main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] National Novel Writing Month 2011- Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'm going to have to power through a ton before rehearsal tonight, but I'm still determined to make it happen.

As for post-NaNo writing, I definitely plan to keep it up, though at a less breakneck pace. I'm looking forward to actually having more time to sew again... I have several projects that involve real clothes, and not just costumes, and I really want to get rolling on those. Soon, very soon! First, more words!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Powered through today and managed to get 50,027 according to the verifier. Probably the easiest win so far in that I didn't run out of story with a few thousand to go. Still, it did get a bit rambley at the end, but it's still done and I'm happy with it. Time to find out how to make it into an ebook so I can read through it on my kindle.

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, great job! =D=

Last day of NaNo here in Germany (at almost 1 AM), but I'm done with 50,102 words. Wohoo! And I even have 23 more hours to add something....

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I am DONE with 50,856. I'm going to print like 8 certificates and dip them in bronze.

CONGRATS and great work to everyone whether you crossed the 50K mark or not!!! We've all worked so hard! Group hug!!! [:D]

5. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Calling it a day at 45,529. Less than 5k tomorrow- easy peasy. :p

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Almost there....

For those in timezones where NaNo is still going - good luck on the last day word push!

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks! :D I'm probably even more pleased about it as I've spent all month trying to catch up.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Last day to make the push to 50,000!!
    (I'll update the word counts when I get home from my first day at a new job. Right now I'm too nervous and would probably delete them all! :p )

Congrats to those who have made it!=D=
    If you are close... you can do it! We're all cheering you on! :D

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, two weeks ago. I started a new fanfic story and have 28854 words in so far, but I did not go NaNo. This is something that I do for myself only. Right now I have time for writing.

Soon there might be a 2nd job coming up for me with 8 more lessons to teach else where. Then I do not have Mondays and Wednesday off and our financial situation might finally relax again.

I write not for the amount of words. I write because it is fun and it is a hobby which does not cost anything and gives me so much when I am down. It is like with painting. My art ideas also come from a source deep inside me.

But seeing, dear Chilla, that you were very busy with your NaNo thingy, I might be able to do something for you. Earlybird-Obi_Wan made me a special present with an envelope full of unstamped Dutch post stamps. I also happen to have something that you might like. It will not be on time, like me doing anything with NaNo this year, but after all the harsh pressure you set on yourself I might send you something that you really need.

[:D]

I even consider, if I am not running out of sponsored stamps here to also play Nikolaus/ Sinterklaas/ Saint Nikolas for another frantic NaNo writer. MsLanna/ Etain also deserves something for her sleepless nights and efforts.

But first I have to get my own deadline and read through 22 class tests. Tomorrow at 8:00 am no teacher is allowed to fill more marks into the school system. I better begin the corrections, knowing me.

10. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Okay, I'm calling it a night, so my final word count for this year is 56,650 (and could I tealified too? Pretty please? [face_batting] )

There's a lot more to this story, though. I'll definitely keep writing.

Congrats to everyone who made it! And those who didn't - you still wrote a lot, so yay! =D= Aaaand if there's anyone still writing... go go go, you can do it! [face_dancing]

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    One day more! Another day another destiny! This neverending road to calvary! These men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time, one day more...

:D

Congrats to everyone who won, and YOU CAN DO IT! to everyone finishing up!

12. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    ...and 50,073. WINNING. :p

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I did not meet the NaNo goal of 50,000... but then, I wasn't trying to. I resolved to write, and I did. That was my goal. (And, also, to keep a new years fic resolution. Can't forget that.)

For those that made it there: =D= [:D] [face_dancing] =D= Well done.

14. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I got to 40,300+ words. Not quite there, but close.

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    And I am done! The final count is 50,005!

16. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Final count: 15,223. It's not finished by a long shot, but what I have already is the longest story I've ever written.

17. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Finished last night at 50,325! Mercifully, our power wasn't knocked out like a bunch of people in the city... I hope all the other LA wrimos were able to validate. [face_worried]

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I disappeared for the Month of November, but am proud to say I met my personal goal of 100 000 words in November!

I hit 50K by mid months and pushed on through - what a rush!

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that if you weren't able to validate for technical reasons they have a thread on the NaNo forums for manual validation procedures. You can see it here. This is valid after all time zones have left Nov 30 behind.

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    So the USB flash rive with all my stuff on it? Dead. Broken. Thankfully, I have most of it saved elsewhere, but I lost four chapter - the FOUR MOST IMPORTANT CHAPTERS. And stupid me didn't save a copy of the entire novel elsewhere after validating.

I want to cry.

21. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh no! That sucks. I'm really sorry. Is there no chance that the flash drive might recover? Maybe you can take it to a tech place and they can retrieve the contents? Eeeep, in any case, I feel for you, I really do. [:D]

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [:D] Oh man! I've been there, I totally feel for you!!

Try looking for file recovery software if you can, there are a few free ones that are really good; or take it some place professional... [:D]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [:D]

24. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    The problem is that the USB key itself is broken. And there's no way to fix it unless I pay big bucks.

I decided to suck it up and rewrite those four chapters. And while deciding that, I also decided to rework my big climax. Heh.

25. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    There's an old saying that's appropriate to instances like this:

"In times of loss, there are often opportunities."

Or something equally polemic and vapid. ;)

Anyway, my point was that I've been there, and it's funny how losing stuff like that can lead us to writing something that turns out better than our original plans. It's sort of like accidentally smashing the sapphire you dug up only to go back to the mine to find a ten-carat diamond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.