Beyond Namesake (Anakin Solo trades places with Anakin Skywalker, and Valin Horn with Valin Halcyon-07-01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 13, 2009.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SilverWolf77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This story is really good!!:D
    I love time travel stories, and this is as good as they get!!
    I love the way Jysella liked Valin from the beginning. It was so cute [face_love]
    Luke finally knows the truth!! I can't wait until he gets a chance to talk to his father! & Leia, too![face_hypnotized]
    Ankain gets to meet Padme? That's gunna be interesting!!
    Could I pretty please be on a pm list? :)
    I can't wait to read more!!

~SW[face_peace]
  2. DarthVetinari Jedi Master

star 1
    Finally!! I can't wait for the meeting between Luke and Anakin and I think that Luke will be very tempted to tell his father about the future! A meeting between Anakin jr and Padme also sounds very intriguing.

Great work!
  3. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great chapter :) . Can't wait for the meeting , at least Luke gets his little brain cells on the way xD
  4. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    frankieskywalker:

i cant wait fot the first meeting Thank you! Me either!

Niju:

i think like frankie
    that will be very interresting!
    Hopefully!

great chapter

hug niju
    Thank you! [:D]

RebelMom:

Ah ha, Luke has figured it out. Can't wait for the first meet. Lukie's a smart cookie!

Would you please put me on your PM list? Thanks. Of course!

MiralukaJedi:

I'm really interested now in seeing how the switch all plays out in the end. And whether the theorised 'day trip' will last only that long. Great way to build suspense. We shall see! Thank you!

Jedi_QueenBee:

this is the best post you've had . GREAT WORK padawan lunetta Thank you!

Force_Chick:

I usually read stories from the Saga section. The Force led me to the Before section and this excellent story. I am glad the Force led you here! I was debating whether to put this in The Saga, or Beyond the Saga (since it fits both) but I went with Beyond.

I was so hoping that Luke and Anakin had met by the time I reach the end. Alas, it was not to be. Sorry, it's coming, it's coming.

Please add me the PM list for future updates. This is very well written and the characters ring true. Thank you very much! You are added!

JediFalcon:

Just found this fic and I love it. I knew Luke would be able to peg his Father down quickly and I oh I can't wait for a reunion, even if Luke is older then his Father, awesome and I can't wait for the next update. Thank you very much for reading! It's quite fun that Lukie is older. :)

Please put me on your pm list You're added!

Jedi_Liz:

Will Luke keep the secret of the fact that he becomes Darth Vader from Anakin, er, Cliegg, or will he tell him? Either way.....More More More? We shall see!

LittleMissNightsaber:

More! More! More!

Man, lunetta, you seem to like giving us a abrupt endings and cliffhangers.
    I love them!

Keep up the good work... no, not good work. Great Work! Thank you!

Anime_Jedi:

So Luke knows huh, no shock there. Quite true.

I want to know how Leia well take seeing her dad, as the hero Anakin Skywalwer and not the bad guy Vader. It will be great.

Be looking forward to more, thanks for the PM btw. You are welcome! Thank you for reading!

MsLanna:

Hrmpf, no meeting yet. But the idea of young Anakin getting to mess with R2 sound like great fun. Hehehhehe.

I really love this story. Thank you!

Lady_Misty:

Once one connection is made all the others fall into place. This is true.

I sound like Charlie Eppes! Quite!

Maybe being on Kessel did something for Booster's personality and I like him the way he is. Me too! But he would do anything to get out of those five, boring years at Kessel. (It's funny that boredom is one of the things that offended him the most. ;))

Will Luke go see his father? It kinda is his last chance. [face_hopeful] He might...

YodaKenobi:

When Uncle Luke was a young Knight, he hadn?t been able to defeat Palpatine in battle. How did he know if he could? And should he even confront Palpatine?

Yeah, I love Anakin and think he's awesome, but him challenging Palpatine at this stage is probably a good way to end up dead
    Definitely!

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Sounds like a son of my padawan. Anakin built a rather annoying protocol droid for his mother when he was ten years old. He hasn?t let us wipe it?s memory since.?
    Anakin was intrigued. ?I built a droid when I was a kid too.?
    ?Do you allow it to have memory wipes??
    ?No.? Anakin laughed. ?It blew up.?

Glad you included that.
    I had to, it's a nice parellel to Anakin Skywalker. Glad you liked it! :D

?He?d be thanking my grandfather,? Anakin finished for him. It would rather ironi
  5. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Chapter Twelve

?I want to see him,? Luke said firmly, holding tight to Mara?s hand. ?He is with Kyp Durron??

