main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Wow! Looks like the cat's out of the bag now! [face_laugh]

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    And curiosity would certainly make him more cautious when he returned to his time. Luke wondered if they had already managed to change the future. Or was that the way events were supposed to take place?

Yeah, I've been wondering that too [face_thinking] This time travel stuff is dangerous!

?I know,? Luke agreed. ?I think in some small way he fears that he may follow in his grandfather?s footsteps, and if he can redeem Darth Vader, he doesn?t need to worry that someday he will fall.?

I really like that. Can totally see that motivating Anakin.

?It would be nice to have my father back,? Luke said, pressing his hand to her cheek. ?But the risks are great, Mara.?

I wonder what Luke would do in Anakin Solo's shoes right now [face_thinking] The temptation might be too great for him too.

?Almost everything agrees that the Crystal shouldn?t work all the time. The people who trade places must have a connection. Perhaps a similar purpose for traveling through time.?

I like that you've made this so it can't happen all the time.

"I've learned a few techniques from Corran," Mirax admitted. "But I would like to talk to my father, first. He needs to know what is going on with Valin. He is watching Jysella right now, so we should be able to find him on the way."

Glad to see Mirax getting involved :D

Jacen shook his head. "He's not." He looked down at her bare feet, and frowned. "You haven't been walking around barefoot outside of the temple grounds, have you?"
    Tahiri rolled her eyes. "Spare me the lecture on the diseases I'll catch from it, Jacen.

lol

"Where is the Crystal, Jacen??
    "Why?"
    "Because I'm going to use it to drag his stupid butt back here."

Perfect Tahiri :D

?Yours?? Mirax asked, meeting his gaze. ?The Jedi on the credit is Nejaa Halcyon. Was your father friends with him??
    Jaina?s eyes widened. ?Garm, you said that the Jedi on the credit was your father.?
    ?He is,? Valin said slowly. ?I am his son, Valin Halcyon.?

Well, it had to come out sooner or later. I really like the way you did it :)

Another great post, lunetta :D I enjoyed the conversation between Mara and Luke and the hints that Luke might be as bad as his nephew about changing things. Was also another great scene with Valin Halcyon, and I loved Tahiri showing up. She's a favorite of mine :)

Terrific all the way around =D=

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    *delurks*

The story has taken a turn.....for the good or for the bad? :eek:[face_thinking]

4. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    hehehe i love this

5. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Ah! Timetravel: the fanfic of gods!

This is an interesting approach to the idea! It's great, please keep it up! :)

6. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Darn sill no revelation fro Anakin :p

great post by the way :D

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    What? Valin spilled! Evil cliffie, lunetta, but I was thankful for the longer chapter.

Liked the Luke/Mara stuff and still wonder what will happen when Luke meets Anakin.

And, do the kids still have time to get into more trouble?

Fascinated!

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Luke half closed his eyes. ?I can feel my father?s presence, Mara,? he said softly. ?Stronger than I have in years.?

Ooooh, yes! Meeting! Meeting! [face_dancing]

?Maybe with Anakin in the past, he has greater power in this time. Or it?s his way of letting me know that everything will be okay.?

:oops:
    And he's Grand Master. [face_plain]

Mara arched an eyebrow. ?You think I couldn?t find you if the past changes, Skywalker??

Luke smiled and touched his forehead to hers. ?I believe you can.?

[face_love]
    Of course she would. Nothing can stop Mara Jade.:D

?She didn?t take it from her father,? Valin interjected. ?It?s mine.?

?Yours?? Mirax asked, meeting his gaze. ?The Jedi on the credit is Nejaa Halcyon. Was your father friends with him??

Jaina?s eyes widened. ?Garm, you said that the Jedi on the credit was your father.?

Yes! Finally things start to come out.
    Buuut- I can't believe I still ahve to wait for the meeting of Anakin and Luke.
    You like to torture me.:_|

Great update. =D=

[/quote]

9. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    This fic is awesome!=D=

I like the idea, oh what could happen the possibilities are endless.

If your still doing a PM list do you think you could add me?

Well either way I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.[face_peace]

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    so part of that truth gets out. now when will Anakin's turn be?

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ultima_1:

So the truth comes out. Well, at least part of the truth. I bet the Anakin reveal won't take too long now. Perhaps...

Lady_Misty:

Part of the truth has come out. How much do you want to bet that they'll connect the dots and figure out that that Cleigg is really Anakin Skywalker? Don't know if I would take that bet. ;)

RebelMom:

Ahh, one truth uncovered. I'm surprised Luke hasn't figured out his father yet, especially with the name Cliegg Lars. True...but in his defense, I don't think he's expecting it.

Jedi_QueenBee:

I wonder what will ahppen to Corran once he finds out that his father has come from the Past. I think it will shock him a bit. :)

MiralukaJedi:

Wow! Looks like the cat's out of the bag now! Quite! ;)

YodaKenobi:

Yeah, I've been wondering that too This time travel stuff is dangerous! Quite true!

?I know,? Luke agreed. ?I think in some small way he fears that he may follow in his grandfather?s footsteps, and if he can redeem Darth Vader, he doesn?t need to worry that someday he will fall.?

I really like that. Can totally see that motivating Anakin.
    Thank you. :)

?It would be nice to have my father back,? Luke said, pressing his hand to her cheek. ?But the risks are great, Mara.?

I wonder what Luke would do in Anakin Solo's shoes right now The temptation might be too great for him too.
    Quite!

?Almost everything agrees that the Crystal shouldn?t work all the time. The people who trade places must have a connection. Perhaps a similar purpose for traveling through time.?

I like that you've made this so it can't happen all the time.
    Thank you. :)

"I've learned a few techniques from Corran," Mirax admitted. "But I would like to talk to my father, first. He needs to know what is going on with Valin. He is watching Jysella right now, so we should be able to find him on the way."

Glad to see Mirax getting involved
    As she should be! :D

"Where is the Crystal, Jacen??
    "Why?"
    "Because I'm going to use it to drag his stupid butt back here."

Perfect Tahiri
    Good! I wondered.

Well, it had to come out sooner or later. I really like the way you did it
    Thank you, had to decide between a few different ways...

Another great post, lunetta I enjoyed the conversation between Mara and Luke and the hints that Luke might be as bad as his nephew about changing things. Was also another great scene with Valin Halcyon, and I loved Tahiri showing up. She's a favorite of mine

Terrific all the way around
    Thank you very much!

Jedi_Liz:

*delurks*

The story has taken a turn.....for the good or for the bad?
    We shall see.

frankieskywalker:

hehehe i love this Thank you. :)

lost_lauries_grapes:

Ah! Timetravel: the fanfic of gods! Or the Force? ;)

This is an interesting approach to the idea! It's great, please keep it up! Thank you!

morrison85:

Darn sill no revelation fro Anakin

great post by the way
    Thank you! Not yet for Anakin...

brodiew:

What? Valin spilled! Valin was cornered into it. ;)

Evil cliffie, lunetta, but I was thankful for the longer chapter. Excellent!

Liked the Luke/Mara stuff and still wonder what will happen when Luke meets Anakin.

And, do the kids still have time to get into more trouble?
    Naturally!

Fascinated! Awesome!

MsLanna:

Luke half closed his eyes. ?I can feel my father?s presence, Mara,? he said softly. ?Stronger than I have in years.?

Ooooh, yes! Meeting! Meeting!
    Maybe!

?Maybe

12. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999

Chapter Eleven
    Coruscant, Old Republic

Anakin Solo was worried. His encounter with Palpatine still disturbed him. When Uncle Luke was a young Knight, he hadn?t been able to defeat Palpatine in battle. How did he know if he could? And should he even confront Palpatine?
    He and Valin were also walking a thin line. Anything they could do here, anything that might prevent the Rebellion, could lead to their non-existence. He wondered if even now, Rostek Horn was reporting their safety to his parents. But was it enough?

