main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Naruto Manga

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Teegirloo, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Now i have immersed myself in Naruto lately and finally have caught up in issues of the manga. I was wondering if anyone else have read it too. Right now the Manga is on Ch 376.

When i first started with the Anime. I liked what i saw and wanted to know more than were the anime was at. It is really good and i have to say that Naruto is maturing and getting stronger. I find the Akatsuki very interesting and cool. Itachi is my favorite out of all of them. Tobi is also an interesting character along Pain. I have some ideas or theories really but i will wait till i know where any of you guys are at in the manga.

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm right up to the latest chapter. I don't actually watch the anime much, Genshiken 2 and Gundam 00 take up most of my time for downloading, but I do make sure to get the manga every week.

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I usually don't follow the manga on a weekly basis but simply read the chapters in a batch but ever since Jiraiya's death flag has been raised with his conversation with Tsunade I've been following the manga each week. Still its taking a while. :p

4. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I know poor Jiraiya. I think it has sort of a Star Wars feel to it where in order for Naruto to be the real destined child, Jiraiya is gonna have to die. He left the key that Minato had with one of the frogs to give to Naruto if something should happen to him.

5. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I am caught up too and I am going to miss that hermit Jiraiya too. :(

6. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Oh i agree Emperor_Time its sad, cause i think it will happen in the next issue.:(

7. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    He's dead, Jim. :(

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    And he'd helped name him, too. :(

9. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    It's so sad and he was one of my favorites too. :(

It was cool to see what his mom looked like, she was pretty. She looked like Sakura.

10. KerriganPsyanide

KerriganPsyanide Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2007
    I remember actually being teary eyed seeing that particular chapter. I'm just wondering about the information Jiraiya figured out.

11. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm wondering if the series might be coming to an end soon, or at least another time-jump and the end of Part II... All loose ends are approaching a climax... [face_thinking]

12. KerriganPsyanide

Dec 3, 2007
    They might do another time skip I suppose, but that depends on what they decide to actually end in this part. Hopefully it won't be a case of dragging it out too much since that tends to annoy a few people and make the storyline weak in some respects. But so far it seems to be action packed. :D

13. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    There's an ending in sight, so I think the manga will be ending 'soon', and in these long running shounen 'soon' means several years. :p Unless Kishimoto creates another villain.

14. KerriganPsyanide

Dec 3, 2007
    As long as they answer EVERY question that's floating around when it ends, I won't suffer too too much. But you're right, it probably won't end for another several years yet lol.

15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I plan on catching up with this at some point. I temporarily gave up from exhaustion after reading the first 249 chapters.

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Just when it starts getting real good.

Yeah the climax's do seem close, but hopefully something else comes along to keep it going.

17. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Well he has introduced to us a "new" villain that is more of a threat than Akatsuki... Uchiha Madara/Tobi Plus, Orochimaru is still on the loose... in a sense...

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Has anyone read CH 385 yet. man the story is getting intense. Im lovin it. Cant wait to read more.[face_dancing]

19. Julia-Wan

Julia-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I read the Naruto manga, but i dont watch anime [face_hypnotized]

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    The anime in subtitles is alot better than the dubbed. Nothing compares to the Manga. I just read Ch 405 and its so sad. I really think Kishi is makin this manga more than just who has the best skills and so forth. Its good writing and its what's lacking in alot of manga.

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    It's always been more than who has the best skills. It's always been a question of who has the best skills for the situation. That's why they stress the importance of the squads and so forth. That's why the big danger is a group, and that hasn't changed even with the latest shift. Naruto has had to evolve and gain new skills in order to gain what would be needed for certain fights. And the two times where he was alone and at a complete disadvantage? He lost. Shikamaru was outclassed completely in terms of strength by Temari. But his skills and brain allowed him to gain the upper hand. He forfitted, but it was still a lot closer than it rightfully should have been.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yes it still shows alot of who has the best skills but im looking at it from a writers standpoint. I think the quality of the story is really good. I have some manga that dont have the depth that Kishi brings to Naruto. Just when i think its only going to be an all out battle fest, he puts a twistin the story.

I love reading the beginnings of Konoha and there is still more to go because Naruto still doesnt know about his family yet. I do think Sasuke is too strong and Naruto needs to get stronger. Thats really my only beef with the manga itself. As you said the gap in skills is too wide between them.

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Actually, we don't know what Itachi's manipulations mean for Naruto at the moment. So the gap between himself and Sasuke might not be nearly as wide as it once was. I also want to know where Pain fits in with Hawkatsuki. Because he doesn't seem like he would agree with Madara's way of doing things.

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah i am very curious what Itachi gave Naruto. Im thinking he gave him power to control the Kyuubi.

Yeah true Pain seems to think too much of himself to actually follow someone else's orders.

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    so what does everybody think? with naruto finding out what jiraiya's message is, Sasuke and Falcon going after the 8 tailed demon, and the akatsuki going to invade konoha, it looks like we're headed for a climax.....finally, if you ask me, the latest manga's have kind of dragged on and on lately, though it's naruto so i'm not going to stop reading anytime soon.

and does anyone else think pain's(or pein's) new body looks like naruto's mom?

oh, hi, i'm new here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.