Valin nodded. ?They seem to get along well.?

?Imagine that,? Mara said dryly. She tugged Luke?s hand. ?We need to talk, Luke.?

?Right,? Luke said, allowing Mara to lead him away from the group. He longed to go to the Spaceport, to meet his father, even if he was only in his twenties. ?What is it, Mara??

Mara took both of his hands, and looked up into his eyes. ?Luke, you have to stop your father from turning to the Dark Side.?

Luke blinked. ?What??

?Luke, Anakin Skywalker knows who you are, and he knows that you survived him. What do you think Darth Vader would do with that information??

?He might know where to find me sooner,? Luke said, gripping her hands tightly.

Mara nodded, pain darkening her green eyes. ?He?ll either have you killed, or train you as Palpatine trained me. We would be raised to hate each other, Luke.?

?We moved past that before, Mara,? Luke said, touching his forehead to hers.

?Only because you showed me the way, Luke. Who will show you??

Luke closed his eyes. ?I can?t just tell my father that he?s going to turn to the Dark Side and kill thousands of Jedi. If he?s wavering, it might turn him sooner.?

Mara pursed her lips. ?It would help if we knew what triggered his fall,? she said, glancing back toward Valin. ?But we may not need it.?

?What do you mean??

?We don?t know why he turns to the Dark Side Luke, but we know who turns him. I think we should list Palpatine?s crimes for our future Cor-Sec detective.?

Luke blinked. ?That could work, but Valin has asked to not hear anything about his future. He?s not going to appreciate it.?

Mara shrugged. ?Doesn?t matter. If we tell Hal Horn that Palpatine is a Dark Lord of the Sith, what do you think he?ll do??

?He?ll ask for evidence.?

?And then??

?He?ll attempt to have him arrested,? Luke answered, frowning. ?I hope we aren?t going to get him killed, Mara.?

?He?s too smart for that, Luke,? Mara said, releasing his hands. ?With Rostek?s help, he managed to shield both himself and Corran from Imperial detection. And I think he?s a bit too cautious to take on Palpatine himself.?

Cautious was certainly a good way to describe Valin Halcyon. ?You?re right,? he said, glancing back toward the group. ?We?ll tell him.? He wrapped his arm around her and held her close. They were attempting to change their future, and he worried about how it would turn out. ?I never imagined the Crystal would be this dangerous.?

?I suspect the circumstances had to be extraordinary to make it work,? Mara said, leaning against him. ?You couldn?t have known Anakin would use it.?

Luke nodded. He?d sent his nephews to find the Crystal as a diversion. ?I wasn?t surprised that he used it, just that it worked.?

?And who it sent in his place??

?Yes,? Luke agreed, leading her back toward the group. ?Let?s go tell Valin, and then I?m going to the Spaceport.?

Valin Halcyon was surprised at the response when he said who Cliegg Lars was. Instead of the pure shock he?d sensed at hearing his name, he detected fear. Jaina paled. ?I met my grandfather and you didn?t tell me??

?We had agreed to keep our names secret, for the time being.?

Jacen shook his head. ?I should have known it was him. He felt?familiar.?

?Kyp Durron and Anakin Skywalker?? Booster demanded. ?That?s an explosive combination.?

?Disastrous,? Mirax murmured. She took Jysella from Booster to hold her daughter close. ?What do you think of Anakin Skywalker, Valin??

Valin frowned, concerned by their reactions. ?He is an excellent Jedi, and a good friend of mine. He saved my father?s life.? He studied their faces. ?I understand he can seem intimidating, since he is the Chosen One, but I trust him.?

?You trust him?? Booster repeated, lifting his finger. ?Let me tell you something, Horn??

Mirax caug
  6. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Excellent update, and they're telling Valin, this will definitly change the future. If they tell Anakin on how he's going to act towards his future family, he may not turn and take off Palpatines head instead.

Axiously awaiting more [face_dancing]
  7. whateveritis12 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Good chapter though I would've liked for Luke to meet up with Anakin, or possibly Anakin meet up with Padme. But that's probably something for next chapter.
  8. SilverWolf77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great job!!
    Luke let them change the past? o_O
    But what if he never meets Mara? Or Leia & Han never meet? :(
    He's taking a pretty big chance...
    & Valin took the news about Palpitine rather well...
    At least better than Anakin will!!:p
    Can't wait til the next postie!!
    Thanks for the PM!!