Obi-Wan led him and Anakin out of Nejaa?s apartments. ?What kind of a memory cube are you thinking of, Anakin??

Anakin exchanged a glance with Valin. They weren?t about to tell him that they were using Rostek Horn. Rostek was the only person in the room still alive in their day. ?Perhaps a droid, Master.?

?There is a small likelihood the message would make it to your time,? Obi-Wan pointed out. ?Droids have frequent memory wipes.?

?Not my Uncle?s droids,? Anakin said, smiling. ?He likes their personalities.?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Sounds like a son of my padawan. Anakin built a rather annoying protocol droid for his mother when he was ten years old. He hasn?t let us wipe it?s memory since.?

Anakin was intrigued. ?I built a droid when I was a kid too.?

?Do you allow it to have memory wipes??

?No.? Anakin laughed. ?It blew up.?

?That might be an improvement to See-Threepio.?

Anakin stopped walking. ?It can?t be the same droid.?

?I take it you have a See-Threepio??

?He?s been with the family for years,? Anakin said, nodding. ?My dad thinks he?s obnoxious. But I like him, he used to baby-sit me.?

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. ?I see.?

?That would be pretty funny if it is See-Threepio,? Valin said, laughing. ?All the times I?ve heard him thank the Maker??

?He?d be thanking my grandfather,? Anakin finished for him. It would rather ironic, especially if he ever said it during the days of the Rebellion. ?Can you take me to this See-Threepio??

?I would, but he gave it to Senator Amidala.? Obi-Wan frowned. ?Perhaps as a wedding present, Nejaa??

?Perhaps,? Nejaa answered. ?She must be an understanding lady.?

Anakin glanced sharply at Obi-Wan. This Senator Amidala was his grandmother? He wanted to meet her. ?Does she live at the Temple??

?No, but she lives close by,? Obi-Wan answered.

?Do you think she would be at home right now?? Anakin asked casually.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. ?What about sending a message to your parents??

?After.?

?I don?t know if you boys should leave the temple.?

?It wouldn?t harm anything, Obi-Wan,? Nejaa said softly. ?Let him meet his grandmother.?

?Yeah,? Anakin said. ?Maybe we could use See-Threepio to send a message?never mind. He?d blurt it out at the wrong moment, probably.?

?Anakin has an astromech droid you could use,? Obi-Wan offered. ?The message may not make it to your time, but it?s a chance. It?s less likely to have a memory wipe.?

Anakin was intrigued. ?What model is it??

?Artoo Detoo.?

?That?s an interesting coincidence,? Valin said, meeting Anakin?s gaze. ?See-Threepio and Artoo Detoo belonging to your grandparents??

?Your uncle has an Artoo unit as well?? Obi-Wan asked Anakin. ?Sounds like they?re keeping the droids in the family. The Astromech could be your best chance at sending a message to your parents.?

Anakin nodded, rubbing his hands together. ?I can program him not to deliver it until both Valin and I go missing. Where is he??

?In our apartments,? Obi-Wan said, gesturing down the hall. ?It?ll probably lecture Anakin for leaving it there all day.?

?If it?s the Artoo I know, he definitely will.?

Coruscant, New Republic

Luke Skywalker wasn?t often surprised, but Garm?s admission was enough to shock the entire group into silence. Booster Terrick was the first to break it. He stomped over to Valin, studying him carefully. ?There?s no w

13. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i cant wait fot the first meeting

14. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    i think like frankie
    that will be very interresting!

great chapter =D=

hug niju

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah ha, Luke has figured it out. Can't wait for the first meet.

Would you please put me on your PM list? Thanks.

16. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    I'm really interested now in seeing how the switch all plays out in the end. And whether the theorised 'day trip' will last only that long. Great way to build suspense.

17. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    this is the best post you've had . GREAT WORK padawan lunetta

18. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    I usually read stories from the Saga section. The Force led me to the Before section and this excellent story. I was so hoping that Luke and Anakin had met by the time I reach the end. Alas, it was not to be. [face_hypnotized]

Please add me the PM list for future updates. This is very well written and the characters ring true.

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Just found this fic and I love it. I knew Luke would be able to peg his Father down quickly and I oh I can't wait for a reunion, even if Luke is older then his Father, awesome and I can't wait for the next update.

Please put me on your pm list

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Will Luke keep the secret of the fact that he becomes Darth Vader from Anakin, er, Cliegg, or will he tell him? Either way.....More More More? [face_praying]

21. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    More! More! More!

Man, lunetta, you seem to like giving us a abrupt endings and cliffhangers.

Keep up the good work... no, not good work. Great Work!:)

22. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    So Luke knows huh, no shock there.

I want to know how Leia well take seeing her dad, as the hero Anakin Skywalwer and not the bad guy Vader.

Be looking forward to more, thanks for the PM btw.

[face_peace]

23. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Hrmpf, no meeting yet. But the idea of young Anakin getting to mess with R2 sound like great fun. :D

I really love this story.[face_love]

24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Once one connection is made all the others fall into place.

I sound like Charlie Eppes! :cool:

Maybe being on Kessel did something for Booster's personality and I like him the way he is.

Will Luke go see his father? It kinda is his last chance. [face_hopeful]

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    When Uncle Luke was a young Knight, he hadn?t been able to defeat Palpatine in battle. How did he know if he could? And should he even confront Palpatine?

Yeah, I love Anakin and think he's awesome, but him challenging Palpatine at this stage is probably a good way to end up dead [face_worried]

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Sounds like a son of my padawan. Anakin built a rather annoying protocol droid for his mother when he was ten years old. He hasn?t let us wipe it?s memory since.?
    Anakin was intrigued. ?I built a droid when I was a kid too.?
    ?Do you allow it to have memory wipes??
    ?No.? Anakin laughed. ?It blew up.?

[face_laugh]

Glad you included that.

?He?d be thanking my grandfather,? Anakin finished for him. It would rather ironic, especially if he ever said it during the days of the Rebellion. ?Can you take me to this See-Threepio??
    ?I would, but he gave it to Senator Amidala.? Obi-Wan frowned. ?Perhaps as a wedding present, Nejaa??
    ?Perhaps,? Nejaa answered. ?She must be an understanding lady.?

They're figuring a lot of things out now. Have to wonder about the impact it will have [face_worried]

?Yeah,? Anakin said. ?Maybe we could use See-Threepio to send a message?never mind. He?d blurt it out at the wrong moment, probably.?

[face_laugh]

Anakin nodded, rubbing his hands together. ?I can program him not to deliver it until both Valin and I go missing. Where is he??

I have a feeling this will work.

?I never claimed to be.? Valin met Booster?s gaze. ?I am Valin Halcyon.? He turned his attention to Luke Skywalker. ?Please excuse the deception, Luke. I wasn?t about to give my real name after traveling forty years into the future. I feared I might run into myself, and while I?m sure we would get along famously, it would be a little weird.?

[face_laugh] :_|

?I can see why the Crystal worked for you, Valin,? Tionne interjected gently. ?You have an obvious connection to Valin Horn. But what is Cliegg?s to you or Anakin Solo??
    Valin arched an eyebrow at Luke, who stiffened and reached for Mara?s hand. He?d sensed his father?s presence stronger than he had in years. ?He?s my father, isn?t he??
    ?He is, Luke,? Valin answered, smiling. ?And he couldn?t be prouder of the fact.?

Well, looks like Luke has figured out everything now too. The question is: will he want to see Anakin Skywalker or not? And if he does, what will he say to him? Will he tell him about Vader, the purge, the Emperor, etc.? [face_thinking]

Great post, lunetta :D I can't wait to see what you do with this. I have no idea what's going to happen now.