main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Narrow Escape (Anakin/Tahiri viggie) holdiay gift for JediAnt

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Title: Narrow Escape
    Author: Darkwriter
    Timeline: 27 A.B.Y. (The twins are 18, Anakin is 17, and Tahiri is 15)
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri, Solos referenced
    Genre: vignette, mush
    Keywords: AU, A/T, baby pictures
    Summary: Anakin and Tahiri narrowly escape Leia?s wrath with Jacen?s speeder.
    Notes: This was written for JediAnt, for the Winter Holiday Exchange. Here are the guidelines:

Please write the following for them:
    1. Tahiri and Anakin to be a couple.
    2. Either on a date or in a quiet place on their own.
    3. Have Anakin mention that he likes how talkative Tahiri is.

My characters are Tahiri & Anakin.

Hope you?re having a good holiday, JediAnt!

Anakin and Tahiri left before Leia could get out the baby pictures. Which seemed like a miracle, actually, because since Zekk was visiting with his surrogate father, Old Peckhum, Jaina was free tonight?on Anakin?s date night with Tahiri. Jacen was free, too, but that was nothing unusual. But Anakin hadn?t expected to get out of the Solos? apartment without looking at the baby pictures with Jaina acting as his mother?s subordinate. Sometimes Leia did things that would even make Anakin?s namesake shudder with fear; Anakin didn?t want to think about what Leia could accomplish with Jaina Solo has her right hand man?woman.

So as he helped Tahiri into the speeder he borrowed from his brother (who never used it anyway, but being the oldest of Han Solo?s boys received it brand new for his sixteenth birthday two years ago) he thought about how that had happened. He and Tahiri escaping, that is. Not Jacen getting a speeder. But that seemed like an anomaly, too, to be addressed at a later time.

Anakin had been anticipating Tahiri?s arrival all day, calculating the timing in his mind exactly?well, he was a certified genius?but certainly Leia?s sphinx-like reflexes would have signaled Jaina to go get the baby book the minute Tahiri walked in the door. Still, Anakin had everything ready: he had been waiting by the door with his coat and her flowers in hand. And he had nearly pushed Tahiri out the door.

Anakin slid into the driver?s seat, gripping his hand on the steering wheel. Then he sniffed. Because Jacen rarely used his speeder and Jaina updated it almost weekly, the leather still smelled brand new, even though it was two year old already.

That was just not fair. All Anakin had gotten for his sixteenth birthday last year was a new wide-screen 3-D holo game cube. From his parents. Jaina had made him a cute contraption?a go-cart. Jacen had given him a new lightsaber training pad, then gave him a look as if hinting that maybe his exercises need work.

Anakin shook his head. His family was rarely accountable for any kind of domestic success. They were better at political and military successes, no offense. More than likely, Anakin attributed his quick escape to Tahiri?s unending gabber. She had squealed a high-pitched ?Hello!? upon entering the Solos? apartment and hadn?t shut her mouth since. Not even after they left. Anakin doubted she ever shut up. In fact, he would have bet that she talked in her sleep. Not that he minded. She was still talking now.

?It smells nice in here. Is that leather??

?Yes,? Anakin said begrudgingly.

?Hmm.? Then she got a look at his face. ?Oh, don?t be that way, Anakin. I happen to love your go-cart.? She nudged him.

Anakin sighed. He liked it, too. But he didn?t understand why Jacen had been the one to get the speeder. Of course, he didn?t say so out loud.

But Tahiri guessed it. ?I know Jacen doesn?t really use it all the time, but I imagine it?s nice for him whenever Tenel Ka visits. She?s royalty. I?m not. Go-carts are my style. Besides?? She grinned. ?I happen to know how this speeder is really used.? Then, without delay: ?Jaina and Zekk make out in here all the time.?

For some reason, that made him feel better. Maybe because now he had blackmail on Jaina,

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007

Hope you?re having a good holiday, JediAnt!

Thank you! Having a lovely holiday. :D

Anakin and Tahiri left before Leia could get out the baby pictures.

Phew! That's lucky!

Oh, and lovely opening line, too. :)

Still, Anakin had everything ready: he had been waiting by the door with his coat and her flowers in hand. And he had nearly pushed Tahiri out the door.

LOL! [face_laugh] I love the level of fear you've instilled in Anakin with his mother. :p He can face krayt dragons and innumerable hideous creatures, but his mother still takes the cake. Love it!!

Jacen had given him a new lightsaber training pad, then gave him a look as if hinting that maybe his exercises need work.

Pfft! Anakin Solo's exercises needed work? :p He's the awesomeness! :cool: He doesn't even need to practice at all, it comes naturally.

Anakin shook his head. His family was rarely accountable for any kind of domestic success. They were better at political and military successes, no offense. More than likely, Anakin attributed his quick escape to Tahiri?s unending gabber. She had squealed a high-pitched ?Hello!? upon entering the Solos? apartment and hadn?t shut her mouth since. Not even after they left. Anakin doubted she ever shut up. In fact, he would have bet that she talked in her sleep. Not that he minded. She was still talking now.

Yes!!! :D This is a perfect description of Tahiri and her gift of the gab!! =D= Thank you, thank you!!

But Tahiri guessed it. ?I know Jacen doesn?t really use it all the time, but I imagine it?s nice for him whenever Tenel Ka visits. She?s royalty. I?m not. Go-carts are my style. Besides?? She grinned. ?I happen to know how this speeder is really used.? Then, without delay: ?Jaina and Zekk make out in here all the time.?

LOL! If my brother found out something like that about me, he'd go, "ewww"... :p

Anakin laughed. ?I?m just glad to be with you.?

Awww... so sweet!! [face_love]

?No. The food?s inside. Jacen, Zekk, and Lowie came by earlier to set it up.?

?Wow,? Tahiri said, seemingly growing more impressed. ?That?s pretty romantic.?

Anakin flashed her a grin. ?I?m a pretty romantic person.?

[face_love]

And that's even sweeter!! I'm really loving the way you're writing Anakin. This is a lovely ficlet-gift, I'm really enjoying it. :) [:D]

?Even more romantic,? Tahiri said as Anakin struggled with the lock. ?We?re breaking in.?

LMAO!!! [face_laugh] That line is hilarious!! I might have to put that in my siggie! ;)

?Oh, Anakin.? They stopped at a small nook, where a picnic blanket was set up with Corellian nerf and candlelight. Tahiri dropped beside it, her eyes glistening, and looked up at him. ?You did all this?for me??

Anakin rubbed the back of his neck. He felt his cheeks burning. ?Well, yeah.?

Aww.... he is such a darling!!! [face_love] What a wonderful surprise for Tahiri.

?Tahiri. Your ability to make any kind of conversation is one of the things I love best about you.?

That's what I'm talking about!! :D

Now Anakin felt foolish for being jealous of Jacen and his leather-smelling speeder. ?Of course not. I love you, Tahiri.?

Tahiri?s eyes softened. ?You love a fifteen-year-old??

?I love Tahiri Veila. I don?t care how old she is.?

What a perfect response!!! [face_love] :D This is such a sweet fic!! *swoons over Anakin*

Did he love this girl with all of his heart, mind, and soul? Anakin thought not. And that was probably a good thing.

Hehe... a nice way to end this wonderful little fic. =D= I have a feeling Anakin won't be so lucky to escape the baby photo album next time he takes Tahiri on a date. :p

Thank you so much for this, Darkwriter!! [:D] This was gorgeous, just what I was looking for when I pu

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    They really need a melting emoticon for this kind of fic. Well done.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was so very sweet

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved how Anakin had everything all arranged.

well, he was a certified genius

and modes too :p

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Darkwriter
    This piece is very, very lovely ? well done :D =D=

~ Mags ~

6. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Wow, this is my first time reading a Beyond the Saga fic. I really liked it. Great job!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.