~SW[face_peace]
  9. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    Dangerous to play with time it is :p
  10. Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Master

star 3
    so , Valin knows about Palpy!!!!

excellent twist of events.o_O
  11. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Now that'll change things big time. And what's more Hal believes them.
  12. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Stretching out the meeting I see. Sneaky one, you are. It would be nice to see Palpy get arrested though it will be difficult.
  13. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    JediFalcon:

Excellent update, and they're telling Valin, this will definitly change the future. If they tell Anakin on how he's going to act towards his future family, he may not turn and take off Palpatines head instead. This is true!

Axiously awaiting more Thank you!

whateveritis12:

Good chapter though I would've liked for Luke to meet up with Anakin, or possibly Anakin meet up with Padme. But that's probably something for next chapter. It's coming, it's coming... ;)

SilverWolf77:

Great job!!
    Luke let them change the past?
    But what if he never meets Mara? Or Leia & Han never meet?
    The past is already going to change, since Anakin is aware of Luke and Leia. If he knows this as Darth Vader, the results could be...disastrous. You'll see what happens. :-D

He's taking a pretty big chance... It's that or Darth Lukie takes on the Galaxy...

& Valin took the news about Palpitine rather well... It's more Jedi\Cor-Sec facade than anything else. He needs some time to think. :)

At least better than Anakin will!! lol! This is true!

Can't wait til the next postie!!
    Thanks for the PM!!
    Thank you and you're welcome!

morrison85:

Dangerous to play with time it is :p Quite...

Jedi_QueenBee:

so , Valin knows about Palpy!!!! This is true!

excellent twist of events. Thank you!

MiralukaJedi:

Wow! Now that'll change things big time. And what's more Hal believes them. The thousands of missing Jedi help with that one...and everyone's reaction to him saying "Palpatine." :-D

RebelMom:

Stretching out the meeting I see. Sneaky one, you are. It would be nice to see Palpy get arrested though it will be difficult. Very difficult...which is they need Corran and Iella. Maybe he has some speeding tickets they can use to nail him... ;)

Off to Vegas!!! :-D
  14. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooh, Valin knows the truth and it seemed to take it well.

Anakin is probably going to either be angry or/and have a melt down of some type.
  15. Anime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This getting more interesting, as long as no one dies in the past everything should be cool.

Kinda, eh maybe time can hurt your brain.:oops:

Nice update, Luke saying yes to changing the past.

Hmmm maybe if they change it they can build a better world eh galaxy.

[face_peace]

16. frankieskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm glad luke didnt tell valin about vader
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    ?I want to see him,? Luke said firmly

Well, I guess that answers that question :p

?He is with Kyp Durron??
    Valin nodded. ?They seem to get along well.?
    ?Imagine that,? Mara said dryly.

[face_laugh]

Mara took both of his hands, and looked up into his eyes. ?Luke, you have to stop your father from turning to the Dark Side.?

This could potentially be disasterous. What if something worse happens because Anakin Skywalker doesn't fall? [face_thinking]

?Luke, Anakin Skywalker knows who you are, and he knows that you survived him. What do you think Darth Vader would do with that information??

I hadn't even thought of that! :eek:

?We don?t know why he turns to the Dark Side Luke, but we know who turns him. I think we should list Palpatine?s crimes for our future Cor-Sec detective.?

There's an idea [face_thinking]

?He?ll attempt to have him arrested,? Luke answered, frowning. ?I hope we aren?t going to get him killed, Mara.?

Hopefully he'll be smart enough to bring a lot of Jedi Masters with him [face_worried]

?Kyp Durron and Anakin Skywalker?? Booster demanded. ?That?s an explosive combination.?

Poor Kyp :p

?I?ve already heard about this,? Jaina said impatiently. ?Our grandfather was born of the midichlorians, Jacen. Do you know what that means? Our great-grandfather?s the Force.?

lol. Yep, that's the way I always think of it too :p

Luke and Mara returned, with Luke?s arm around her. ?Valin, there?s something Mara and I feel you need to know before you return to your own time.?
    Valin nodded. ?What is that??
    Mara met his gaze. ?High Chancellor Palpatine is a Dark Lord of the Sith.?

And here I was thinking Anakin Solo was going to be the imulsive one who tried to change the past [face_laugh]

?But I cannot accuse him of being a Dark Lord of the Sith without proof,? Valin said, rubbing his chin. ?And I imagine that will be hard to find. Perhaps if we could get him on a secondary charge of embezzlement, slavery, or any other illegal activities- first, the discovery that he is a Sith could follow.?

If they can get Anakin Skywalker to believe them, he could get close enough to Palpatine to get some evidence, I would think [face_thinking]

Mara might know something about Palpatine's affairs too, though I guess her time with him was when he was actually the Emperor.

Valin hesitated. The thought of meeting his son momentarily frightened him. He wasn?t ready to be a father, and Corran would be unable to think of him as anything but his father. Valin straightened his shoulders, deciding that, for the moment, he was just going to have to be Dad. ?I?ll go with you.?

This is getting exciting. I can't wait to see if it works and what the ramifications of all of this will be :D Is it going to change time Back to the Future-style? Is it going to create alternate universes?

Great post, lunetta! =D= Post more soon :)

18. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome updates as usual, padawan lunetta!

Now it's all out in the open. But confronting Anakin directly might not be the best course. Enter Ha-Valin Halcyon. Great idea giving him the dirt on Palpatine. But it's going to change the future? Hmmm. Will you actually allow that to happen, lunetta? If so, I'm very intrigued by what kind of future you come up with.

As with all that has gone before in the fic, you are the master innuendo future/past foreboding. Valin Halycon's consternation over Booster's obivious dislike and distrust of Anakin Skywalker was well played.

you have also done a great job laying down your cards slowly. The plotting and developement on this is fantastic. You're bringing it to a slow boil, but I can feel the temperature rising.

As a side note, the young ones seem to to be takling a back seat. That's ok, the Skywalker/Halcyon story is gripping!
  19. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    As one who always goes barefoot myself, I'm so going to use this line! :D

And awesome build-up so far. You sure do love dragging this out and torturing us, don't you? :p
  20. frankieskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    is there a pm list if there is add me please
  21. AndY_SolO Jedi Knight

Hey!

this is fantastic! please continue

and if theres a pm list, could u add me ??
  22. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh my goodness!!!!!! they know they know they know!!! this is great! I never ever excepted or thought about Anakin knowing about luke and leia too early and messing up their lives maybe once he turns darth vader! this is an amazing plot twist! I never would have thought of this in a million years!! So exciting this is. Please hurry with the next chapter! i'm sitting on the edge of my seat!!!!
  23. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Lady_Misty:

Ooh, Valin knows the truth and it seemed to take it well. Yes. :-D

Anakin is probably going to either be angry or/and have a melt down of some type. More than likely!

Anime_Jedi:

This getting more interesting, as long as no one dies in the past everything should be cool.

Kinda, eh maybe time can hurt your brain.
    lol! It hurts mine!

Nice update, Luke saying yes to changing the past.

Hmmm maybe if they change it they can build a better world eh galaxy.
    Could be...

frankieskywalker:

i'm glad luke didnt tell valin about vader Me too... I don't think Valin would take it as well as he did Palpatine.

YodaKenobi:

?I want to see him,? Luke said firmly

Well, I guess that answers that question
    Certainly does!

This could potentially be disasterous. What if something worse happens because Anakin Skywalker doesn't fall?
    Quite true!

I hadn't even thought of that!
    That's a major problem...

There's an idea
    :-D

Hopefully he'll be smart enough to bring a lot of Jedi Masters with him
    Like... a few thousand? ;)

Poor Kyp
    hehehe

?I?ve already heard about this,? Jaina said impatiently. ?Our grandfather was born of the midichlorians, Jacen. Do you know what that means? Our great-grandfather?s the Force.?

lol. Yep, that's the way I always think of it too
    Kind of crazy :-D

Luke and Mara returned, with Luke?s arm around her. ?Valin, there?s something Mara and I feel you need to know before you return to your own time.?
    Valin nodded. ?What is that??
    Mara met his gaze. ?High Chancellor Palpatine is a Dark Lord of the Sith.?

And here I was thinking Anakin Solo was going to be the imulsive one who tried to change the past
    I'm sure he'll want his chance! ;)

?But I cannot accuse him of being a Dark Lord of the Sith without proof,? Valin said, rubbing his chin. ?And I imagine that will be hard to find. Perhaps if we could get him on a secondary charge of embezzlement, slavery, or any other illegal activities- first, the discovery that he is a Sith could follow.?

If they can get Anakin Skywalker to believe them, he could get close enough to Palpatine to get some evidence, I would think
    Good point!

Mara might know something about Palpatine's affairs too, though I guess her time with him was when he was actually the Emperor. True.

Valin hesitated. The thought of meeting his son momentarily frightened him. He wasn?t ready to be a father, and Corran would be unable to think of him as anything but his father. Valin straightened his shoulders, deciding that, for the moment, he was just going to have to be Dad. ?I?ll go with you.?

