main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Congrats on being done! I hope to be over 50k by the end of the week.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 42,445 today.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I was doing so much better last year. This original fiction thing is hard! But at least I got back up to par!

Jade_Max likes this.
  4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm still way behind, but I think I have an idea for motivation! It'll mean staying up all night, but that's ok! I have a tea pot and lots of tea, so I should make it to morning. :D
    All I need is an idea as to what to write. [face_thinking]

Jade_Max likes this.
  5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yay me - didn't think I'd do it early this year, but I'm done... but not ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That all night writing thing I was going to do? Yeah, it didn't happen. I'm writing a little at the moment, but I'm still too far behind. :(

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats Jade_Max.
    And all of you success.
    I am now editting the story that still lacks a title (that didn't happen before)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 44,591 today. Just about 6,000 to go! I want to be over 50k as the verifier can be off on counts.

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 46,736 today. The end is getting closer!

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated!

Congrats to Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover! =D=

Keep going everyone! There's still time! :D

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Almost there - made it to 48,831 today. Hoping to be over 50k tomorrow.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    2,123 (and =D= to the people who made it to 40,000 so far...)

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 51,307 today. My story isn't done but that should be enough to verify for winning when they start on Sunday! Now I can read the weekend papers guilt-free.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    2,991 (...and I wasn't aiming for 50K. Was aiming to conquer the writer's block. Succeeded... somewhat.)

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Verified my novel and got my winner's goodies this morning! Verifier added 90 words to my count above so my official ending number is 51,397.

A note for those doing this for the first time - try to verify before the last day (Nov 30) as the site can get very busy then.

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated!

Congrats Laj! =D=

Deana- I think getting over writers block would count as a win! (That's what I'm going for as well!)

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Final Word Count: 53,365.

[​IMG]

WOOT!!![face_party]

jcgoble3, Book-Geek and mavjade like this.
  18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I should update my word count, huh?

Currently at 41685 and on schedule to finish on time! I'm kind of bummed that I wasn't able to write as much as I did last year, but considering I was out of town for one of the weekends, I think I did pretty well.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Does anybody else have problems getting to the NaNoWriMo store? I want to get a shirt, but the page never opens, it just times out. I've been trying for over a week with different computers and browsers. All other aspects of the site I can open except the store.

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmm... nope, I just got there without a problem. Clicking on the "store" tab didn't work for me but when the hovertext of "merchandise" came up it took me right there.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They've got a thread going on problems getting to the store in their Tech Help forum. You might want to take a look at that and add your two pence. However, you could also try clearing your cache and cookies for the site to see if that helps..
    I just got there fine in Firefox v 13.0.1 by clicking on 'Merchandise' as described above.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I'm the one over there complaining and they are telling me there is something wrong with my computer. Even though I tried every computer in the house. I haven't been to work in nine days, so when I go back tomorrow I will try the computers there. Maybe it is something to do with my internet connection. Two weeks ago the company changed hands and now I can't access the store, when at the beginning of the month I could access the store. I want to buy my NaNo winner t-shirt. :D

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't even got to 30k yet and there's only five days to go! I am so doomed! :_|

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Did you try clearing your internet temp files and cookies associated with the NaNo and store sites?
    What browser/OS/ internet security are you using?

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I tried everything. It has to be my internet at home because I brought my laptop to work and I got in right away. I don't know what it was. I reset my router, I turned off my firewalls and virus protection. I could get into every page except the store. That was weird. But I got my winner's T-shirt and donated today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.