main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Naruto]Tales of the Shinobi World Wars (mods' shuffle challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by SilSolo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    AN:

I will use Japanese honorifics, as I feel that it's necessary to emphasize people's relationships with others the way Japanese people do.
    -sama is used mainly to refer to people much higher in rank than oneself, toward one's customers, and sometimes toward people one greatly admires. It translates to Lord or Lady.

-san is used amongst friends and other equals. It is the common place honorific.

-kun is for close friends but not lovers. Sometimes it is also used to address people of junior status.

-chan endearing honorific for women, children, and close family members. Nii-chan means big brother and refers to Hizashi Hyuuga, one of the narrator's brothers.

In case I slide into Japanese for names, Kumo is the Land of Lightning and Konoha is Fire Country/The Land of Fire.

--

My curious son and apprentice, you keep asking me about my past with the Hidden Leaf village. Since we are allies with them now, I must tell you all that I know about the people that we are helping. As you know, we are ninjas from Lightning Country and our capital is the Hidden Cloud Village. Farther west of the battlefield that we are serving is the Hidden Leaf Village. I will tell you the stories as I remember them.

--

?Engel? by Rammstein
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mTp6n_T6M&feature=fvst

We can talk as we wash the foul chakra from this man's system. You see two men that look like me fighting. They?re the uncles that I never talked about. Yes, those two with the long hair and eyes like ours. Those two were like this when Nii-chan was still alive. Back then, it was their way of training and deciding things. They didn?t talk to each other the way normal people do, especially not when they?re at home. The fights ended when one of them couldn?t get up.

According to Hyuuga legends, in cremating Nii-chan, I was supposed to send him to heaven. With that ugly seal still on his head and him getting beaten up constantly, I can definitely say that I sent my angel of a brother to heaven---a weird heaven.

I just remembered that I read that some skilled ninja infiltrated the Hyuuga compound and left everything untouched, except for Hyuuga-sama's hairbrush, which he apparently stole. I laughed it off as the usual sort of funny news, but there might be more to it if I still remember that article.

--

?The Fallacy? by Epica
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtP05Bohezc

I see that you?re still looking off in Chikami-san?s direction. I know what you?re thinking. Just talk to her already.

You say that you have no love for people of the enemy clan, but you forget that my Byakugan sees everything, my little boy. I see through walls and I see through lies, even the ones that you tell yourself. We?re in a war. You don?t know if she?ll live to see another day. You don?t know if something?s gonna collapse our medical tent and kill us today while we?re focused on healing someone. If something happens and you don?t seize the day and tell her now, you might regret it.

It?s amazing how our lives run in parallel. Like mother, like son, I suppose. I have a habit of loving enemy ninja, too. The first time it happened, I couldn?t bring myself to admit that I liked him until after he died. He was, after all, the biggest idiot that I?ve ever seen and his clan never saw eye with my family since the day those abominations were born. His name was Obito Uchiha.

Hyuugas and Uchihas didn?t get along. Our rivalry goes way back, almost to before the existence of modern ninjas. They had neither original jutsus of their own nor any love for the ones that they?re supposed to love. They were an insult to the great dojutsus. It was like that starting with the first Uchiha. His father was the ultimate product of our breeding program and the messiah who was supposed to bring peace to our world, so the children of the Hyuuga clan befriended Uchiha. To gain power, that monster first stole the last of our old technology that we used to run our breeding program and mutated his eyes. When that wasn't enough, he murdered his best friend, Ryu Hy

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, these were nice! =D=

I haven't read manga since high school, so I am so rusty with my plots - yet still, I enjoyed this. (And your music! I think that I have every single one of those on my iPod. :cool:)

I loved the feel of this - the old story teller tone that you worked into it. The wording and the stories were incredibly rich and vibrant, and I enjoyed every word of it. Especially the ficlet set to Fallacy - that one had to be my favorite. Hands down.

Very well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These were great!! Wonderful job :)

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Mira: thanks. I think I liked that one the best, too. It's actually a fanfic that I started a long time ago but never finished. When I hit Fallacy on the shuffle, I knew I had to go back and finish that one.

NYCitygurl: thanks.