[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade, Oct 3, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Made it to 26,482 today. Over halfway there!
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I am so doomed! I just can't seem to write much at all! :_|
  3. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm at 12,221 words. I'm nervous I might not get it all done, too, especially since I start my new (and first!) job on Monday. Hopefully I can get it all in...
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Congrats on the job!

When I did NaNo while working I was in IT. It was easy enough to have a Word document open getting some writing done. Then I'd just email it to my personal email and add it to the novel document later on. It's a great way of writing scenes..
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Nov 9, 2012
  5. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Thank you! I'm going to try and carry around a small notebook and pens in my apron incase things get slow enough for me to write (I'll be working at a bookstore), or even jot down a few notes while I'm eating lunch or on break. Fortunately, my mind writes even when I don't have paper or a computer. Unfortunately, this usually results in talking to myself. Either way, I should get some writing in.
  6. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    25,878 words of disjointed scenes...but I am halfway there.
  7. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    300... which may not seem like much, but totally is. :)
  8. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Congrats! :D Just take a pad or something and write during breaks. Also, writing in your head is good too, but you might forget stuff. I'm sure you'll be fine though. :)

Nope, I agree. Sometimes it's an achievement to write a handful of words.

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm going to a write-in today! I missed it last week as I was at a wedding, but I always love spending the day in Starbucks with my laptop and some friends (if they turn up)! [face_dancing]
    Last edited by moosemousse, Nov 9, 2012
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Now at 22.500 words with writing Siri and Obi-Wan bickering and fighting in a factory. All are just scenes but the main plot is coming around nicely
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Woopwoop! I just hit 10k! [face_dancing]
  11. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Have fun. There was a local write-in at a nearby town to me. I was thinking about going, but I didn't want to tell anybody I was writing SW fanfiction. I am on their NaNo Facebook page and they are all writing serious novels. I sort of felt embarrassed because I probably would be the oldest person there. I should be writing the great American novel detailing my decades of adventures, but no, I'm writing SW bootknocking. It is like 50 Shades of SW Gray.o_O
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Made it to 28,254 today. I hope to break 30K tomorrow.
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Been busy with drawing the main character Ivano Arvedai and here he is (now at 24645 words)
    [IMG]
  14. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    How do you have time to draw AND write nearly 25K words? That is impressive. Nice drawing.

I just broke 30K words today.[face_dancing]
  15. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I probably broke 30K today as I did 10 handwritten pages. But since I haven't typed it in I'll do that tomorrow and update the word count then.
  16. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Stopping at 11587 today. Only 600 words or so since yesterday but I'm tired and can't stop sneezing so I'm off to bed.
  17. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    5789 for me. Lost a lot of time this weekend, but I don't have much on for the next of the month so I still have hope.
  18. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Aarrgghh!! I can't sleep and I'm awake enough to write and I actually know what I want to write too, but we have a power cut!

edit: it's not a power cut, there's a burst pipe and it tripped the power to my room! :eek:
    Last edited by moosemousse, Nov 11, 2012
  19. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm at 21,114 words now. I forgot to fill in my count one day, but so far this year I've managed to stay ahead of my target every day... well pleased with myself. I still haven't figured out the plot entirely, but I'm just kind of going with the flow and hoping it'll all sort out.
    Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a migrane headache. I only wrote 81 words today. I just want to go to sleep.
  21. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I typed in my words from yesterday and I did break 30K - currently at 30,581. But I think I'm coming down with a cold - felt lousy last night and ran some errands this morning, then crashed on the bed after lunch. However, if I still feel that way tomorrow I'm going to give it to my MC - it's probably worth at least a few handwritten pages.
  22. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    1,022 (...which works out to four pages.)
  23. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    At 13,905+ words. Probably could have written more, but had writers block. So I watched Dr. Who with my sister.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Passed the 30 K with 30.255 words now on the count
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Made it to 32,495 today. Giving my MC the cold helped.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade