main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats on being done! I hope to be over 50k by the end of the week.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 42,445 today.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I was doing so much better last year. This original fiction thing is hard! But at least I got back up to par!

Jade_Max likes this.
  4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm still way behind, but I think I have an idea for motivation! It'll mean staying up all night, but that's ok! I have a tea pot and lots of tea, so I should make it to morning. :D
    All I need is an idea as to what to write. [face_thinking]

Jade_Max likes this.
  5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yay me - didn't think I'd do it early this year, but I'm done... but not ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That all night writing thing I was going to do? Yeah, it didn't happen. I'm writing a little at the moment, but I'm still too far behind. :(

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats Jade_Max.
    And all of you success.
    I am now editting the story that still lacks a title (that didn't happen before)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 44,591 today. Just about 6,000 to go! I want to be over 50k as the verifier can be off on counts.

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 46,736 today. The end is getting closer!

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated!

Congrats to Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover! =D=

Keep going everyone! There's still time! :D

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Almost there - made it to 48,831 today. Hoping to be over 50k tomorrow.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    2,123 (and =D= to the people who made it to 40,000 so far...)

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 51,307 today. My story isn't done but that should be enough to verify for winning when they start on Sunday! Now I can read the weekend papers guilt-free.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    2,991 (...and I wasn't aiming for 50K. Was aiming to conquer the writer's block. Succeeded... somewhat.)

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Verified my novel and got my winner's goodies this morning! Verifier added 90 words to my count above so my official ending number is 51,397.

A note for those doing this for the first time - try to verify before the last day (Nov 30) as the site can get very busy then.

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated!

Congrats Laj! =D=

Deana- I think getting over writers block would count as a win! (That's what I'm going for as well!)

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Final Word Count: 53,365.

[​IMG]

WOOT!!![face_party]

jcgoble3, Book-Geek and mavjade like this.
  18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I should update my word count, huh?

Currently at 41685 and on schedule to finish on time! I'm kind of bummed that I wasn't able to write as much as I did last year, but considering I was out of town for one of the weekends, I think I did pretty well.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Does anybody else have problems getting to the NaNoWriMo store? I want to get a shirt, but the page never opens, it just times out. I've been trying for over a week with different computers and browsers. All other aspects of the site I can open except the store.

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmm... nope, I just got there without a problem. Clicking on the "store" tab didn't work for me but when the hovertext of "merchandise" came up it took me right there.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They've got a thread going on problems getting to the store in their Tech Help forum. You might want to take a look at that and add your two pence. However, you could also try clearing your cache and cookies for the site to see if that helps..
    I just got there fine in Firefox v 13.0.1 by clicking on 'Merchandise' as described above.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I'm the one over there complaining and they are telling me there is something wrong with my computer. Even though I tried every computer in the house. I haven't been to work in nine days, so when I go back tomorrow I will try the computers there. Maybe it is something to do with my internet connection. Two weeks ago the company changed hands and now I can't access the store, when at the beginning of the month I could access the store. I want to buy my NaNo winner t-shirt. :D

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't even got to 30k yet and there's only five days to go! I am so doomed! :_|

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Did you try clearing your internet temp files and cookies associated with the NaNo and store sites?
    What browser/OS/ internet security are you using?

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I tried everything. It has to be my internet at home because I brought my laptop to work and I got in right away. I don't know what it was. I reset my router, I turned off my firewalls and virus protection. I could get into every page except the store. That was weird. But I got my winner's T-shirt and donated today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.