This is getting exciting. I can't wait to see if it works and what the ramifications of all of this will be Is it going to change time Back to the Future-style? Is it going to create alternate universes?
    We shall see!!!

Great post, lunetta! Post more soon Is two weeks later soon enough? ;)

brodiew:

Awesome updates as usual, padawan lunetta! Thank you!

Now it's all out in the open. But confronting Anakin directly might not be the best course. Enter Ha-Valin Halcyon. Great idea giving him the dirt on Palpatine. But it's going to change the future? Hmmm. Will you actually allow that to
  24. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Chapter Thirteen

Luke Skywalker was nervous when he entered the spaceport with Valin. The younger man had been quiet on the trip over, and Luke assumed he was mulling over the idea that Palpatine was a Dark Lord of the Sith. The fact that he was going to meet his son, too, could make him silent. Luke could sense his father not too far away, and quickened his step toward the hangar that housed Kyp?s Dozen. Valin followed closely behind him, scanning the spaceport around them.

Kyp Durron stood outside an X-wing, talking with a tall, brown haired man. Luke recognized the young man as his father, his presence was bright in the Force, lacking the taint of the Dark Side. Luke hesitated, and Valin walked up beside him.

?That?s Anakin Skywalker.?

?I know,? Luke said, watching as Anakin turned to look at them. His father smiled when he recognized Valin, and walked quickly over to them.

?Garm!? Anakin said, and gestured to the X-wing. ?These ships are amazing. I just vaped Durron here in single combat.?

Kyp rolled his eyes. ?It was a lucky shot, Cliegg.?

?That?s great, Anakin,? Valin said, clapping Anakin?s shoulder. ?This is Grand Master Luke Skywalker. He?s asked to meet you.?

Anakin stiffened, and looked Luke up and down. ?My son??

?Anakin Skywalker?? Kyp demanded, turning pale.

?Yes,? Valin said, taking his arm. ?Do you know where Corran Horn is??

?He?s giving his assessment of the new rogues to Darklighter,? Kyp said, still staring at Anakin.

?Can you take me to him?? Valin asked. ?I?d love to meet him.?

?You won?t say that after you meet him,? Kyp said, finally getting the hint. He followed Valin, leaving father and son alone.

?I hear you?re an excellent pilot,? Anakin said, glancing up at the X-wing. ?Corran Horn brought your name up after watching my sim.?

Luke nodded, uncertain what to say. He never imagined he would see his father again, and he certainly didn?t expect his father to be less than half his age. ?I founded Rogue Squadron. I handed the squadron over to Wedge when I retired.?

?Why did you retire??

?I needed to focus more on the Jedi,? Luke answered. ?I didn?t have time for both.?

Anakin frowned and walked over to him. ?Is it because so many Jedi die, Luke??

The pain in his father?s voice was evident, and Luke looked away. It was hard to see his father so young and bright in the Force, and so concerned about the fate of the Jedi. Luke wondered what had caused his father to turn. ?Yes,? he answered carefully. ?There was a lot of work to be done in the early days.? He shook his head. ?There?s a lot of work to do now.?

?I have been trying to think of what would cause so many Jedi to die,? Anakin said, studying Luke. ?I am guessing the Separatists, and the Sith.? He glanced down at his right arm, flexing it. ?They?re more powerful than I realized.?

Luke felt a chill run up his spine at his father?s words. He could sense now that Anakin?s right arm was mechanical. ?Did you fight one??

?Count Dooku,? Anakin replied. ?He used to be Master Yoda?s padawan. Neither Obi-Wan or I could take him.? He shook his head. ?Master Yoda had to fight him, and Dooku even managed to escape him.?

?I?d like to see Master Yoda fight,? Luke said, unable to suppress a smile at the thought. He sobered. ?So Count Dooku is still alive??

Anakin nodded. ?When I see him again, I?ll be ready for him.?

Luke blinked at his father?s reckless words. It reminded him of when he left Dagobah to rescue Han and Leia. He was so certain that he was ready to face Darth Vader to save them. Luke winced, and clenched his right hand. The pain of the first time he met his father was hard to forget with Anakin Skywalker standing beside him. He remembered then that Darth Vader had wanted him to join him, and how Palpatine himself had wanted Luke to slay Darth Vader in order to become his apprentice. Would that be how Anakin joined Palpatine? By killing Count Dooku? He met his father?s gaz
  25. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    'What Happened To Your Hand, Luke?'

Uh-Oh:eek:
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade