main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] National Novel Writing Month 2011- Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations to everyone who won!! =D= @};-

If you didn't win, congratulations as well! Remember, it's not the destination but the journey! :)

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to do the final word count update... the new job is making me exhausted! [face_tired]

2. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Final word counts have been updated!

Collectively we wrote 894,444 words in November!
    13 of us crossed the 50K line!

So who is planning on editing (or finishing) right away and who doesn't want to look at it for a little while?

3. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Well done all, whether you won or not!

I'll definitely be revisiting mine. It needs quite a bit of love before I post it up on the forums here.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Busy with editting and adding the smaller scenes and beginning with the artwork for Refuge

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm leaving it for now - trying to catch up on reading!

Edit - just a note that the NaNo icons will probably come down around Dec 7.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm wanting to publish my novel and get it up on Create Space before January (yay for five free paper copies). Does anyone want to edit/concrit it? It has same-sex relationships and poly relationships, in case that makes a difference either way. Maybe you'll even get a signed copy. [face_batting]

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, my plan is to finish it all off by December 20, since I took a shot at finishing Blue Side and was so close to the end. And I'd like to be able to say that I finished writing it before the MMO came out. So, that's my goal. I figure I've got about 20-ish pages left. Maybe 30. Knowing me, I can stretch that into 40 or even 50. But I'm going to try to keep it to the point, and if I need more verbosity I can add it in as I start editing and posting. :p

8. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm still writing as well. I really want to get this thing finished so I can post it up here!

I made another spreadsheet, by the way, if anyone's looking for something to track their progress in December. It takes your NaNo into account, other than that it does pretty much the same as my NaNo spreadsheet. More info and download link is here.

Good luck to everyone who's still writing!

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Oh dear, am a bit late here but I got to 15129 words in the end. Not great, but not terrible either. Am still writing a little each day when I can. Congrats to all whether you got to 50k or not! =D=

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    To those who continued to write directly after: =D=
    I'm impressed!

The story I was writing is close to being finished and now that I've taken a week off, I'm hoping to get back into it and then work on my NaNo novel from last year I haven't touched in over a year! 8-}

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Whoops! Totally forgot to post that I was a winner. Ended November with 54198 words.

I took half a month off from my story before I started in on it again. Still working on it, still got a long way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.