main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Naming, a KaEB inspired Viggy on January 15th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    This little viggy is in repsonce in part to the "writer's challange" Light, and is an offshoot of my 'little' story Knights and Eros Bound (showing here) but you need not have read it to understand this one...

(with hugs and kisses to my beta geo3)

Naming

First Blossom time, Correllia.

Schurke Canaille, former Jedi Knight turned Corellian Magistrate, walked out onto the balcony of his home. His wife, Kampher, lay sleeping peacefully in their bed having given birth to their daughter only a few hours before. Peacefully...

In a galaxy still torn asunder by warfare, Shurke wondered, and not for the first time, whether his daughter would ever truly know what peace meant.

As he looked out to the stars, the prospect, the reality of fatherhood drew his thoughts back to his old way of life.

Although Correllia had tried to distance itself from the core Republic?s political doings, news and gossip still filtered down. The Jedi, once widely regarded as the peace keepers of the Galaxy, were slowly falling out of favor. The Senate was falling into shambles, torn asunder by scandal and divided loyalties. One of the major uproars, a relative tempest in a teapot under normal circumstances, was the revelation that the unmarried Senator from Naboo, Padmé Amidala, was pregnant. However, what made it scandalous, an offense so to speak, was the rumor that the father was a Jedi. Not just any Jedi, but the golden child himself, Anakin Skywalker.

Both Schurke and Kampher had known of Anakin?s involvement with the Senator from Naboo, but since they had parted ways (months? It seemed like a lifetime ago...) they had heard very little from Anakin. It saddened Shurke a little. They had spent so many years together as Padawans. Anakin?Kam?And Gris? Gris, lost to them not in the war itself, but to her own battle against the darkness within. A battle much like the one that Anakin always had seemed to be fighting within himself?

Schurke considered himself blessed. He had spent the better part of his time in the Order trying to fill a void. Like Anakin, he was always had sought approval and acceptance in an Order that demanded detachment, and like Anakin, he had fallen in love. However, unlike Anakin, he had been able to follow his heart completely, with the love of his life by his side after all?

?Schurke?? A soft voice came from behind him, interrupting his reverie. . ?It?s almost time isn?t it? It?s nearly daylight.?

Kam quietly had wandered up next to him with their infant girl snuggled comfortably against her breast. Schurke turned to his wife and smiled. Anakin was part of the old life... the Jedi life that he and Kampher had turned their backs on with little, if any regret. Perhaps someday, Anakin himself would understand that some things were worth letting go of?

The first threads of daylight began creeping over the horizon as first Kampher, and then Schurke touched their new daughter?s head to their hearts and kissed her forehead.. Schurke carefully took the little girl out of her wrappings. She squirmed in the chill of the morning air, but didn?t fuss, soothed by the presence of her loving guardians. She had a shock of black hair and dark eyes and such light skin?she looked so tiny in his large hands! So tiny and yet so? momentous.

At last, as the sun finally rose, and Schurke raised their child to the dawn, presenting her to the light? to the Force.

?Aubé...? Schurke?s voice was soft, but it was an announcement of her name to the heavens.

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved this. It's so nice to know they had a happy ending.

It's also a little bittersweet, considering the friends can really no longer be in contact. I bet Kam and Schurke would love for Anakin to meet their daughter.

Perhaps someday, Anakin himself would understand that some things were worth letting go of?

Wonderful line! Anakin indeed has to learn to let go - on so many levels.

Beautiful how he raised her to the light for the naming.

3. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    A beautiful little vignette ....

Keep it up my dear Breezy...

4. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    She squirmed in the chill of the morning air, but didn?t fuss, soothed by the presence of her loving guardians.

Nice, Breezy.

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Beautiful story my friend. :) Anything with Schurke and Kam in it. :)

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a wonderful little story. I hope you will continue to give us little updates on how they are doing in relationship to what is going on in the galaxy. Wouldn't mind seeing how A/P are doing also. You do such a wonderful job in describing both of these relationships. :)

7. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That was great! I loved how everything was new ? the first blossom season, the light of a new day, Kam and Schurke?s new life together, their new homeworld and their new baby. So optimistic and golden. How could they not be happy? And, of course, Schurke still concerned for his friend Ani? I never gave much thought to the galactic magnitude of Padmé and Anakin?s scandal.

Aubé?She has a name and a description?That is coming perilously close to admitting she needs her story told?

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Gina

Loved this. It's so nice to know they had a happy ending.
    Thanks!

It's also a little bittersweet, considering the friends can really no longer be in contact. I bet Kam and Schurke would love for Anakin to meet their daughter.

Anakin indeed has to learn to let go - on so many levels.

Yes he does?

Beautiful how he raised her to the light for the naming.

It just seemed ? Right

GunraysLawyer

A beautiful little vignette ....

Thank you, I?m glad you liked it! 

MyEternalRest

Nice, Breezy.

Once again, thank you!

anakin_girl

Beautiful story my friend. Anything with Schurke and Kam in it.

I?m glad you like them?

CrystalKenobi

That was a wonderful little story. I hope you will continue to give us little updates on how they are doing in relationship to what is going on in the galaxy.

I?ll have to see what the muse says?

Wouldn't mind seeing how A/P are doing also. You do such a wonderful job in describing both of these relationships.

Well, I covered Ani and Padmé in ?Come Undone??

Reihla

That was great! I loved how everything was new ? the first blossom season, the light of a new day, Kam and Schurke?s new life together, their new homeworld and their new baby. So optimistic and golden. How could they not be happy? And, of course, Schurke still concerned for his friend Ani? I never gave much thought to the galactic magnitude of Padmé and Anakin?s scandal.

Well, she was a rather prominent Senator and Anakin was supposedly a hero of the Clone Wars?.

Aubé?She has a name and a description?That is coming perilously close to admitting she needs her story told?

Isn?t it funny? I know what she looks like as an adult, I know how Kam and especially Schurke feel about things right now? we?ll just have to see what happens!

[face_love]

9. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    A lovely little viggie about light - and perhaps it offers some lessons on light, as well - on remaining within the light, that is:

1. Choose love.

2. Keep it real.

3. Know thyself.

Beautiful!

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Thank you oh treasured freind and beta!

[face_love]

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Another aww... shucks viggie from the Schurke/Kampher universe.

A longed-for insight into the lives of a pair of beloved characters: their flourishing careers and the blessing of a beautiful child.

And even with all the feel-good emotion this story generates, the clouds of an approaching storm are stark in the readers' consciousness:

In a galaxy still torn asunder by warfare, Shurke wondered, and not for the first time, whether his daughter would ever truly know what peace meant.

P.S. Methinks Breezy should take up Lex's suggestion of writing a Canaille viggie in the era of the Purges.. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.