main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Narnia Wars I: A Narnia/SW crossover *Gasp* Updated! LAST CHAPTER!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GenOochy, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *slides in on socks*

*arms pinwheel*

*tumbles into heap on the floor*

Oof.

[face_embaressed]

*stands up and whipes hands off*

Sorry about all this......

Umm... Yeah.

Okay!

GenOochy is grounded and can not at this time post an update.

He will be ungrounded, <hopefully> the 28th of July.

I will notify ya'll if it grows. ;) :(

Oh Force... I hope it's no longer....

Nio? This fic has in NO way been abandoned.

:mad:

I'd have BB slap Ty before I'd let him drop it.

2. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Okay, I'm just jumping on to save this fic for the cluches page whatever....

Chapter 9

?No. Aravis, you should get behind with the other archers,? Cor said. ?Corin, you and I can fight together. It?s too bad
    you don?t have some kind of knife or sword,? he said to Aravis. ?But it can?t be helped. Neither of us has a dagger.?

?Well, I have a knife,? Aravis said. ?But it?s only for a last extremity. It?s not really made for hand-to-hand combat, like your swords.?

?Come on, then, Corin,? Cor said, and they went to the forward edge of the battlements.

More Calormenes, and then more came. Then more ladders were put up, ropes were slung over the walls, and even more started climbing up. But no sooner did one reach the top than he came face to face with an armed Narnian: a faun with a sword, a dwarf with an axe, a human with a sword or spear, or even a talking animal with its claws and teeth. And so it was that though there were several hundred Calormenes engaged in the attack, only a couple dozen at a time could be on the front lines.

Finally, after a couple hours, the Narnians heard Imglursil?s voice calling for a retreat. The ladders were brought down, and the ropes lowered, but they set up a sort of camp just below the walls, on the filled-in part of the moat.

?I guess that?s so we can?t take it back,? Corin said dolefully. Groggin, who had been fighting close by, nodded.

?That?s one attack beaten back,? Peter said. ?But have no fear. There will be more.? A hint of a smile flashed across his face, and he sighed wearily. ?Oh yes, there will be more.?

As if in answer to his words, there came a sound of fighting from the Northern side of the castle.

?See? What did I say??

?What are we to do?? Cor asked Peter.

?Should we go and help?? Corin asked.

?How?? Peter asked. ?We are weary, and they are fresh. They will have a better chance than we would.?

?But shouldn?t you be there to lead them??

?Nay, my royal brother Edmund is there to do that. And have no fear. If the Calormenes can be beaten back, he will do it.?

Cor nodded, and both brothers (as well as many others of the Narnian army) strained their eyes to see what was happening on the battlements at the North side of the castle. They couldn?t see much, so I shan?t tell what happened from their point of view.

?Hurrah! The Calormenes have been beaten back!?
    The Narnians at the North side of the castle, looking across to the East, let out a cheer. But even as they were cheering, there came a voice from above them. It was the voice of Crahak the Hawk, and he said, ?Ware below you! They are not yet defeated!?

The Narnians looked over the battlements and saw the Calormenes, bringing a battering ram made of a large tree with all its branches lopped off. (Some of the Narnians let a moan escape them, for they recognized the great tree, and remembered the dryad that had inhabited it.)
    It was brought up to the gate, over the rampart of earth and stones the Calormenes had constructed.
    There came a low, ?buumm? as it hit the gate.

?Stop them!? Edmund cried, and ran to the gatehouse. Some of the stronger men and beasts followed him, and together they tried to interrupt the Calormenes by dropping large stones onto their heads, through holes in the floor of the gatehouse that were put there for that purpose.
    There were five Calormenes on each side of the ram. Four fell under the rain of stones. But four new ones came to take their place.
    The ram hit the gate again.

"Here--Arcormin--help me with this stone," Edmund said. He and Arcormin rolled the large stone to an opening and dropped it squarely on the two front men as they pulled the ram back.

"A direct hit!" Arcormin cried.

?Here come more,? said Edmund. ?Where are the archers? Master Bowman, bring some of your archers here and let them shoot at the Calormenes through the slits.?

?Right away,? said the Master Bowman. He ran off quickly, and came back less than a minute later with a dozen of his archers.

[hr]

?What?s happening? I can?

3. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    *cries*

If I had known that this would happen, I wouldn't have been so adamant about getting it!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

POOR EDMUND!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    what i want to know is: what happened to their 'jedi' help :confused:

5. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    I don't KNOW!!!

Where are they Tim?!?!

6. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Lovely story!

**********WHERE IS OBI-WAN!?!?!****************

Douple UP's

7. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Next!

The night passed slowly. The keep had to be guarded throughout the night, and all creatures, both men and beasts, were exhausted.

Just before dawn there came the sound of armor clinking, and they dimly saw black shapes moving towards them.

?Here they come!? Groggin muttered.
    Peter bowed his head and whispered softly, ?Aslan, please help us!?

Suddenly there came from outside the strangest noise the Narnians had ever heard?a ?loud, rough humming sound,? as Corin described it later.

?Look there!? Groggin said, peering out of an arrow-slit in the wall. ?There is something dark in the sky!?

The Calormenes had seen it too, and were staring up at it with fear. But their fear changed to terror when, without warning, bolts of red light, ?like lightning, with a sound like thunder? as it was described afterwards, came from it, and many of the Calormenes fell as if they had been hit with arrows. The rest fell on their faces and groveled in the dirt crying ?Tash! The bolt of Tash falls from above!?

?What is it?? Corin asked Moonstone, and there was fear in his voice.
    ?I do not know,? Moonstone said.
    ?I think?yes, it is!? Peter cried. ?The Lion be praised! It?s our strange friends from the other world!?
    ?Obi-Wan and Siri?? Corin asked. But Peter did not hear him.

?When I give the word,? he said, speaking to the archers who were standing at the arrow-slits, ?let fly your arrows. I and my brother will lead a sortie through the gate. Kill as many as you can before it gets too thick for you to shoot without endangering our lives. Lune, Peridan, you stay here. It will be up to you to lead a second charge if this fails. But I think it will not.? And with that he and Edmund went to the door and pushed it open.

There were not many Calormenes left alive in the courtyard of the castle, but what few were left put up a faint resistance. It seemed all was lost for them, but the Tarkaan Imglursil?firm to the last?led the remaining outside troops through the main gate of the castle and into the courtyard, and then heavy fighting began.

At least, it appeared to begin. No sooner had the Calormenes gotten to their positions than there came the sound of confusion from the back of their column. The Narnians could dimly see a bright purple light shining behind the Calormenes, darting back and forth.

And then the Calormenes fell back, staring in terror, and as the sun rose above the Eastern Sea, Peter cried out??Siri!?!?.

She ran at the Calormenes, and there was a strange look in her eyes. Imglursil was the only one who seemed to have any courage left. He stepped out to meet her, and then she did a queer thing. She stopped, and stuck out her arm at him. The Tarkaan went flying backwards into the midst of his troops, who, cowering, gave way before him?and Siri, who came swiftly after him. He landed painfully on the ground and tried to get up again?but to late. Siri?s lightsaber swung down towards him, cutting through sword, helmet, and chain mail. He fell back, never to rise again.

?Magic! Sorcery!? the Calormenes wailed, and ran as fast as their legs could carry them towards the beach. A few stopped to fire some arrows when they got to the beach. One of them glanced off Cor?s hauberk, while another bounced off Groggin?s helmet with a resounding ?tink?. Siri?s face twitched, as if she were amused, and she started chasing the Calormenes. ?Siri, come back!? Edmund called. ?They?re defeated, there?s no need to massacre them.? But then the most horrible thing happened. A stray arrow from a Calormene bow hit Siri in the neck. She fell, face-forward, without a cry. She was dead.

The Narnians stood stock still. None of them said anything. None of them looked up, or they would have seen two Calormene ships leaving the harbor: all that were left of the great armada they had begun with.

And then the humming noise stopped. A little later, they recognized Obi-Wan walking towards them. Peter closed his eyes. ?Oh, Aslan,? he whispered.

?Hello!? called Obi-Wan. ?I?m sorry it took us so long to get back, b

8. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

:eek: :( How terribly morbid....

I almost feel extremely upset..... :(

Almost. [face_devil]

*cackle*

SIRI'S DEAD SIRI'S DEAD SIRI'S DEAD!!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Now for Susan..... *cackle* [face_devil]

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You killed Siri!! *pouts.* that was not nice.

10. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    :eek:

You killed Siri!

Cool post though...

is she really dead???

11. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Melody:How terribly morbid....

I almost feel extremely upset.....

Almost.

:p Hey, think of all the characters, you kill...

*cackle*

SIRI'S DEAD SIRI'S DEAD SIRI'S DEAD!!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Now for Susan..... *cackle*

Timothy is not going to be happy with you.....

[b]Mel's Master:[/b] [i]You killed Siri!! *pouts.* that was not nice.[/i]

Maybe not, but, I bet it was still fun. ]:)

[hr]

[b]JediKlea:[/b] Yes, she is. :(

12. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff*

och, sirah, you killed my bestest best friend... :(
    okay, not exactly, but SiriGallia is my best friend, and she chose Siri as her SW name, so you sorta...uh, you shocked me, anyway.
    WHAAAAAA!!!!!! :_|

(okay, nio is back after one baby sister's birth and many months away from F.net ) :D *glares at all those sighs and snickers*

Wow, great post!! I thought this story was dropped (sorry Jade [face_blush] )

Anyway, very nice battle scene, very well done. I was listening to Helm's Deep (book on CD) yesterday, and was thinking 'man, I'm NEVER going to be able to write battle scenes this good.' and you weren't tolkien, but you were much better than me!!! :D :D ;)

-Nio

ps
    off note, anyone see the ROTK trailer?? i've trying to watch it enough to be able to dream it... :)

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Sorr I haven't been here for ages. :(

Cool posts. And Siri's dead! [face_plain]

Up.

14. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Aftter a long wait..
    Sorry ya'll.

The final chapter! :D

Chapter XI
    The Lion

The next few days were miserable. There were many burials; Siri's took place a couple days after the battle. There was a feast to celebrate the victory, but few had any appetite for it. King Lune and the other Archenlanders stayed a week longer, but then they left.

"Peter," said Lucy one day. "Can I speak with you?"
    "Of course, Lu. What's the matter?"
    "I'm worried about our friend Obi-Wan. I know he lost his comrade, and mourning for her is right--we all mourn for the friends we've lost--but it has been two weeks now, and he is changed. You wouldn't expect him to be the same after what has happened, but there's something more than that. I know he tries to hide it, but I can tell he is suffering."
    "I've been thinking about him, too," Peter answered. "But I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it. We've only known him for a little, and-well-I wouldn't know what to say to him."
    "There must be something we can do for him. Couldn't you try to speak to him? Encourage him?"
    "What could I say?"
    "Perhaps you wouldn't need to say much. But he should at least know he's not alone."
    "Well, then...I will speak to him tomorrow."
    "And may Aslan be with you."

That night, Obi-Wan was sitting in front of the fire in the guest room that had been given him. It was late, well past bedtime; but he didn't feel like sleeping. His thoughts kept wandering back-back to Siri's burial, to the battle when she was killed; and then back to when they first met in the Jedi training school, under Master Yoda. Yoda, Qui-Gon--oh, how he wished to see them now! He was almost ready to cry, but then he remembered one of the first things Yoda had taught him. "A Jedi does not show emotion." So kept it in, and tried to think of something else. But no matter how well he could control his muscles, he could not control his thoughts, and they kept returning to all that had passed.

But suddenly the room was filled with a bright light. Obi-Wan thought for a moment that the moon had suddenly shone through the window, but it was too bright for that. He looked around, and saw before him a great golden beast, a Lion, and the light seemed to come from Him.

"Do not be afraid," the Lion said. His voice was deep and majestic, but it was soft and gentle, and Obi-Wan did not feel afraid of Him in the ordinary sense; yet he did fear.
    "Do you know me?" asked the Lion.
    "I-I don't think so, Sir. And yet-and yet I almost think that I have met you before, if it isn't presuming too much."
    "It is well," said the Lion. "But you will grow to know me even better."
    Obi-Wan looked troubled for a moment.
    "Speak your thought," the Lion said softly.
    "Oh-Sir-it's just-well, I did want to return to my own world. But I would much rather stay here and follow you."
    "You must return to your world," the Lion said. "But do not fear," he added, for Obi-Wan again looked troubled. "For though it will be hard at times, yet you will learn to follow me there."
    "How can I do that, Sir? Are you there as well?"
    "I am. But few know me there, and I have another name. You must learn to know me by it."
    "Yes, Sir. But what about Siri?" he added suddenly.
    "That is another's story," said the Lion softly. "And none is ever told any story but their own."
    "Yes, Sir," said Obi-Wan in a choked whisper.
    Slowly the Lion bent His head down and breathed on Obi-Wan. "Are you stronger now?" He asked softly.
    "Yes, Sir," said Obi-Wan. And really, when that warm breath was around him, he felt he could have faced anything.
    "Then the time has come for you to return. But I do not say farewell, for though you may not always feel it I will be with you always. Do not forget." And at that Obi-Wan bowed his head, and the Lion licked his forehead; and then for a moment the light and warmth of the Lion wrapped themselves together around him, and he felt a peace and joy like none he had ever felt before. And then-

He was standing alone outside the Jedi Temple in Coruscant. The Star Treader was close by

15. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

I believe you purposefully left out where Siri and Obi had gone just to frustrate me. :p

*giggles*

:eek:

YODA??

In *NARNIA*???

*tries to picture it*

*sees Yoda getting eaten by the Lady Snake*

Err.... :( Not my best ever idea... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.