The main worry was what Anakin Solo and Valin Horn would do in the past, and who they might run into. Luke feared for their safety, but he had to leave them in the hands of his former Masters, Obi-Wan and Yoda.

The other problem was their visiting Knights. Luke had only met Garm, but he seemed quite opposed to learning anything about his future. But with the knowledge that the Jedi order would dwindle down to less than a hundred, he had to be curious. And curiosity would certainly make him more cautious when he returned to his time. Luke wondered if they had already managed to change the future. Or was that the way events were supposed to take place?

?You?re going to give yourself a headache, farm boy,? Mara said, coming up beside him. ?The consequences of time travel are impossible to figure out.?

?I never thought I would have to,? Luke admitted, pulling her close to him. ?I never imagined that the Crystal would work.?

?Seems impossible,? Mara said, watching the other Jedi leave the room. It had been agreed that they would try to shield the two visiting Knights from learning about Anakin Skywalker?s fall. As much as possible. They were also going to attempt to keep them from having too much contact with the other Jedi.

Luke wondered how long they were going to be able to prevent contact. ?Had I known it would work, I would never have sent Anakin. The temptation was too great for him.?

?He?s more than redeemed his name through his heroics during the Vong war,? Mara gave him a sharp look. ?But like any true Skywalker, it isn?t enough for him.?

?I know,? Luke agreed. ?I think in some small way he fears that he may follow in his grandfather?s footsteps, and if he can redeem Darth Vader, he doesn?t need to worry that someday he will fall.?

Mara nodded. ?And Valin Horn would follow him wherever he went.?

?Like most of our younger apprentices,? Luke sighed. ?And Valin has a grandfather he?d like to save as well.?

?Right.?

Luke half closed his eyes. ?I can feel my father?s presence, Mara,? he said softly. ?Stronger than I have in years.?

Mara frowned. ?What do you think it means??

?I don?t know.? Luke shrugged. ?Maybe with Anakin in the past, he has greater power in this time. Or it?s his way of letting me know that everything will be okay.?

?Maybe.? Mara nudged Luke. ?You?re hoping he succeeds, aren?t you??

?It would be nice to have my father back,? Luke said, pressing his hand to her cheek. ?But the risks are great, Mara.?

Mara arched an eyebrow. ?You think I couldn?t find you if the past changes, Skywalker??

Luke smiled and touched his forehead to hers. ?I believe you can.?

?Good,? Mara said, pushing away from him. ?We still have an audience, Skywalker.? She indicated Tionne and Mirax, who had lingered behind.

?I didn?t want to mention this in the meeting, Luke,? Tionne began, approaching him and Mara. ?But I?ve studied the Crystal of Transportation before.?

Luke nodded. ?And why didn?t you want to mention it in front of the others??

?It?s rumors, mainly.? Tionne shrugged. ?Nothing concrete.?

?What did you find??

?Almost everything agrees that the Crystal shouldn?t work all the time. The people who trade places must have a connection. Perhaps a similar purpose for traveling through time.?

Luke frowned. ?I got the impression from Garm that he came here by accident.?

?Then perhaps Anakin and Valin traveled to the past by accident.?

Mirax shook her head. ?Valin has always wanted to meet his grandfather. Everyone who knew Hal speaks so well of him, that sometimes I think Valin isn?t sure he can measure up. He would probably try to prevent his death, for Corran?s sake.?

22. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    So the truth comes out. Well, at least part of the truth. I bet the Anakin reveal won't take too long now.

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Part of the truth has come out. How much do you want to bet that they'll connect the dots and figure out that that Cleigg is really Anakin Skywalker?

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ahh, one truth uncovered. I'm surprised Luke hasn't figured out his father yet, especially with the name Cliegg Lars.

25. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    I wonder what will ahppen to Corran once he finds out that his father has come from the Past.:confused: