[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade, Oct 3, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Ack! I keep forgetting to update my word count... as of yesterday 29249

Over half way - yay me :)
    Iverna likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Made it to 34,460 today.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Nov 14, 2012
  3. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    So, haven't gotten more than twenty words offically written since Monday. Think I'm going to change my 'official' goal to 30,000 words, and then try to do another 30 K in December. If I do manage to break 30 K before too long, I'll up it again to 50K. Between the new job, studying for the SAT and doing a volunteer thing all this week (not to mention my little brother being in the hospital and offically being diagnosed with asthma) I am just not sure I'm going to get it all in. [face_sigh]
    Last edited by Book-Geek, Nov 14, 2012
  4. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Life certainly has to come first before NaNo; don't despair if you don't make your word counts guys - sometimes, there's just something more important than writing *hugs to everyone having a hard time*
  5. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    as of last night, word count for me is: 43134

yay - go me. I should finish today at this rate [face_hypnotized]
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm behind schedule at 21357. :( I blame being on vacation last weekend. My goal is to write 10k words this weekend to make up for it.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Now at 44.092 words and with only one weekend to go I should finish the word count soon. But editting and completing the story will be something else
  8. tjace Force Ghost

star 4
    Haven't gotten anything done yet today, but as of last night I'm at 20,224 words. Might be off pace, but that's 5000 more than I got all of last year.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    And I thought being ahead in the 30s was good - you 40s folks have me beat!

Made it to 36,579 today. I'm trying to do about 2,000 words a day.
  10. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Congrats to everyone who is so close! Word counts are updated!

I'm on track for this to be my worst NaNo year ever. A trip for work didn't help any (my coworkers wanted to talk in the airports, which is fine but I didn't get any writing done and there was no time while we were there) and then I've just not been able to write. :( Oh well, I'll keep plunging along and get what I can which is more than I've been writing recently anyway.
    Jade_Max likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I am at 40,362. Boy this story has changed from the rough idea I had originally. A plot is forming, but it went completely off tangent. :p

@earlybird-obi-wan . You are a writing machine! :eek:
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Nov 15, 2012
  12. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    the word count update I like

[:D] [:D][:D] for the rough writing time and troubles!!

Hang in their Mav!

Hang in there everyone - we're at the half way point of the month, lots of time left still![face_dancing]
  13. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Update for the word count tonight and an official change in my project to come this weekend *sighs* ah well ;)

Word count: 47334
  14. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Made it to 38,718 today. I'm hoping to be over 40K by the end of the weekend.
    Jade_Max likes this.
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Had a very productive write-in after a few days of being sick. I finally broke 20k and got to 20368. Taking a break now as I'm tired and not sure what to write next. I'm sure I'll think of something but at least I'm only 5 days behind now, having written 6733 words today! [face_dancing]
    Jade_Max likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Broke the 50 K today with 50.655 words and will have to edit a lot and I am still missing a title. Now it's just 'Ivano' and it is about Ivano helping Jedi. Obi-Wan and Siri have a large part in the story.
    Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  17. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Congrats Earlybird!!=D=

I got in a few more thousand words the last couple days. Word Count: 43,740.
  18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Made it to 40,505 today. I'm taking a well-earned break tomorrow.

Congrats to those already over 50k!
  19. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Word counts updated!

Congrats earlybird!

Keep going everyone! You guys are doing awesome!
  20. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats, Earlybird!

I finally got caught up and am at 28867. I need to get farther ahead because of my schedule later this month though.

Everyone, please remember to back up your NaNo stories if you haven't already. :)
  21. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm having huge problems writing when I'm at home. When I'm at Starbucks I can write relatively easily and I can reward myself with coffee every 2,000 words or so, but when I'm at home I'm just stuck. I tried using video games as a reward, but that didn't help as I just played the games anyway, and I can't think of anything that I could consider a treat. Can anyone help me with my problem? :(
  22. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Chocolate or other candy? Cake or pastry of some kind?
  23. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Buy a big box of your favorite chocolates and allow yourself a piece only after every 500 or 1000 words.

If you are over 21 I guess you can make it into a drinking game, but I wouldn't advise that because your fic will probably start off as a love story and by the 8th drink Luke has gone to the darkside, got into a bar fight and now is sitting drunk in a corner booth with Han saying, "I love you man. You're my best friend." (Plot Bunny!)

Friends don't let other friends do NaNo while drunk!
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Nov 18, 2012
  24. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Girl, you make me ROFL![face_rofl]

I'm rewarding myself with getting to watch Dr. Who with my sister if I break my mini-goal today.
  25. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Bah...I'm done. 50K+ words. I was getting worried that I was running out of things to say. So I kept writing scenes. Now I got to figure out a way to paste all these scenes together. :( And I just realized the Word Count Validator doesn't show up until the 25th of November. So I have plenty of time to screw around with the story.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade