main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm working on it! Was going to work on it last night but things got crazy what with Disney buying Lucasfilm. I do have two out of likely five pages done! I promised ginchy I'd finish, otherwise she'll kill me, that girl is subtle but scary! ;-)

ginchy likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh yeah, I saw you on Facebook freaking out about the Disney buyout...or was that me? I look forward to reading the end to your fanfic.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    That was you... ;-)

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Participants List Updated!
    Good to see you, RedGold!! :D

I plan on starting at midnight, if only to get a start on it. I like feeling like I'm ahead when I wake up! :p

Less than 10 hours for me... ack! I'm not even remotely prepared!

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm going to panic now. I don't have a plot, or any characters, or any locations, or any names, or a genre, or anything remotely useful to writing a book. Oh, and I'll be starting in an hour and a half.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am panicking now. I have half a plot. ACK![face_nail_biting]I have lots of ideas and scenes written in my head, but I have no idea how to end the story I plan on writing.

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm so excited to see where my characters take me!

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Half a plot is half a plot more than I have! It's now 2:30am and I've got nothing and I can't sleep! :_|

9. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I had a plot, but my muse has decided it doesn't like that one so I'm reverting to one of my backups... which is about 1/4 as fleshed out and at this point has no definite ending. I'm half hoping that I can get to 50,000 without reaching the end so I can worry about that later.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    The big thing that has me panicking is that the story I'm writing will be heavy with action/fighting scenes... my weakness. This will force me to write the action scenes without over thinking them.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've decided not to stress about it. I'm going to work on my creative Non-fiction until it takes me somewhere I get stuck an then will go to my other idea I'm going to try and write 50,000 words on one work, but if it doesn't work out, so long as I write this month it will be an improvement over the past few months!

I've got about 15 minutes until I can start! :D

moosemousse - Have you looked at any of the online writing exercises/prompts. Try taking one of those and just see where it takes you!

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Looks like I'm holding off until tomorrow morning to start- a sore throat is threatening to overtake me tonight, so I'm going to go home, attempt to nuke it with vitamins, get a ton of sleep, and then hit Scrivener tomorrow. It's just as well, my laptop is still at the repair center, so mobile NaNoing is more difficult. I've got my old brick of a laptop, but it's really not the best. [face_plain]

In the meantime, tea! It is the only solution. :p

13. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm in this year--just wrote my first ~2000 words. Trying original fiction this time around. God help me.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, my day got off to an interesting non-writing start. The vacuum cleaner died. Right now I'm airing out the place because it smells of 'burnt motor'. It was pretty old so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Ordered a new one from Amazon UK (similar model, different manufacturer) so it should come next week. Gives me an excuse to not clean..

On the up side if I need the smell of burnt electronics in my novel I know how to describe it...
    Haven't started writing yet - I will after checking on things here. Bad time to open an Episode VII forum from the NaNo point of view! :p

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Started early today and with 10 more hours to go I can make quite a few words. Now at 1014 words with the parts about Siri, Obi-Wan written and tying in with my other stories 'Hiding Water' and 'Inferno'
    Now beginning with the big action part of my story that's lacking a title

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Meant to check in here earlier. I am doing nano again this year, too. But I already feel behind!! :p

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Same here - there's no way I could stay up after midnight to write. :p

ginchy likes this.
  18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I managed to stay up after midnight but my mind was blank, and it still is. :(

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Are you planning on writing fanfiction or original fiction? If it is fanfiction you might want to look at the plot bunny adoption thread.

I'm up to 2800 words so far.

ginchy likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 3305 today. I was able to update the word count on the NaNo site but it looks like the forums are down at the moment. I just get a blank screen if I try to go there.

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Probably all the anxious and eager participants are crashing the site. I finally got to 4214 words. It's all crap, but it is written.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The site is down altogether now. Message says they are doing maintenance. At least I got my word count in! I like the new stats page they give you when you do that.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The site's back up. I am tired of writing. I got up to 6349 words. It is not coherent chapters, just scenes that I wanted in the story. I will try to piece them together later.

24. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    3093 words. Chapter 1 done.

25. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I got 1,685 words written while at work. That's between co workers distracting me, actually doing my job and lunch. I might try to do some more while I'm at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.